Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well thought out, considered and reasoned comment there, backed up by logical arguments and factual evidence. Its that sort of thinking that put us where we are today, tbh. :rolleyes:

"1. Third World Schools + 2. Archaic Transport + 3. Abysmal Healthcare + 4. Rampant Crime"

If I responded to that pile of over-exaggerated bull**** with a serious, well considered comment with factual evidence, it would imply that I actually considered Raiser's post to be somewhat relevant or that he actually had a point other than "rabble, rabble, rabble...."

No, I think EPIC FAIL will suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Agreed, it really lacked an accusation of treason. Ohh and some poor attempts at protraying eveyone involved in the public sector as corpulant parasites. Really needed some of that. And righteous indignation! That'd have really helped his cause.

Y'know, all the average prattle that makes all these AH posts special
    Yawn. All I'm doing is recounting the facts, and in my opinion the actions taken by those in power over the last decade or so warrant a row of gibbets. Your opinion as to what should be done with them might be different, but there can be no doubt that punitive action is required.

Maybe you enjoy paying ever increasing taxes to support these buffoons, but those of us who aren't masochists have a thing or two to say about it.

Still good job with the sarcasm there. Yes indeed.
    No, I think EPIC FAIL will suffice.
    You wouldn't be far wrong. Not in the way you might think, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I find it pretty funny that those who are saying there's nothing wrong are for the most part the young and students....whilst older people and those who work and pay taxes and were around before the boom times to see what it was like then, decry the wastage and mismanagement over those times.
    For all the people who grew up in the tiger era, I've some news for you...nothing really changed, we just all got ourselves in more debt for nice things and clapped ourselves on the back...we papered over the cracks and then built a nice extension with our re-mortgage...but it's still the same sh*tty house it was 20 years back packed with lots of lovely furniture and plush carpets...the foundations were never shored up as they should have been...now that subsidence and collapse is seen as a possibility, there's no more money in the re-mortgage and the house has to stand on the back of it's tiring occupants.
    These politicians were paid to look after our interests as a nation, they saw no problem with paying people lots of money to tell them how best to do this...paying consultants to tell you how to do your job is one thing, but when not one of them can turn around and envisage a what-if/worst case scenario along the lines of what has happened, you can only see that advice as having been an extreme waste of money.
    Epic fail indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I've never voted for either FF or FG, not even a last preference token gesture. I did give a green a 3rd or 4th preference vote though so for that I apologise. Wont ever happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well thought out, considered and reasoned comment there, backed up by logical arguments and factual evidence. Its that sort of thinking that put us where we are today, tbh. :rolleyes:

What was logical in that post?

How many children are thought in rat infested pre-fabs?? There are pre-fabs used on a temporary basis, There is a school near me that has 2 well maintained, permanent pre-fabs, that weren't neglected in some effort to show an attitude of entitlement to bricks and morter, that does the same job at no discernable advantage.

I don't know where Raiser lives, but I've done a fair bit of travelling this year and the only places I found with grass growing in the middle were fields, gardens and narrow roads that aren't even on a map, mainly around Cork. I drove the M7/N7 yesterday and today, it's far from a third world standard.

How many people lie on trolleys in hospitals?? 1 is too many but it's not pervasive....and I know it's not pervasive in MWRH, I did have to lie on a trolley there, but had a bed within 5 hours once all the day's discharges were processed.

How many people have been shot at recently? I know I haven't!

Irish people need to start paying proper taxes if they want to earn their self-righteous sense of automatic entitlement.

The automatic over 70s medical card, as well as automatic exchequer funded third level fees are just 2 of many PRIVELAGES that Irish people have enjoyed that always were and continue to be UNSUSTAINABLE. These are long held views of mine and nothing to do with current developments. Anyone who knows me will back that up, including my grandparents and college friends.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ninty9er wrote: »
    What was logical in that post?

How many children are thought in rat infested pre-fabs?? There are pre-fabs used on a temporary basis, There is a school near me that has 2 well maintained, permanent pre-fabs, that weren't neglected in some effort to show an attitude of entitlement to bricks and morter, that does the same job at no discernable advantage.

I don't know where Raiser lives, but I've done a fair bit of travelling this year and the only places I found with grass growing in the middle were fields, gardens and narrow roads that aren't even on a map, mainly around Cork. I drove the M7/N7 yesterday and today, it's far from a third world standard.

How many people lie on trolleys in hospitals?? 1 is too many but it's not pervasive....and I know it's not pervasive in MWRH, I did have to lie on a trolley there, but had a bed within 5 hours once all the day's discharges were processed.

Irish people need to start paying proper taxes if they want to earn their self-righteous sense of automatic entitlement.

The automatic over 70s medical card, as well as automatic exchequer funded third level fees are just 2 of many PRIVELAGES that Irish people have enjoyed that always were and continue to be UNSUSTAINABLE. These are long held views of mine and nothing to do with current developments. Anyone who knows me will back that up, including my grandparents and college friends.

I LIVE in Drogheda (home of the hospital mentioned) and the hospital HAD to refuse to take any more casualties because of 18 people on stretchers, lying about in cold corridors. This has become the norm' now at our hospital DAILY - which by the way is supposed to be a training hospital too (what are we training them for - war conditions?).

There are many prefabs here in my town that were supposed to be "temps" - that was 15+ years ago ...they are still still being used, cold, damp and falling to pieces. The students have to wear their coats all the time in the winter to keep warm!

Lucky for you that you have it handy wherever you live - but just because you do so, that don't mean the same conditions applies broadly elsewhere.
    There are more and more daily horror stories of run down conditions filling our papers across our nation, every day.
    Did our government do anything about the situations when the times were good? NO!
    ..and now they come to us all to pay up again to correct their yet again mistakes!

Its disgusting, we are sheep to be herded like cattle in ever moving circles and lied to.
    Well some of us have had enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Regulator79

Fact: Ireland's recession is a direct result of the collapse of an asset bubble in the property market that was created and maintained by the ruling party FF. The global credit crunch adds salt to the wounds but is not the root cause. Shocking mismanagement of the economy by successive FF govts have led us to where we are now.

Now carry on. And if anyone disagrees with this blatantly obvious fact then you are an idiot and will probably continue voting for the corrupt gombeen men FF.

Biggins wrote: »
    I LIVE in Drogheda (home of the hospital mentioned) and the hospital HAD to refuse to take any more casualties because of 18 people on stretchers, lying about in cold corridors. This has become the norm' now at our hospital DAILY - which by the way is supposed to be a training hospital too (what are we training them for - war conditions?).

There are many prefabs here in my town that were supposed to be "temps" - that was 15+ years ago ...they are still still being used, cold, damp and falling to pieces. The students have to wear their coats all the time in the winter to keep warm!

Lucky for you that you have it handy wherever you live - but just because you do so, that don't mean the same conditions applies broadly elsewhere.
    There are more and more daily horror stories of run down conditions filling our papers across our nation, every day.
    Did our government do anything about the situations when the times were good? NO!
    ..and now they come to us all to pay up again to correct their yet again mistakes!

Its disgusting, we are sheep to be herded like cattle in ever moving circles and lied to.

I can appreciate that logic, but because that applies where YOU live, doesn't mean it's the norm. There is no doubt more schools are needed, but for the population explosion resulting from immigration, it was impossible to predict the pressure that would be put on our infrastructure.

It's not like the government sits back and does nothing. It is building schools and working to improve conditions in hospitals. But having said that, many of our hospitals are inefficiently located and a figure of 20-25 hospitals would be more realistic than stretching the resources we have over the 43 we do have.

I can honesltly say that it would be a disgrace IMO if the prefabs in your town were the SAME ones put there in 1985, but a lot of the pre-fabs out there these days are probably a better use of resources than building new schools, especially specific purpose calssrooms that can be pre-wired adn put up in a matter of days.

Now carry on. And if anyone disagrees with this blatantly obvious fact then you are an idiot and will probably continue voting for the corrupt gombeen men FF.

Honestly there is no incentive for Fianna Fáilers like me to maintain an integrity in what we do with attitudes like that. If we're going to be accused regardless, why not do what we're being accused of.

People are idiots:rolleyes:

ninty9er: We could dispute who's more is the norn' but that argument could go on for ever.
    Its is a fact however that conditions are worsening moreso then they are getting better at present. This growing widening deficit has being going on for some time now and only recently our over paid TD's trying to stem and hold back the oncoming tidal flood of growing bad conditions - election time must be nearing!

• Advertisement

Honestly there is no incentive for Fianna Fáilers like me to maintain an integrity in what we do with attitudes like that. If we're going to be accused regardless, why not do what we're being accused of.

People are idiots:rolleyes:

According now to Fianna Fáilers, they also dumb sheep and treated as such too!
    Thanks but NO THANKS!
    See you at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ya gotta laugh at people who are just now giving out about fianna failure, Like its somehow news that they're dodgy chancers. Charlie Haughey, Albert Reynolds, Bertie Ahern..all had to booted out by their own when they clung onto to the reins after they were shown to be bent even by their own parties standards.

And Yee thought these chancers were acting in your best interests? More fool you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Biggins wrote: »

I'm confused, if i vote for FF again should i bleat or moo? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Fact: Ireland's recession is a direct result of the collapse of an asset bubble in the property market that was created and maintained by the ruling party FF. The global credit crunch adds salt to the wounds but is not the root cause. Shocking mismanagement of the economy by successive FF govts have led us to where we are now.

I'd say the INTERNATIONAL property bubble was created by historically low interest rates and now the property bubbles in USA, UK, ROI etc are bursting because of rising rates, spillover from the sub prime crisis and a general realisation that the emperor has no clothes. Regular Irish people "invested" in this bubble. They have to take some responsibility too and stop claiming they were in someway coerced by the state.

Personally I would have supported the introduction of a property tax years ago, rather than high stamp duty but this would have created an even greater excitement on the Joe Duffy Show.

Sometimes I think it would be more socially acceptable to say I was a paedophile than a potential FF voter. (I am not a paedophile)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I'm confused, if i vote for FF again should i bleat or moo? Or both?
    you should oink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

taidghbaby wrote: »
    you should oink

I was leaning towards clucking myself...

I think with Finna Fail still in charge ye should all just say your prayers!
    (that they don't continue to make things worse!)
    Now thats a sound the rest of us are making!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I voted for them in 1977 and I still have n`t forgiven myself . They stand for nothing and everything at the same time . Charlies big poster for 82 election .
    Health cuts hurt the old the sick and the handicapped .He wins the election and closes 3,000 hospital beds , and the health service has never recovered .
    What a shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

You wouldn't be far wrong. Not in the way you might think, though.

Very funny. :)

Look, I'm not saying Fianna Fail are perfect. It just bugs me when people churn out rabble like "education system is a disgrace, health system is a disgrace, our transport system's a disgrace, omg there's crime like EVERYWHERE" when we have such a high quality of life, a very high ranking education system and a relatively low crime rate. Health service - yes, it could be better. But I would not go as far as to call it "abysmal" and it is certainly not "3rd World".

Oh and just for the record I'm not a die-hard FF'er or anything, they did make some big mistakes but I just don't think they deserve all of the flak that's being thrown at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I just don't think they deserve all of the flak that's being thrown at them.

Your either delusional or you find gross incompetence and machiavellian behaviour an important traits for politics.

At least in england when you cock up your expected to do the decent thing and resign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

At least in england when you cock up your expected to do the decent thing and resign.
    Not in Ireland, if you cock up here you get premoted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not in Ireland, if you cock up here you get premoted

Then, presuambly, you get moted...?

*runs*

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Then, presuambly, you get moted...?
    Heh heh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

in some effort to show an attitude of entitlement to bricks and morter
    Entitlement to bricks and mortar. Lets just savour that comment for a moment.
    Congratulations. I'll be sure to put a gold star on your report.
    We'll start paying proper taxes when the fuckwits in charge show they know how to spend them properly.
    automatic exchequer funded third level fees are just 2 of many PRIVELAGES
    I find the ironing in your sig delicious:
    "Bringing a political voice to Ireland's youth since 1975"
    Tighten your belt elsewhere, I have no forelock to tug.
    Oh and just for the record I'm not a die-hard FF'er or anything, they did make some big mistakes but I just don't think they deserve all of the flak that's being thrown at them.
    Did you just fail to read what I wrote earlier about the public sector? You do realise thats runined us, all by itself, for decades to come? A strong message needs to be sent to these idiots, and if that means stretching a few necks, then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Regulator79

I'd say the INTERNATIONAL property bubble was created by historically low interest rates and now the property bubbles in USA, UK, ROI etc are bursting because of rising rates, spillover from the sub prime crisis and a general realisation that the emperor has no clothes. Regular Irish people "invested" in this bubble. They have to take some responsibility too and stop claiming they were in someway coerced by the state.

Personally I would have supported the introduction of a property tax years ago, rather than high stamp duty but this would have created an even greater excitement on the Joe Duffy Show.

Sometimes I think it would be more socially acceptable to say I was a paedophile than a potential FF voter. (I am not a paedophile)

The Irish economies exposure to the property bubble is exceptional by any standard. Govt was warned about this but did nothing. In fact, they built an entire taxation system conditional on stamp duty receipts. They made a major mistake and FF close relationship with builders etc makes one very suspicious.

BTW, I am not an FF or a FG voter. I vote Labour. I think more people in this country should too. Too often here people automatically think that FG are the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I dont fancy a 30km cycle from Maynooth to Dublin either.Fupping hippies ruining everything!!!!!!

Ever heard of the bus or the train:confused: It might save you some money with the price increases for motorists. I'm glad ff hit down on motorists who couldn't be arsed taking the bus, but i feel sorry for those who have no public transport available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Irish economies exposure to the property bubble is exceptional by any standard. Govt was warned about this but did nothing. In fact, they built an entire taxation system conditional on stamp duty receipts. They made a major mistake and FF close relationship with builders etc makes one very suspicious.

BTW, I am not an FF or a FG voter. I vote Labour. I think more people in this country should too. Too often here people automatically think that FG are the only option.

I have a lot of respect for Eamonn Gilmore and voted for him in at the last election, he stood firm on this whole issue since day one. I enjoyed seing him go for Lenahin juggler on the day after the budget. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Sure, didn't Brian Lenihan Sr. have to avail of Public healthcare when he needed to see the doc?

:rolleyes:

I'll say this much in favour of the Fianna Failure machine....
    ...at least its not Fine Gael.

TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber no doubt,students and the O.A.Ps out protesting on Wednesday and I can see chaos ahead with regards the deal between employers and employees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

Originally Posted by Hellrazer
    I dont fancy a 30km cycle from Maynooth to Dublin either.Fupping hippies ruining everything!!!!!!

try living in the same county as you work in. wrecks my head, people buying gaphs and just expecting good public transport to arrive at their door, or being horrifieed that the greens want to encourage cycling. if the greens were in power, for the last 15 years we might have avoided the god awful sprawl you and others call home.

i have always disliked and mistrusted FF, but it hit home to me when i read an article in i think the IBEC trade mag bout 3 years ago, it pointed out that FF was using ALL the money from stamp duty receipts to hire more public servants, thereby when the housing boom stopped, theyd have all these public servants who needed to be paid by other taxes. 3 years later, look whats happened. idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm glad ff hit down on motorists

You don't mind paying extra for your pint of milk etc....?

Advertisement