Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Its the same with me. I don't play video games all that often anymore but when I get totally engrossed in something I can do nothing else until its finished.

And I don't think that they will create a tech-demoesque remake of FF7. Why? Because it would most likely shut down the worlds economy as people would just stop turning up to work on release week to play it. I know if it came down to it thats what I would do!

Also the problem of bread-line like rioting and looting outside Game stores worldwide on the day of release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I can play civilisation4 for 16 hours nonstop through night and day.
    Fall from Heaven mod FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My ex played WoW an average of 12 hours a day over the summer...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

final fantasy 7 and 10 were all nighters for me as were silent hill 2 and 4. I picked up age of empires III for the mac and civ revolution for the xbox recently but neither have me up all nite

My ex played WoW an average of 12 hours a day over the summer...
    The reason for break-up by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Call of Duty 4 (PS3) online atm, used to be Football Manager 07 and Zoo Tycoon.

Call of Duty 4 (PS3) online atm, used to be Football Manager 07 and Zoo Tycoon.
    zoo tycoon is teh shixXors!

Teutorix wrote: »
    The reason for break-up by any chance?

As far as I can work out, it was her way of coping... Things kind of fell apart on her after she went psycho and ended it.

As far as I can work out, it was her way of coping... Things kind of fell apart on her after she went psycho and ended it.
    WOW is a worse addiction than alcohol! im tellin ya. i got hooked on it once.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Oblivion as well. used to go to bed when I saw the sun coming up :o got soe sucked into that game.

Oblivion fúcked up my sleep patterns for a long time. Fell asleep on the couch one day after a mammoth session and while asleep I started yapping on about some sword and kept saying "reference it on the map". Got a ripping for ages over that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Recovered

Sarky wrote: »
    Syndicate Wars took up frankly embarrassing amounts of my time and sleep back in the 90's.

OMG! Syndicate Wars FTW !!11!!1ONE!!ELEVEN!

Oblivion fúcked up my sleep patterns for a long time. Fell asleep on the couch one day after a mammoth session and while asleep I started yapping on about some sword and kept saying "reference it on the map". Got a ripping for ages over that one.
    Umbra by any chance? that sword is shockingly powerfull.

WOW is a worse addiction than alcohol! im tellin ya. i got hooked on it once.

Aye. And she like a lot of people I know is still hooked, and it costs you so much in terms of your life...

Aye. And she like a lot of people I know is still hooked, and it costs you so much in terms of your life...
    i am lucky enough to have the staying power of a suicidal chipmunk. got bored eventually :pac:

i am lucky enough to have the staying power of a suicidal chipmunk. got bored eventually :pac:

It didn't help that while I wasn't bored per sé I'd started losing the love of it. I'd have quit but I was playing with her basically. But it certainly cost me a scary amount of time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Umbra by any chance? that sword is shockingly powerfull.
    I'm pretty sure it was, one of the lads was starting off and I kept telling him to get that sword when ever he was playing it. I managed to get that fairly early on by mistake, was delighted with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got stuck into Fable 2 the other night when I was getting ready to start on night shifts, it's pretty much ideal for bleary eyed gaming at 4am.

WoW used to keep me up until all hours even when I had work the next morning... So many wasted hours:(

tman wrote: »
    Got stuck into Fable 2 the other night when I was getting ready to start on night shifts, it's pretty much ideal for bleary eyed gaming at 4am.

WoW used to keep me up until all hours even when I had work the next morning... So many wasted hours:(

Fúcking WoW. Cost me a relationship and a year of college. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yep, even after deleting my character and swearing that I'd never waste another minute of my life playing it, I still get the occasional craving to start playing again.
    I turned down a date so that I could play it, turned down countless offers from friends to go out, sacrificed sleep just so that I could grind a bit more... The game absolutely ruled my life and I hate looking back on those times.
    I hate seeing a good friend still playing it incessantly as well, wish he'd cop on and leave it like I did:(

WoW is the scourge of gaming imo, but most people that play don't even realise what they're doing to themselves... It should be a controlled substance or just plain banned!

3am rants ftw!

Yep, even after deleting my character and swearing that I'd never waste another minute of my life playing it, I still get the occasional craving to start playing again.
    I turned down a date so that I could play it, turned down countless offers from friends to go out, sacrificed sleep just so that I could grind a bit more... The game absolutely ruled my life and I hate looking back on those times.
    I hate seeing a good friend still playing it incessantly as well, wish he'd cop on and leave it like I did:(

WoW is the scourge of gaming imo, but most people that play don't even realise what they're doing to themselves... It should be a controlled substance or just plain banned!

3am rants ftw!

Meh, lots of people love it because it's addictive. It's our own fault for playing it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

turned down countless offers from friends to go out

Thank god Im not the only one who does this, thought I was the only one, turned my phone off all weekend last week, probably gonna do the same this weekend id say with Fallout being released

Thank god Im not the only one who does this, thought I was the only one, turned my phone off all weekend last week, probably gonna do the same this weekend id say with Fallout being released
    your certainly not alone, i do it all too much myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Fable 2 has been keeping me up a good bit this week.

Fun game.... but so many fecking bugs in it.

I've come to terms with the fact today that I'll never get all 50 Gargoyles as one of the quests is bugged for me.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Meh, lots of people love it because it's addictive. It's our own fault for playing it though.

Agreed, I don't even want to think about how much time I wasted playing. Played for just over 2 years, and that game caused so many sleepless nights, missed college assignment deadlines, exam struggles, sleeping late for work because I'd been playing late... And it's so easy to just keep playing for hours and hours.

All of that for a ****ing game. It's absolutely insane.

Agreed, I don't even want to think about how much time I wasted playing. Played for just over 2 years, and that game caused so many sleepless nights, missed college assignment deadlines, exam struggles, sleeping late for work because I'd been playing late... And it's so easy to just keep playing for hours and hours.

All of that for a ****ing game. It's absolutely insane.

Preaching to the Choir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Okami had me up for the occasional 36 hour gaming session too, actually. The combination of amazing artwork and story was a potent one indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked up Fallout 3 today. Looks like it will all nighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

faceman wrote: »
    Picked up Fallout 3 today. Looks like it will all nighter!

Picked it up today as well... 10 minutes in and I've already encountered a game breaking bug... who the hell playtests games these days?

• Advertisement

Picked it up today as well... 10 minutes in and I've already encountered a game breaking bug... who the hell playtests games these days?
    Not Bethesda?

Advertisement