Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

nate_doggg wrote: »

I've heard about that. Keep it away!!! I like what little non addicted free time I have!

Oh gods they patched Street Fighter... Need sleep! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jotto999

First let me clarify this much - I get incredibly amused over some games that aren't even good. Flash games, low quality MMORPGS, GB, GBC and GBA roms on an emulator, etc.

When it comes to being amused over little things, I am pathetic. :)

Anyways, lately it's been;

On the GBA emulator:
    Legacy of Goku 2
    Various versions of Mario
    Various versions of Pokemon
    And a bunch of others

Flash games:
    Sonny 2 - http://armorgames.com/play/2900/sonny-2
    Bloons TD 3 - http://www.ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Bloons-Tower-Defense-3.html

And I've been playing Runescape too. Scary, I know, when I have acess to FAR better MMORPGS. Though I've been having tons of fun actually. Runescape is one of the few MMOs where you can kill someone and get all of their hard-earned equipment, hahahaha :p

I also play Warhammer Online. Great game, I love those huge, epic 60+ vs 60+ keep and city sieges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

You should check out Darkfall Online Jotto. Sounds like it's right up your street.

MMORPG, Full loot, 500 vs 500 man sieges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A website for some rather unusual Flash games. I started on Grow Tower but have been nibbling at the others, maybe not an extended all-nighter, but you do get fixated with ending the mini games 'properly' for a short while.

Just the right amount of quirkyness to catch you..

http://www.eyezmaze.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

Oblivion the eldar scrolls.

Even when youve finished it you can go round finding places or casting spells till you fall asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Resident Evil. The first night it came out my mate and I stayed up all night and played it for 10 hours.... Nice!

Done it a few other times since

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fallout 3 has had me up nights...

I'm embarrassed to mention I've also been up till 5am playing solataire on my ipod..!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Converser

Peggle is quite addictive....Reason being, you don't need to be too awake to play it and it's easy on the brain as you only really use one finger to play. It has the added bonus of having a unicorn called Bjorn as it's main character :). Eh which is quite funny I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

I'd say the original DOOM or maybe DOOM 2. So addictive!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

lately I cant stop playing football manager 2009,was playing it till 4 this morning :-/.

the original DOOM

You rang?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ive became rather addicted to this lately

www.kdice.com

Kind of a simplified multiplayer version of risk...fun and frustrating in equal measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

SDooM wrote: »
    There was a few nights last year when Oblivion was played by me from 11 pm until 7 am after work. What a brilliant, immersive game.

I have to agree, I would have well spent over 300 real life hours into that game over the years. Simply addictive.

Also, FIFA. It is one of those "one more game. Win. One more game. Win. ONE MORE GAME!!!" game. I stayed up until 5am after planning on hitting the hay at 1am.

Shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've just come out of my latest bout with my addiction of Football Manager. It is the ultimate "looks at watch, 8pm, just one more hour............next time look at watch it's 2am.":pac:

Unfortunately my brother took his PS3 with him when he moved out, so I has nothing to play now.:( Oblvion though has kept me up all night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played fallout 3 till 4 this morning :O

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Recently Saints Row 2 and Call of Duty 4 online have been keeping me busy.

As far as all night gaming goes, with considerable spill over into the next day, nothing can beat a back to back Resident Evil canon title run (REmake, RE2, RE3:Nemesis, RE:CV, RE4, RE5).

I completed three SF4 tournaments last night.

Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Call of Duty 4, I put so much time of my life into that game that I will never get back but oh wasn't the 10th prestige worth it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

wild 9
    its a playstation one game that no one ever remembers, so so fun!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    wild 9
    its a playstation one game that no one ever remembers, so so fun!

Played the game back when it came out, pretty damn cool but didn't enjoy it as much as some other games by Shiny, namely Earthworm Jim 2 <3

Couldn't sleep last night so got back in the Paper Mario 2 swing, got distracted with college the last time I played it, now determined to finish it (or start playing Okami again)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,255 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have got to try this Eternal Silence HL2 mod:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17550/

and its free

Playing Dawn of War II at the moment. Very different to DoW1. No base building, more squad based tactics and RPG oriented. I like it so far.

It was very good in beta for the most part. Very easy to steamroll though. Still waiting for the price to creep down.

Overheal wrote: »
    It was very good in beta for the most part. Very easy to steamroll though. Still waiting for the price to creep down.

Its 22 in Game now, so Im guessing an expansion pack is on the way.
    Think its easy? Try Primarch difficulty ;)

Strated playing the witcher,great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

although it was slated, i loved kane and lynch, just had to complete it on multiplayer....and then complete it again (damn double ending) stopped at some rediculous time of the morning!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Its 22 in Game now, so Im guessing an expansion pack is on the way.
    Think its easy? Try Primarch difficulty ;)

Interesting. If I wasnt so broke I'd wire you the money and just have you give us the CD Key :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

decided to try the trial version of wow this sunday

i see why that games poxy addictive:P

Advertisement