Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Why? Because people are idiots. Simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Terry wrote: »
    Why? Because people are idiots. Simple as that.

True. :D

They just don't know it yet!

Btw... 'the oul wan' WILL STILL VOTE FF...

I bet you anything they're part of the 'hypocrite brigade' that complains constantly about the government, but votes them back in anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

In the running of a business, the highest position I would award someone like him is middle management, as a buffer to keep all the other Dunnes stores suit wearing, meeting obsessed, flow chart drones away from the people who would and could actually run the company.

What the hell would Ahern be, the stocktaker?

Yep..Plus ca change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

BluntGuy wrote: »
    True. :D

They just don't know it yet!

I bet you anything they're part of the 'hypocrite brigade' that complains constantly about the government, but votes them back in anyway...

Very true. They are likely to be the ones who most need the medical card(we know that now) and then put up with the sh1tty health service getting MRSA etc.
    You get what you deserve is certainly correct in the pensioner age group.

On a positive note, lets hope this momentum by the pensioners will turn into a proper campaign to fix the health service, maybe i'm dreaming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So did any FF voter apologise...? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bertie Ahern is reported to have fractured his leg tonight, sincerely doubt he had a 7hr wait in the Mater, so he has nothing to apologise for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Headline from the front of day's Irish Indo "THE GREAT RETREAT"

I beg to differ! They are mearly advancing in reverse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Like it or not, the COUNTRY voted them in, to make the decessions....
    bitch and moan all you like, whine about how unfair this is, tell us all about how the politicians are on gravy boat rides out for themselves....
    WE as a whole put them in there, WE voted as a majority to have them in power, now we have to pay for our mistakes, tough Sh*T.....

When it comes to the next election, how many people from this thread who are giving out are going to stand up and be counted, and I don't mean just going to vote, I mean get campaigning and getting votes for people they want in power....

mind you maybe a lot of these posters should run for election, they seem to know how to run the country better than anybody else....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fianna Fail must be p***ing themselves laughing, everyones focussing on the poor ould age pensioners and ignoring all the other stuff they snuck in. its like they were caught smuggling drugs and were just cautioned for tax and insurance and then sent on their way. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHaCzb3yYk

Here's one man who is really (not) sorry.

• Advertisement

WE voted as a majority to have them in power,

41% is not a majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Bambi wrote: »
    Fianna Fail must be p***ing themselves laughing, everyones focussing on the poor ould age pensioners and ignoring all the other stuff they snuck in. its like they were caught smuggling drugs and were just cautioned for tax and insurance and then sent on their way. :rolleyes:

Its called being fleeced by decoy.

Fianna Fail must be p***ing themselves laughing, everyones focussing on the poor ould age pensioners and ignoring all the other stuff they snuck in. its like they were caught smuggling drugs and were just cautioned for tax and insurance and then sent on their way.
    Its called being fleeced by decoy.

Well, the good news is that some proactive Irish citizens are putting together a legal challenge to the Builder Bailout on the grounds that it is in breach of EU State Funding regulations.

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14785

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14814

Looks like FF's budget plans to help their mates is going to be eviscerated........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

41% is not a majority.

It is here, what counrty are you talking about?

41% to 27% to 10% sure looks like a majority yo me. :rolleyes:

A Majority is over 50% of the vote for one party which would mean FF would waltz into power themselves without a need for a coalition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

A Majority is over 50% of the vote for one party which would mean FF would waltz into power themselves without a need for a coalition.

That's an over-all majority, a majority is achieved through combining a party's votes with another to achieve a greater voting share than another.
    Do you think we should just go on with general election after general election until we have a party with over 50%?
    We'd be in permanent limbo waiting for that day.

Personally I believe we shouldn't have coalition governments, too many cooks (and the greens would never get power :))

The single party with the most votes rules - simple but unworkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

jaycen wrote: »
    It is here, what counrty are you talking about?

41% to 27% to 10% sure looks like a majority yo me. :rolleyes:

Yep those figures look like a majority to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

jaycen wrote:
    Personally I believe we shouldn't have coalition governments, too many cooks (and the greens would never get power :))

:confused:
    jaycen wrote: »
    Do you think we should just go on with general election after general election until we have a party with over 50%?
    We'd be in permanent limbo waiting for that day.

Maybe people would like a two horse race like in the USA?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

javaboy wrote: »
    :confused:

Maybe people would like a two horse race like in the USA?
    I'd like an actual race. Cowen and Kenny in a steeple chase, or some sort of death sport or something. In that way only those who really wanted it would get into government, and while they feck up the country, we can watch the re-runs on tv. Everyone's happy.

humanji wrote: »
    I'd like an actual race. Cowen and Kenny in a steeple chase, or some sort of death sport or something. In that way only those who really wanted it would get into government, and while they feck up the country, we can watch the re-runs on tv. Everyone's happy.

Something like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

humanji wrote: »

Bare-knuckle boxing in a pit filled with 1000 litres of Angel Delight - why add dignity and decorum at this point???

Raiser wrote: »
    Bare-knuckle boxing in a pit filled with 1000 litres of Angel Delight - why add dignity and decorum at this point???

No I preferred the steeplechase idea. Too much chance of Biffo winning a boxing match. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I hope the old dears enjoyed using their free travel passes to go on their day out to Kildare Street this morning.
    They should have sent the water cannon and the dogs out to clear up the illegal gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

BluntGuy wrote: »
    An absolutely rubbish reason to keep the same low-grade bunch of mediocre tossers in government.

Honestly... asking some voters to even consider the other options is like asking a mule to wash your car using a pack of staples. It just isn't going happen...

How can you knock the alternative government till you've tried it? It's like saying, 'ah sure... I'll always shop in Tesco... I won't EVER check out Dunnes because they "might" be more expensive'...

Sorry I don't have the same political stance as you..

Though I would put money on it that FG would get more votes if Enda wasn't the big cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Notorious wrote: »
    Sorry I don't have the same political stance as you..

Though I would put money on it that FG would get more votes if Enda wasn't the big cheese.

I wasn't so much your political stance, but more for the fact that you'd keep the others in just to keep Enda out of government. He's not amazing, but honestly, the country isn't going to collapse if he gets into government.

I agree though that Bruton certainly would pack a bigger punch then Kenny...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Did anyone notice the very high proportion of the elderly on the radio and TV about the medical cards issue, that said "I've been a Fianna Fail voter my whole life, but never again" or words to that effect ?

Maybe they literally got the government that they deserved.

I remember seeing some opinion poll at the time of the last general election that broke down party support by age group and Fianna Fail were most popular among the over 55s. So maybe we've had the elderly voters to thank for ten years of Fianna Fail and what goes around comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

heyjude wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the very high proportion of the elderly on the radio and TV about the medical cards issue, that said "I've been a Fianna Fail voter my whole life, but never again" or words to that effect ?

I remember seeing some opinion poll at the time of the last general election that broke down party support by age group and Fianna Fail were most popular among the over 55s. So maybe we've had the elderly voters to thank for ten years of Fianna Fail and what goes around comes around.
    It's called "biting the hand that feeds it".

heyjude wrote: »

Some of the wisest words I've heard on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

All this sh1te about "yeah well, i doubt any other party could do better". Give them a fckin chance! If one government isn't working, you don't vote them in again and hope they'll do better you vote for somebody else. If they don't do a better job, then vote for somebody else next election. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well just to make matters worse...
    What has Fianna Fail just quietly done last night? Read below to find out! :mad::mad::mad:

The country is in turmoil. From the youths to the elderly, all are in uproar, the markets are crashing, job losses are growing, shops and businesses are struggling to survive, hospitals are way beyond critical condition, schools are under financed and over crammed.

What did Fianna Fail decide to do last night in the Dail? They have voted to take more time off!
    Yes, thats right. They are talking more time of to go and relax.
    Isn't that nice for them!

Be it one day or one week, more and more daily we learn that Finanna Fail are takling the piss out of us, Mr & Mrs Joe Public.

News source: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1023/breaking37.htm

IT IS ABSOLUTELY FRAKING DISGUSTING!!!
    Its shows the absolute contempt these scumbags (and the Green party who's votes where also needed) have for the rest of us.

Roll on the next elections!

Advertisement