Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The new Sims 3.....yes I know I'm a loser :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

What ever you do, do not start playing EVE, if you thing WoW is addictive....

LearningCurve.jpg
    decided to try the trial version of wow this sunday

i see why that games poxy addictive:P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,255 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I simply havent gotten into MMOs yet because of pure cost sense. Im sure I would easily get lost in EVE or WoW for a couple years, but not for $500 while I do it. **** that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Started playing Max Payne 2 again for some gritty hard-boiled action.

Now I'm all scowly and grr... GRR... GRRR!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think my inner gamer is broken forever... Just signed up a new Kingdom of Loathing account, I'd always enjoyed that before - but I'm pretty much getting a gigantic wave of "meh". :mad:

• Advertisement

I got stuck very early on that. I just dont have a riddle brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm either about to head to bed or play Killzone2 MP. Or fallout 3. Oh god, if I start on Fallout I won't get to bed 'til after 4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

For some reason I bought the Sims 3...oh, look at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Gemcraft.

Still waiting for a mind blowing gundam game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

decided to try the trial version of wow this sunday

i see why that games poxy addictive:P

I will never understand why people will knowingly jump into something they know is addictive! :confused: Just to add that I tried the trial 3/4 years ago and found it very very boring.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I will never understand why people will knowingly jump into something they know is addictive! :confused:
    To escape from their disappointing lives?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Played Stronghold Crusader a couple days ago. Made the mistake of going solo against 4 opponents unified by the round table. Was up till the wee hours, first building resources and fortifications, defending, then taking the opposition down one-by-one. Why should the boys have all the fun? Call me Joan of Arc, but skip the burning at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Creeping-Death

Have played Age of Empires 2 all night on numerous occasions, wait till i get onto the expansion packs!! I wont sleep till August!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eddie12

It all started with Sid Meiers "Pirates" in the early ninties
    Then.....
    Dune
    Civilisation(all the versions)
    Championship manager(ever version), playing it now in fact.
    Baldurs gate
    Morrowwind
    Oblivion
    World of Warcraft
    Total War...from the start
    Command & Conquer

Years of my life...wasted well spent
    How I had enough time to meet a girl and keep her happy enough to marry me remains a mystery

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

eddie12 wrote: »
    How I had enough time to meet a girl and keep her happy enough to marry me remains a mystery
    "Pause" the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Championship/Football Manager (Depending on the year) is always a big up all nighter.. Its only really fun when you have school or work the next day. Its not half as fun when you are getting up the next day and have nothing to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Championship/Football Manager (Depending on the year) is always a big up all nighter.. Its only really fun when you have school or work the next day. Its not half as fun when you are getting up the next day and have nothing to do anyway.

You mean the 2000/2001 version...when they swithced to the crappy 3d pitch it lost all it's appeal for me..with the old version I could do a season a night...with the new one it was about 20 games :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing arma 2 as we speak :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Playing a bit of Dawn of War 2 lately. Kinda rocks.

• Advertisement

still waiting for the price to drop. Beta was great, but I can't drop that kinda cash lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Mount & Blade will consume your life. It's a fairly basic but incredibly open-ended game, and the horseback combat is the best you'll see outside of a film. Once the multiplayer expansion comes out I may never see daylight again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If anyone plays company of heros,get your ass over to the stratergy forum,theres a tourament being organised.

Have been playing Okami while waiting for blocks of video to encode and... um... racked up about four and a half hours of gameplay :o

Time flies when you're throwing brush-strokes around stylised Japanese environments.

Just discovered oblivion. Thats my summer covered.

Overheal wrote: »
    Just discovered oblivion. Thats my summer covered.

"I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!"

Mod the crap out of it and enjoy. I'd recommend the 'no-psychic guards' and some of the choice weather mods.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rhyme wrote: »
    Have been playing Okami while waiting for blocks of video to encode and... um... racked up about four and a half hours of gameplay :o

Time flies when you're throwing brush-strokes around stylised Japanese environments.

Okami is so pretty... tempted to dig out my old PS2 and give that another go :)

Okami is so pretty... tempted to dig out my old PS2 and give that another go :)

Worth it.

I'll probably have to balance the cheerfulness with something on the other end of the scale somewhere down the line though. Resident Evil 0 and Manhunt have lain dormant for a fairly long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ah. I avoid the Dutch for some reason. :p

I did once take FC Twente to a Champions League win though.

I usually manage big teams, though in my last game I took Millwall from League 2 to the Premiership in successive seasons. Had a similar problem with the stadium expansion though.

I think it was the last game before Championship Manager became Football Manager, but I took over Barnet in the confrence and won the champions league in 6 seasons. (calling divisions by old names)

Season 1: Won Confrence
    Season 2: Won third Division
    Season 3: Won Second Division and Runner up in League Cup
    Season 4: Won First division and won League Cup
    Season 5: Third in Premier League and won F.A. Cup
    Season 6: Won Champions League and Premier League.

They erected a statue of me outside the stadium twice.

Greatest championship adventure EVER. I'll never forget that game...then I took over the Ireland job and got us to the semi-finals of the European Cup, knocking out England in the groups.

Then I took over the England job and had won 12 from 12 games or something like that, including friendlies, and was going to walk the world cup (don't think I've ever won the world cup in championship manager) but then the save game crashed and was lost forever.

:(

Many sleepless nights playing that though!!! Legends such as Kasper Schiemichal, Todorov, Luke Moore and plenty others brought my team to glory!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I think it was the last game before Championship Manager became Football Manager, but I took over Barnet in the confrence and won the champions league in 6 seasons. (calling divisions by old names)

Season 1: Won Confrence
    Season 2: Won third Division
    Season 3: Won Second Division and Runner up in League Cup
    Season 4: Won First division and won League Cup
    Season 5: Third in Premier League and won F.A. Cup
    Season 6: Won Champions League and Premier League.

They erected a statue of me outside the stadium twice.

Greatest championship adventure EVER. I'll never forget that game...then I took over the Ireland job and got us to the semi-finals of the European Cup, knocking out England in the groups.

Then I took over the England job and had won 12 from 12 games or something like that, including friendlies, and was going to walk the world cup (don't think I've ever won the world cup in championship manager) but then the save game crashed and was lost forever.

:(

Many sleepless nights playing that though!!! Legends such as Kasper Schiemichal, Todorov, Luke Moore and plenty others brought my team to glory!!

What a carreer! I really tried to get into football manager but, It never worked!

I'm sticking to FIFA...

Advertisement