Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Used to be a pretty heavy MMO player myself, like 6-7 yrs on them which sucked the life out of me:(:( have tried to stay away from them so far its working (thank feck says AJ;)) but recently there's been a Wii introduced to my sisters place, its lots of fun playing against actual players beside you haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Fallout 3 and Pro Evo 09 have had me up fairly late in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I remember I used to come home from school on a friday and play WolfET from 7pm to 2am, them were the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Dungeon Keeper 2....20 hours solid til I'd won it..

I've been up all night (til 7am) on guild wars..

other games that have kept me up till dawn were:

MGS1
    sonic in one incarnation or another
    baldurs gate 1&2
    Icewind dale
    deus ex
    gta VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 all kept me playing until the wee hours. Had many late nighters with the Metal Gear Solids as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The orignal AvP was brilliant for late night gaming.....

....the only true way to play it was at 2am on your own with a rubber mat under ya :pac:.

I couldn't play that for too long, as a Marine I'd get this pain behind my ears.. stressed out from it so much. Mood far better than AvP2. Loved it online.

I nearly got ill from Doom 3's monster cupboards.. played at night for some reason. More adrenalin shock than being 'spooked'. Cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I play this more than I'd care to admit, in the small hours. If I'm waiting for something to finish burning, encoding etc.. or grabbing a cuppa.

Dice Wars (Flash web site)

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

These days its COD4 online that'l keep me awake, mostly as its all I have. But I'll pretty much play anything once it keeps away the boredom and sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i have to say little big planet had kept me awake pretty solidly since xmas, the levels people make and post online are amazing, metal gear sacklid or the scarface game are just unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

My "up all night" games?
    Any version of football manager (I'm on FM09 atm)
    also- stayed up with Gears of War 2 twice this week, and then there's always Civilisation... oh dear, the hours I have spent on that game... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

My "up all night" games?
    Any version of football manager (I'm on FM09 atm)
    also- stayed up with Gears of War 2 twice this week, and then there's always Civilisation... oh dear, the hours I have spent on that game... :eek:

What ya thinkin of the new FM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

EVE online just one more contract, its only 4.30am...
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and 3. Damn their open worlds to hell.
    Knights of the Old Republic, the orginal.
    Deus Ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I know it's old and not internet used with millions of other beings but Theme Hospital kept me up all night only last week!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Aw yea, that's a great game! Spent many hours playing it back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Kharn wrote: »
    Aw yea, that's a great game! Spent many hours playing it back in the day.

Yeah, back in the day I only had a demo version of it with the first 3 levels. I played it over and over and over (repetitiveness to the max! :D)
    But then last week my Dad bought it in a charity shop for me, remembeing my love of it :o

ACW wrote: »
    EVE online just one more contract, its only 4.30am...
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and 3. Damn their open worlds to hell.
    Knights of the Old Republic, the orginal.
    Deus Ex.

I fúcking love KoToR!

I fúcking love KoToR!

Pity KotOR 2 was unfinished. On the plus side it dide have everyone's favourite sociopathic robot.

ACW wrote: »
    Pity KotOR 2 was unfinished. On the plus side it dide have everyone's favourite sociopathic robot.

Yeah, it's actually a better game, but the story's not done yet. You ever read Scorcho's Let's Play Guide? Kept me going through some crazy nights. :pac:

What ya thinkin of the new FM?
    It's very very buggy.
    And the LOI isn't researched at all, which irritates me.
    I've since gone back to FM08/CM4 actually

Oh and Peggle, which is computer generated Crack!

• Advertisement

It's very very buggy.
    And the LOI isn't researched at all, which irritates me.
    I've since gone back to FM08/CM4 actually

Yeah it is a tad.

New patch has made it workable.

Got a decent game going as Barca.

What's annoying is that a few smaller leagues like the LOI, the Scandies etc, they're not quite as strong as they should be. A tad irritating.

What's annoying is that a few smaller leagues like the LOI, the Scandies etc, they're not quite as strong as they should be. A tad irritating.
    Yeah and the Dutch and Belgian leagues too...
    I have a mammoth game going atm with Shaktar Donetsk. It's great fun- 2-3 real matches a year domestically and LOADS of money.
    I'm hoping next year that they'll really grind out the bugs and research stuff. Downloading patches is poxy when I'm not in Dublin. :(

Yeah and the Dutch and Belgian leagues too...
    I have a mammoth game going atm with Shaktar Donetsk. It's great fun- 2-3 real matches a year domestically and LOADS of money.
    I'm hoping next year that they'll really grind out the bugs and research stuff. Downloading patches is poxy when I'm not in Dublin. :(

Indeed. Tis a pity.

I'm doing what I always do - big team until I get bored - then start again as a tiny team (usually in the same game) and drag them to the top. Thinking maybe San Marino in Serie C2 or FC Vaduz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Counter Strike Source if my AV would only allow it :mad:

ill stick to Bloons for now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭dave.omeara

Those cursed Management games. Up til 5 yesterday playing it.
    Red Alert, or any C&C game, or any game the starts with "Age of".
    Age of Mythology is my personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

What about the Half Life and Counter Strike games? Are they still popular? I had mates that would spend entire days on them. And of course World of Warcraft was another one that they enjoyed (with a lot of beer too!!!)

Personally I love the Final Fantasy and Resident Evil series. Brilliant stuff. Resident Evil 2 my personal favourite of that series. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X and X-2 are awesome. I love the storylines and how the characters develop over the course of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Viking: Battle for Asgard.

OMFG sunk so many hours into this already and will be heading back to it.

The game play is wonderful and immerse, the mythology ISN'T wrong
    and I got to be the dragon and flame crunch kill destroy.

DenMan wrote: »
    What about the Half Life and Counter Strike games? Are they still popular? I had mates that would spend entire days on them. And of course World of Warcraft was another one that they enjoyed (with a lot of beer too!!!)

Personally I love the Final Fantasy and Resident Evil series. Brilliant stuff. Resident Evil 2 my personal favourite of that series. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X and X-2 are awesome. I love the storylines and how the characters develop over the course of the game.

Anyone who plays CSS or WoW is still addicted and not posting on boards. Any boards. :pac:

Anyone who plays CSS or WoW is still addicted and not posting on boards. Any boards. :pac:

So very true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Funny because it's true. I've added about 3,500 posts here since I quit WoW...

Some might say that my addiction has simply transferred over!

Advertisement