Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Picked it up today as well... 10 minutes in and I've already encountered a game breaking bug... who the hell playtests games these days?

PC or 360?

I had a few crashes on the PC untill i rolled back my video drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

PC or 360?

I had a few crashes on the PC untill i rolled back my video drivers.

PS3. It's when I sit down to take the GOAT exam... nothing happened and I couldn't stand back up... luckily going back to the autosave worked as it didn't happen the second time around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked it up today as well... 10 minutes in and I've already encountered a game breaking bug... who the hell playtests games these days?

I read online about a glitch during the GOAT exam but it didnt say which format. I was looking up something else at the time so didnt read the full article, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

The orignal AvP was brilliant for late night gaming.....

....the only true way to play it was at 2am on your own with a rubber mat under ya :pac:.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I remember playing that at 4am during an overnight LAN a few years ago.... that was awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The orignal AvP was brilliant for late night gaming.....

....the only true way to play it was at 2am on your own with a rubber mat under ya :pac:.

Jesus christ that game scared the **** out of me. Aliens just dropping out of nowhere on top of you. Tis' ****ed up!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Picke fallout up yesterday.

Fantastic game, I'm hooked. I'm especially impressed with the improvements over Oblivion in little things such as adding in barbers.

Cranking up the whiskey and PC. It'll be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,423 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Manager Games..Metal Gear Sold Games..Gran Turismo 4..Went 18 hours finishing the license things..Only did around 5 races...the new Pro Evo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I remember playing that at 4am during an overnight LAN a few years ago.... that was awesome :D
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Jesus christ that game scared the **** out of me. Aliens just dropping out of nowhere on top of you. Tis' ****ed up!:pac:

Hehe!. Yup!.

Especially the radar!. Whenever i heard it bleep in the dark, I'd be strafing up against the walls, staring up at the vents and trying not to go into cardiac arrest :D.

mmMMMmmm, AvP is brilliant for lans....unfortunately my graphics-obsessed friends wont lan anything that cant be used for benchmarking these days :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I got fallout as well. I'm not overly-impressed tbh, it's very hard to get into as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Been playing a bit of Oblivion there, and in contrast to Morrowind it's a lot better but a lot less loveable. Guess FO3's the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

faceman wrote: »
    I read online about a glitch during the GOAT exam but it didnt say which format. I was looking up something else at the time so didnt read the full article, sorry.

http://kotaku.com/5072534/ps3-fallout-3-a-bit-broken
    That's the one I'd say

Really looking forward to getting stuck into Fallout3, despite never playing the first 2 (I should be ashamed of myself!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tman wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5072534/ps3-fallout-3-a-bit-broken
    That's the one I'd say

Really looking forward to getting stuck into Fallout3, despite never playing the first 2 (I should be ashamed of myself!)

yes.

buy them at gog.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Rome:Total War

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

css, cod4, warcraft III, DotA.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Last night: Gears of War 2 (finished it in about 9 hours).

Tonight: Far Cry 2 (and it's looking like I'll be playing this one for quite a while :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Playing FM 09 atm. It's the worst Football Manager ever. Also the best. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Kharn wrote: »
    Tonight: Far Cry 2 (and it's looking like I'll be playing this one for quite a while :D)

Isn't digging out bullets with a pliers and popping your bones back into place just wonderful? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm getting stuck into Resistance 2 tonight. I hear the co op is awesome online.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

have often played tiger woods and sim city into the wee hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

recently ive been playing a lot of gta4 farcry 2 gears of war 2 halo and other what not's .. looking forward to a chalanging game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Saints Row 2

Frickin awesome.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Re-playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past.

This makes me a very happy kirby.

Sarky wrote: »
    Isn't digging out bullets with a pliers and popping your bones back into place just wonderful? :)

You know what, it really is?

I'm playing as the Norn-Iron guy too, so it's amusing to see the celtic tri-swirl tattoos on his knuckles whilst bombing around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

World of Goo with the lights out.. and Sennheiser headphones, with a mug of Maxwell House, no sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

okey dokey.... many a nights have i gamed til the morn :D
    oblivion as said above, truly immersive :)
    metal gear solid 4, it be epic
    online rainbow6 las vegas :D
    online resistance 2
    final fantasy VII
    and final fantast X (XII is uber gay)

XD

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Amalgam wrote: »
    World of Goo with the lights out.. and Sennheiser headphones, with a mug of Maxwell House, no sugar.

The music in that game is truly awesome.

Another couple of hours on Far Cry 2, game tells me I'm 20% complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

COD 5 online is the only game one needs at 4am. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

spent christmas night playin Prince of Persia all night. Tonight it shall be saints rown 2 one thinks

Advertisement