Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm not sorry. I have nothing to lose. . only to gain. . . come on the sale rails!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

For anyone who is interested on the impact of the new income levy take a look at the following;

http://www.rte.ie/money/budget2009/accountants/profiles.html

This makes it clear that it is the people with higher incomes who will be impacted by this levy..

It is not just Ireland that is in financial crisis it is the world and i don't think the current government can be blamed. Regardless of who we voted for in the last election whatever government is in power now would be blamed.

Of course the majority of our population were happy with FF before the downturn (otherwise we would not have voted them in the last election) but now that the going has gotten tough.... we turn on the government....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

coco85 wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested on the impact of the new income levy take a look at the following;

http://www.rte.ie/money/budget2009/accountants/profiles.html

This makes it clear that it is the people with higher incomes who will be impacted by this levy..

It is not just Ireland that is in financial crisis it is the world and i don't think the current government can be blamed. Regardless of who we voted for in the last election whatever government is in power now would be blamed.

Of course the majority of our population were happy with FF before the downturn (otherwise we would not have voted them in the last election) but now that the going has gotten tough.... we turn on the government

did you even read my post?? yes the world is in financial crisis, most dont have anywhere near the level of hole in revenue we do. they have made tough going nigh impossible to weather thanks to their actions of past 10-15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Of course the majority of our population were happy with FF before the downturn (otherwise we would not have voted them in the last election) but now that the going has gotten tough.... we turn on the government....

That is usually what happens when a country which has experienced unprecedented levels of income is left with no reserves or decent infrastructure because their government wasted all the money on developer dig-outs and helping hands.

I suppose we must really be that stupid. :(

Considering the average IQ displayed by the pro-FFers here, I'm surprised they made it to the polls at all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Joker wrote: »
    Considering the average IQ displayed by the pro-FFers here, I'm surprised they made it to the polls at all. :mad:

Is there an IQ test required to post here?? That was really uncalled for. Considering the drivel being propagated by the anti-FF element here, it would make you wonder if they are out for themselves or the nation as a whole. The former seems a lot more likely than the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

because their government wasted all the money on developer dig-outs and helping hands.

:

What are you raving about? Who should we be voting for, genius?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

ninty9er wrote: »
    Is there an IQ test required to post here?? That was really uncalled for. Considering the drivel being propagated by the anti-FF element here, it would make you wonder if they are out for themselves or the nation as a whole. The former seems a lot more likely than the latter.
    What are you raving about? Who should we be voting for, genius?
    Lads, if I wanted vapid and contentless comments I'd be reading the letters section of womans way. So far I haven't seen one single reasonable defence of the objectionable actions taken by FF in power, in fact some of the posts made were barely legible (ironic given that they were in favour of reintroducing third level education fees), just a load of talking heads with nothing to say.

So try harder.

Try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

I find it to be a bad state of affairs when supporters of FF,our government, when defending them and this budget,the best they can come up with is "well who else is there instead".This is no excuse for having a talentless government in place, one which continually make poor decision after poor decision.

This budget is a disgrace in my view.Certain points in particular annoy me:

The medical card fasco is well-documented so i don't need to go into detail but I think this was a shocking initiative to include!Im glad alot of FF supporters had the integrity to come out and say that this aspect of the budget is just out of order.

The other thing that annoys me is the 1% levy.This levy effects everyone even those who earn minimum wage.I have been on minimum wage myself and im sure alot on ehre have been at some stage or another.It is hard enough to survive on that amount of money already without further costs such as this levy.I think there should have been a minimum line before this levy effected families and the levy came into play.And why not an increased levy for the big boys as their salaries go up say 3% for over 130k 4% for 200k etc its not like this is even a major dent to these people compared to the dent it puts in someone barely making ends meet

It's true IMO that when times get tough it is the lower classes and middle classes that are targetted to clean up the mess of the oily suit wearers.

FF supporters, one should not base their support for a party with the rationale that "sure there is no-one else".What a pitiful argument.It just shows that the nature of a neo-classical economy is totally unsustainable, and that these gangster politicians exploit us and urge us to be 'patriotic' when they take pathetic paycuts that still leave them on salaries vastly greater than what most of their voters are on.most people get paid less a week than mary coughlan is shedding in her wee cut and the cut is not big by any means.How about the cabinet took a 60% paycut including this effect on their pensions and we will see how patriotic they are.

I will be voting independent as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

So who will everyone else be voting for?

I'm disappointed in the Budget....but I don't know who I'd want in Government. Enda Kenny is a boring idiot. The Greens should be embarrassed with what they did in this Budget. PDs are gone.

So that leaves....Labour, Sinn Fein and Independants? Anyone else?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I don't think people get it when it comes to voting. Ok, so the alternative 'might' not be any better, but if we keep voting in the same party again and again, they will think they can do anything and get away with it. They get complacent. If they thought that what they did might actually affect how people vote, they might actually get up off their fat arses and actually do some work for a change. There are too many people in this country who vote for a party just because their family always have.

We need a government who won't bow down to corporate pressure. A government who cares more about the people who put them there, rather than what Johnny Big bucks think of him. This banking crisis may actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run. Banks and big business have had way too much pull, not only in Ireland but all over the world. All we need now is for the oil companies to get a kick up the ass. Of course that won't happen until there is a viable, cheap and unending alternative supply of energy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Mark200 wrote: »
    Enda Kenny is a boring idiot

he may well be boring but i'd like a leader who can lead a country, not one that i get to read about every day in the papers due to his very non-boring dodgy finances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    he may well be boring but i'd like a leader who can lead a country, not one that i get to read about every day in the papers due to his very non-boring dodgy finances

Oh that clown's gone from the radar. We now have the bullyboy. One of those guys who backs down when he gets the whiff of a hiding.

When you consider the leaders from the last few years they are a disaster. They led the lemmings over the cliff and now expect that the OAPs dig deep. Great leadership.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I voted FF before, I'm not sorry and I will be voting them in again.

Anything to keep Enda Kenny out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow. Just wow.
    If that post was a piss take, it wasn't particularly funny.
    If you were being serious......all I can say is EPIC FAIL.

I'm sorry, obviously I misjudged my audience - but boards.ie has got a lot of subscribers, I can't claim to know you all personally.

So there I am telling it as I see it but you just don't get it, you can't understand the facts and you can't see the carnage. So I said to myself "Raiser, what would Jesus do?" and then I had a eureka moment - I remembered how JC himself used to explain things to the simple townsfolk of his times.......

Fianna Fail - A Parable:

A man walked into his favourite restaurant and greeted the arrogant, indifferent Manager politely while asking for a table for two. The Manager sneered at him and said you're a stupid looking twat and your wife is offensive to the eye - you can eat off the floor and I'm going to charge you 50% extra.

This confused the man as he had previously been contacted by the Restaurants management simply begging him to visit while making multiple promises, assurances and guarantees about the wonderful food, service and low prices on offer???? ???? ????

The man and his wife sat on the floor and sure enough, after a long and inexplicable wait, a smirking waiter appeared and dumped their shoddy, partially cooked food in two mounds before them. The man quietly ate his food but was troubled by an uneasy sense that he was somehow being disrespected and made a mockery off.

Then his face brightened and the worry faded into a giddy smile - Of course he said to himself, there's nothing wrong, all my friends and family have eaten here for years now - this must just be normal, acceptable behaviour. Relieved, he finished his meal after which he settled the large bill while leaving a generous tip.

- Outside on the street a man stopped him and asked in sheer disbelief at what he had seen "Excuse me sir - why do you let them treat you like that and keep going back for more". The man shrugged and said myself and everyone I know have eaten there for generations - its not like its going to be better anywhere else is it?

P.S.
    Thanks for the ironic signature validation Notorious !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Raiser wrote: »
    I'm sorry, obviously I misjudged my audience - but boards.ie has got a lot of subscribers, I can't claim to know you all personally.

So there I am telling it as I see it but you just don't get it, you can't understand the facts and you can't see the carnage. So I said to myself "Raiser, what would Jesus do?" and then I had a eureka moment - I remembered how JC himself used to explain things to the simple townsfolk of his times.......

Fianna Fail - A Parable:

A man walked into his favourite restaurant and greeted the arrogant, indifferent Manager politely while asking for a table for two. The Manager sneered at him and said you're a stupid looking twat and your wife is offensive to the eye - you can eat off the floor and I'm going to charge you 50% extra.

This confused the man as he had previously been contacted by the Restaurants management simply begging him to visit while making multiple promises, assurances and guarantees about the wonderful food, service and low prices on offer???? ???? ????

The man and his wife sat on the floor and sure enough, after a long and inexplicable wait, a smirking waiter appeared and dumped their shoddy, partially cooked food in two mounds before them. The man quietly ate his food but was troubled by an uneasy sense that he was somehow being disrespected and made a mockery off.

Then his face brightened and the worry faded into a giddy smile - Of course he said to himself, there's nothing wrong, all my friends and family have eaten here for years now - this must just be normal, acceptable behaviour. Relieved, he finished his meal after which he settled the large bill while leaving a generous tip.

- Outside on the street a man stopped him and asked in sheer disbelief at what he had seen "Excuse me sir - why do you let them treat you like that and keep going back for more". The man shrugged and said myself and everyone I know have eaten there for generations - its not like its going to be better anywhere else is it?

P.S.

Blimey!! Who is arrogant now? You compare yourself to Jesus before preaching to us like we are simpletons. Let go of the God complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

So there I am telling it as I see it but you just don't get it, you can't understand the facts and you can't see the carnage.
    What facts? You said that Ireland had:
    "1. Third World Schools + 2. Archaic Transport + 3. Abysmal Healthcare + 4. Rampant Crime "
    That's not fact, that's bull****.
    You might have a point about Healthcare, but "abysmal" is going too far.
    Raiser wrote:
    So I said to myself "Raiser, what would Jesus do?"
    He'd know what he was talking about for a start.
    Fianna Fail - A Parable:

Very nice. I'm sure The Phoenix will be very eager to hire you to write a column for them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

No-one is blaming the government for world economic instability that is outside their control, what we're blaming them for is their incompetence at handling finances here in Ireland, and the amount of money they've wasted and squandered e.g e-voting, ppars, decentralisation, the bertie bowl, huge budget overruns on public projects, the pointless waste of millions on tribunals, wasting millions on endless consultant reports, the creation of a raft of unaccountable quangos costing tens of millions to little avail etc etc etc Staggering incompetence that would only be tolerated in the public sector.
    Sam Vimes wrote: »

Kenny wouldn't lead a pissup in a brewery. As sh1te as FF have been in government there is no viable alternative. Let Kenny and that crowd into power and you'll be crying for Cowen and the boys to come back. We are faced with different shades of grey at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Fianna Fail - A Parable:

P.S.

Why should we listen to you?
    You're modeling yourself on a feckless layabout that lived with his mammy 'till he was thirty, was constantly in trouble with the law and never did an honest days work in his life.
    Get out of here, ya hippy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why should we listen to you?
    You're modeling yourself on a hippt that lived with his mammy 'till he was thirty, was constantly in trouble with the law and never did an honest days work in his life.
    Get out of here, ya hippy!

I know.... imagine stadning up for what you believe in. Shocking.

We should just bend over and be raped and have a smie on our faces while we do it. Hell, we should had over the reigns to the British Empire again - let them do all this difficult thinking for us.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Hell, we should had over the reigns to the British Empire again - let them do all this difficult thinking for us.

I've been saying this for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

I didnt vote FF - i havent trusted them for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 localnutjob

its time for them to go - no one can be paid 250 - 300 k a year and be this incompetent
    what kind of morons are they - to be paid a goddamn fortune , and pay a fortune to "advisors"
    and STILL balls it up - they are not fit to govern - they are an embarrasement to us and to themselves
    a dead hedgehog on the road could have seen this coming , yet our government are even dimmer than that.
    I dont have any particular favourites - but this government is dangerously incompetent , and need to go NOW .
    If the well paid incumbents can be this bad - then even Kenny cant be any worse.

they need to go - end of.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Kenny wouldn't lead a pissup in a brewery. As sh1te as FF have been in government there is no viable alternative. Let Kenny and that crowd into power and you'll be crying for Cowen and the boys to come back. We are faced with different shades of grey at this stage.

Back it up or STFU.

If you still haven't gotten the message, I'll repeat what has been said over and over again. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT FINE GAEL OR LABOUR ARE CAPABLE OF UNTIL YOU GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.

:( This is so frustrating....

FIANNA FAIL HAVE SWINDLED YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THEY HAVE SPENT ALL YOUR MONEY AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. YOU HAVE A THIRD WORLD HEALTH SERVICE AND SH*T ROADS THAT EVEN THAILAND WOULD LAUGH AT. YOU NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING.

How about someone who has the authority to change these things?

THE GOVERNMENT?

Well done. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Back it up or STFU.

If you still haven't gotten the message, I'll repeat what has been said over and over again. YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT FINE GAEL OR LABOUR ARE CAPABLE OF UNTIL YOU GIVE THEM THE CHANCE.

Why should FG be given a chance if people aren't absolutely convinced they are a better alternative? Voting for change just for the sake of change is no better than voting the same way because it's tradition.
    My instinct tells me FG would be a disaster if in power. But I should still vote for them just because they're not FF?
    As for Labour, I have nothing against Labour and will certainly consider voting Labour in the next election.

As for Labour, I have nothing against Labour and will certainly consider voting Labour in the next election.

Please do! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

I must say... this thread has been very entertaining to read! ;)

Personally, while I was utterly annoyed that FF got in last time, I can forgive the voters for being deluded into thinking the economy was being well-managed.

What annoys me is the people who are claiming they'll STILL vote for FF even when their incompetence is clear for all to see.

And of course we have the hypocrite-brigade that complain about everything FF does constantly, but will vote for them anyway. :rolleyes:

As for the greens, I hope they blow up in cloud of (carbon-free) smoke...

FG and Labour don't look like anything that special, but surely they are a reasonable alternative to this mess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

BluntGuy wrote: »
    What annoys me is the people who are claiming they'll STILL vote for FF even when their incompetence is clear for all to see.
    You mean all the the property developers and bank managers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

You mean all the the property developers and bank managers. :D

And FF's loyal group of fanatics who haven't realised there's more than one party to choose from... :D

BIG SHOUT TO ALL OF YOU:

FIANNA FAIL ISN'T THE ONLY POLITICAL PARTY IN IRELAND!!! AND IT CERTAINLY ISN'T THE "REPUBLICAN PARTY"!!!

Sorry...

Just thought I'd make that clear. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Of course the majority of our population were happy with FF before the downturn (otherwise we would not have voted them in the last election)

FF only got about 40% of the vote in the last election, hardly a majority !

• Advertisement

BluntGuy wrote: »
    And FF's loyal group of fanatics who haven't realised there's more than one party to choose from... :D

BIG SHOUT TO ALL OF YOU:

FIANNA FAIL ISN'T THE ONLY POLITICAL PARTY IN IRELAND!!! AND IT CERTAINLY ISN'T THE "REPUBLICAN PARTY"!!!

Sorry...

Just thought I'd make that clear. ;)

I don't think your username is an accurate :P

Advertisement