Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF Voters - Please apologise here.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I don't understand. In terms of what exactly? It was take me hours to outline everything.

I'm asking you to back up your "point".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I have yet to vote in a general election (just turned 18 a few weeks before the Lisbon Treaty).

I'm not a huge fan of Fianna Fáil but I'd choose them and Brian Cowen to run the country over Enda Kenny any day. I've nothing against Fine Gael and would probably vote for them if Enda Kenny wasn't the leader, but I really dislike that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

In the run up to the election last year there were wise men [in hindsight Gobshítes] saying that a vote for the Green Party meant that you were going to channel votes away from Fianna Fails local reprobate and hence ensure FF didn't get back in.

But oh my God the living nightmare; we ended up with FF and the fcuking teabag recycling, Llama duffel-coat wearing, BP, Texaco and Exxon Share-buying, 6 watt lightbulb up their eco-arsés Green Party.

Perched on the outer north-western edge of Europe with a minuscule population of 4.4 Million people versus London's 13+ Million. A handful of cars, 16 factories that are all set to shut down and one of the lowest population densities on the Planet.......Then how in the name of fcuk did we manage to curse, plague and scourge ourselves with a collective of low-brow, eco-pontificating, cress-harvesting, fools championing a cause that belongs in the smog of LA, Hong Kong or perhaps Moscow [?]

These are people who have never had a real job, hobby or reason to be beyond attending meetings populated by other idiots who have also constructed their own clothes and shoes from the fruits of the woodland floor. Put these people in a room together and you are assembling fools - the astute, hard-working, mortgage-paying man is not present here, why? Because he is too hard-working, has a mortgage to pay and is not that fcuking stupid.

The worst thing is that now they are there they cannot be seen to be doing nothing - this unfortunately means that they will do stuff. Bad stuff. Mad stuff. Really irritating stuff. They will try and save the Planet from your 1.6 litre Ford by making you pay huge taxes on every drop of petrol you put into it, tax the tarmac it sits on while you're at work and then give all the money to the fcuking HSE for one of their 10,012 Middle Managers to go out and bulldoze a bog in Connemara to build a holiday home on :eek:

P.S. Yes I voted Green and yes I am very, very sorry - I will never, ever do it again
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I am a little nervous at the latest run of shenanigans, including finger pointing at Mary Harney and resignations by FF backbenchers, the dirty scumbags are trying to destabilise their own coalition and make another party bear the brunt of the next few years in government.

I'm not certain, but I'm suspicious of the evil twats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

snyper wrote: »
    Lol.
    Blame ff for world recession.

this country is full of gobshytes

I am posting this to remind me to give you thanks later when i am not on my mobile..

That post made my day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

I voted for Fine Gael 1 & 2 and 3 to Labour.

Repeat after me, I will never vote Fianna Fail ever again and promise solemnly to vote for an Alternative of either FG, Lab & maybe the PD's <(if they exist). We need an alternative but it is good to leave FF bathe in this sh1te, imagine if it was a FG/Lab/Green government with Richard Bruton delivering the budget on Wednesday, their respective parties would be annihilated and blamed for throwing it all away.

Fianna Failure

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Raiser wrote: »
    Then how in the name of fcuk did we manage to curse, plague and scourge ourselves with a collective of low-brow, eco-pontificating, cress-harvesting, fools championing a cause that belongs in the smog of LA, Hong Kong or perhaps Moscow [?]

This could have something to do with it:
    I voted Green

The mind boggles.

Why in the name of God would you give a party a vote if you don't want them in government? The idea of voting a low preference for a small party to try and inflict maximal damage on some other party via transfers only makes sense if you don't actually mind the possibility of the small party getting in.

After seeing the impact the Green Party has had on this budget (the obvious one being an extra 8c a litre on petrol) I definitely won't vote for them in the next election.

This is supposed to encourage using public transport, but for those of us who live a bit of a distance from the nearest train station, they now charge for parking in the station! A bit hypocritical if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

javaboy wrote: »
    The mind boggles.

Why in the name of God would you give a party a vote if you don't want them in government? The idea of voting a low preference for a small party to try and inflict maximal damage on some other party via transfers only makes sense if you don't actually mind the possibility of the small party getting in.

The colour of the Govt the Greens joined was not what a lot of people voted for. It did look like a FG, Labour Green Govt was a runner. The Dynamics of that would have been far different to the diktat-based Govt we ended up with. The behaviour of the Greens since they discovered political power has been appalling by any standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Mark200 wrote: »
    After seeing the impact the Green Party has had on this budget (the obvious one being an extra 8c a litre on petrol) I definitely won't vote for them in the next election.

This is supposed to encourage using public transport, but for those of us who live a bit of a distance from the nearest train station, they now charge for parking in the station! A bit hypocritical if you ask me

Not the first tax increase on petrol since Fianna Fail came to power ten years ago, just the latest of many. But of course, the Greens are responsible for this one :rolleyes::rolleyes: A bit selective to blame the Greens though, when virtually every Minister for Finance in the last 30 years has increased tax on petrol.

I do agree with you about charging for station parking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Mark200 wrote: »

The Green Party will be the new PDs. The next election should see voters flush them out into the sewers of obscurity.

heyjude wrote: »
    Not the first tax increase on petrol since Fianna Fail came to power ten years ago, just the latest of many. But of course, the Greens are responsible for this one :rolleyes::rolleyes: A bit selective to blame the Greens though, when virtually every Minister for Finance in the last 30 years has increased tax on petrol.

To be fair, 8 cent a litre is a huge increase and something I don't believe (though I admit I'm not 100% sure on) is in line with the previous rate of increase on petrol tax. There's currently 52c of tax on every litre of petrol. And every litre of petrol costs about just over €1.20 I believe. Quite a lot of tax by any measure, increasing it by so much just isn't the way to go....especially with the economy the way it is.

And €200 a year charge for employees who received parking spaces from their employers? Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

is_that_so wrote: »
    The colour of the Govt the Greens joined was not what a lot of people voted for. It did look like a FG, Labour Green Govt was a runner. The Dynamics of that would have been far different to the diktat-based Govt we ended up with. The behaviour of the Greens since they discovered political power has been appalling by any standards.

You're right of course but the poster I was replying to was complaining about the Greens implementing green policies. What the hell did people who voted for Green candidates expect them to do?

Do people actually think they wouldn't have tried to get incandescent bulbs banned, tax parking spaces, hike petrol prices et cetera et cetera if they were in government with Labour/FG? What part of Green did they not understand when they were giving votes to the Greens? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Yes I voted Green and yes I am very, very sorry - I will never, ever do it again :(

Same here. I voted for them too. NEVER again will I do so.
    Its not just over the medical card issue. I live a few miles down from Tara too.
    The fact that they buried and tried to hush up geological reports is criminal in itself.
    They have sold out on many issues to retain their seats (and high wages/perks!).
    They have sold out and talking to others, I have found many feel the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Biggins wrote: »
    Same here. I voted for them too. NEVER again will I do so.
    Its not just over the medical card issue. I live a few miles down from Tara too.
    The fact that they buried and tried to hush up geological reports is criminal in itself.
    They have sold out on many issues to retain their seats (and high wages/perks!).
    They have sold out and talking to others, I have found many feel the same way.

I think this might be a common thought amongst green voters now. I wouldn't mind the fact that a politicion sells out from time to time, at the end of the day your probably not gonna get voted in unless you promise the earth (cos the other guy who did will get voted in). But the greens always gave off the vibe (and i mostly take this from the fact trevor sargent resigned) they had integrity or what ever, I mean you wouldnt even mind there line of thinking (if were in power we can do some good, however little) but for the fact they would told ya 2-3 years ago that they would never do such a thing.

I`m not even a green voter myself, but Im not a person to vote for a party either, when I vote for a TD i try and see if hes actualy done something good or not, if i thought a fella was outstanding i would let the fact that he was ff/fg/labour/green stop me (certain other partys would stop me for sure though :pac:)

Me wrote:
    Then how in the name of fcuk did we manage to curse, plague and scourge ourselves with a collective of low-brow, eco-pontificating, cress-harvesting, fools championing a cause that belongs in the smog of LA, Hong Kong or perhaps Moscow [?]
    javaboy wrote: »
    This could have something to do with it:
    Me wrote:
    I voted Green
    javaboy wrote:
    The mind boggles.

Just to set the record straight Javabean - that first one was a rhetorical question, in this case the type often asked by people when they know they've really fcuked up and accompanied by sobbing, banging ones head off the wall and gnashing of teeth while asleep.

- At the time [in my infinite stupidity] I thought that if the whiney, moronic, petulant, simpering, whimpering, elderberry tea sipping, "I am just so mad about Daddy's 4X4" Green Party were a comical little sideshow - what harm could they do ? ?? ???

Anyway apologies again [if thats not enough for you then fcuk off please take a moment to plant a renewable shrub while meditating with indigo crystals placed about the place to ward off real life. Its berries will sustain you and your family while at the same time it will create oxygen bubbles for our children to breathe.......(w@ankers)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I voted for both FF and the greens, when you let your guard down for that split second.

And i'd do it again.

*sips tea*

Goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

I voted for both FF and the greens, when you let your guard down for that split second.

And i'd do it again.

*sips tea*

Goodbye.

BL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

snyper wrote: »
    Lol.
    Blame ff for world recession.

this country is full of gobshytes

This.

I don't know how anbody could think FG would have done any better as we are in a recession which was caused by the global stock markets going into meltdown because of the banking crisis in the US (Although some here would have you believe that the only reason we are in a recession is solely because of FF :rolleyes: )

(albeit it was a truly idiotic decison about the Medical Cards).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A economic downturn might not have been avoided due to the state of America and its business procedures but...
    Irelands latest downturn started before America's.
    Fianna Fail made a hash of things while the going was good. Had they done their job even half right, there would have been some form of cushion protection against the now new onslaught of the effects of America and what it subsequently brought.
    Measures mightn't have to been as harsh and reactionary.

I don't blame Fianna Fail for creating the current crises from America.
    I blame them for completely screwing up things even before America's latest decline.
    ...and they should stop using it also as the reason why things are bad from the start.
    They fraked up completely BEFORE - not after!

• Advertisement

This.

I don't know how anbody could think FG would have done any better as we are in a recession which was caused by the global stock markets going into meltdown because of the banking crisis in the US (Although some here would have you believe that the only reason we are in a recession is solely because of FF :rolleyes: )

I completely agree. It's not Fianna Fail's fault we're in a recession. It's not Labour's fault that the UK is in recession. However I have to say I am extremely disappointed with a few decisions they have made that they know is one of the most important budgets in years. And yet they thought it was acceptable to make them.

I'm more pissed off with the Green Party than anything but Fianna Fail screwed up with the medical cards.

This.

Don't oversimplify this to your own short-sighted ends.

This isn't about the Dow, NASDAQ or the price of crude.

This isn't about sub-prime shenanigans in the US or investor confidence in Tokyo.

This is about issues happening outside your front door.

1. Third World Schools + 2. Archaic Transport + 3. Abysmal Healthcare + 4. Rampant Crime

Its also about the fact that after decades of economic prosperity and FF swaggering around congratulating each other we don't seem to have a pot to píss in.

A 6 year old on a school trip would have budgeted better than this, they might have been tempted to spend it all in the first hour or two, but would have stopped themselves, 'cause that would just be stupid. Why in the name of fcuk can we not afford anything in this Country???? [?]

35 kids in a windy prefab, breathing asbestos, dodging the falling ceiling and fending off the rats [if the rats could stick it] - other Countries use prefabs on building sites for a month or two to store tools FFS.

2. No transport infrastructure, roads between major cities that practically have the grass strip in the centre, any decent road was paid for by the tax-payer plus some nouveaux riche yob businessman - so that they can toll us for the next 99 years to the value of 100 times the cost of the road in the first place.

3. Get up every morning. Pay your tax. Do this until your retire. Have your medical card snatched in a cynical, greedy, idiot-style mugging. Get sick. Go to your local Hospital. Discover its been closed in favour of a centre of excellence 90K away. You only make it to the corridor anyhow. Lie on your trolley. Get MRSA. Get sicker. Stay on your trolley. Watch any funds not already paid directly to the HSE idiot club evaporate. Lie or your trolley. Repeat.

4. Shootings in the streets, estates, sitting rooms, break-ins, muggings, an air of the wild-wild west pervades. We have 93 Gardaí and they're all out pointing speed detectors at the people who pay their wages while some cnut is in your house robbing your TV and making himself a sandwich from your fridge.

The only pro Fianna Fail arguments put forward here have been desperate, cringe inducing and sheer bollócks - try this on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Don't oversimplify this to your own short-sighted ends.

This isn't about the Dow, NASDAQ or the price of crude.

This isn't about sub-prime shenanigans in the US or investor confidence in Tokyo.

This is about issues happening outside your front door.

Third World Schools + Archaic Transport + Abysmal Healthcare + Rampant Crime

Its also about the fact that after decades of economic prosperity and FF swaggering around congratulating each other we don't seem to have a pot to píss in.

A 6 year old on a school trip would have budgeted better than this, they might have been tempted to spend it all in the first hour or two, but would have stopped themselves, 'cause that would just be stupid. Why in the name of fcuk can we not afford anything in this Country?

35 kids in a windy prefab, breathing asbestos, dodging the falling ceiling and fending off the rats [if the rats could stick it] - other Countries use prefabs on building sites for a month or two to store tools FFS.

No transport infrastructure, roads between major cities that practically have the grass strip in the centre, any decent road was paid for by the tax-payer plus some nouveaux riche yob businessman - so that they can toll us for the next 99 years to the value of 100 times the cost of the road in the first place.

Get up every morning. Pay your tax. Do this until your retire. Have your medical card snatched in a cynical, greedy, idiot-style mugging. Get sick. Go to your local Hospital. Discover its been closed in favour of a centre of excellence 90K away. You only make it to the corridor anyhow. Lie on your trolley. Get MRSA. Get sicker. Stay on your trolley. Watch any funds not already paid directly to the HSE idiot club evaporate. Lie or your trolley. Repeat.

Shootings in the streets, estates, sitting rooms, break-ins, muggings, an air of the wild-wild west pervades. We have 93 Gardaí and they're all out pointing speed detectors at the people who pay their wages while some cnut is in your house robbing your TV and making himself a sandwich from your fridge.

The only arguments put forward here have been desperate, cringe inducing and sheer bollócks - try this on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

the irony is lost on you, isn't it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Third World Schools + Archaic Transport + Abysmal Healthcare + Rampant Crime
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

In addition to the good points Raiser has made, I'll give you a couple more sour lemons to suck on:

The rampant growth of the public sector in both numbers and premiums: After promising to reduce public sector numbers in 2002 by 5000, these idiots went ahead and increased the numbers by 35,000, and gave them pay rises at three times the rate of the private sector.

Where did all the money go from the boom? Straight into the endless, swollen gullets of the public sector unions. Did we see any improvement in services? No? So all that cash was pissed away while these flutes were sucking down the guinness in the tent at the Galway races?

And lest anyone forget, the leader of these clowns tried to hide a thirty grand pay rise by threatening to knock half the drivers off the road, in what he no doubt felt was a cunning bit of politicking. Sure the peasants will never spot it what? No doubt this is the height of machiavellian scheming in whatever hole he crawled out of, but you need to get up a bit earlier in the morning to pull off a stunt like that. I've no doubt this brouhaha over the medical cards is more of the same.

Theres a name for the actions of these men, and that name is treason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

1. Third World Schools + 2. Archaic Transport + 3. Abysmal Healthcare + 4. Rampant Crime

A 6 year old on a school trip would have budgeted better than this, they might have been tempted to spend it all in the first hour or two, but would have stopped themselves, 'cause that would just be stupid. Why in the name of fcuk can we not afford anything in this Country???? [?]

2. No transport infrastructure, roads between major cities that practically have the grass strip in the centre, any decent road was paid for by the tax-payer plus some nouveaux riche yob businessman - so that they can toll us for the next 99 years to the value of 100 times the cost of the road in the first place.

3. Get up every morning. Pay your tax. Do this until your retire. Have your medical card snatched in a cynical, greedy, idiot-style mugging. Get sick. Go to your local Hospital. Discover its been closed in favour of a centre of excellence 90K away. You only make it to the corridor anyhow. Lie on your trolley. Get MRSA. Get sicker. Stay on your trolley. Watch any funds not already paid directly to the HSE idiot club evaporate. Lie or your trolley. Repeat.

4. Shootings in the streets, estates, sitting rooms, break-ins, muggings, an air of the wild-wild west pervades. We have 93 Gardaí and they're all out pointing speed detectors at the people who pay their wages while some cnut is in your house robbing your TV and making himself a sandwich from your fridge.

The only pro Fianna Fail arguments put forward here have been desperate, cringe inducing and sheer bollócks - try this on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Wow. Just wow.
    If that post was a piss take, it wasn't particularly funny.
    If you were being serious......all I can say is EPIC FAIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

If you were being serious......all I can say is EPIC FAIL.
    Well thought out, considered and reasoned comment there, backed up by logical arguments and factual evidence. Its that sort of thinking that put us where we are today, tbh. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Voted Green, Sorry. Wont do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

jmccrohan wrote: »
    lol

I'm glad someone sees the funny side of it :rolleyes:

No-one has said that FF are to blame for the worldwide financial catastrophe ...what they are to blame for is not having some foresight in realising that our particularly unique global position was NOT safe and insulated from any possible downturn...these pricks thought the gravy train was going to keep on rolling so they spent incoming revenue at the time imprudently.
    They were quick enough to take credit for the upturn in our economy, which was equally as much to do with global economic forces beyond their control, as much as it is in the current downturn, and quick enough to start wasting the extra inflow of money from all the new houses and new cars, but try and blame them for mismanagement of funds and you get this bullsh*t response of "Oh well world economic crises are beyond our control", the crises being the thing that just happened to underline and make apparent the huge money pit our politicians flushed the cash down.
    What are we left with for ~2 decades of boom?
    Hospitals that don't function as they should, top heavy with management and admin and lacking in frontline staff, resources and facilities (The Lourdes in Drogheda the other morning is a prime example...HSE wanting to make it a "centre of excellence" and severely curtailing services in other surrounding regional hospitals, preferring to have patients travel from a wide hinterland to an overcrowded, outdated building...which then has to close it's doors because it can't cope either staff wise or infrastructurally leaving patients out on a limb and endangering lives...this is just the pinnacle of 10 years of mismanagement in the NE region WRT to healthcare.
    What else are we left with?
    Tens of thousands of people facing another 25+ years of paying off high mortgages repayments for not very special houses and appartments, who have huge commutes, sometimes on roads that aren't fit for tractors...the stamp duty from same, having been long spent. A select few got very rich off the backs of those people.
    The above has left some of our banks in a precarious situation and has thus left the taxpayer in that same situation. The same taxpayer that has those big debts of their own to clear and is facing higher taxation to make upo the shortfall that a blind man could have seen coming.
    So great, the public and civil service got some nice new state of the art buildings, the country got some swanky new hotels and some roads (a lot of which was either funded by the EU or by private companies that now get to reap the rewartd of high tolls for the foreseeable future)...but at the bottom of all that, nothing has reallly changed in the country. We have lots of nice shiny things, but the basics are in some cases worse than they were 20 years back.

Hilarious.

• Advertisement

Well thought out, considered and reasoned comment there, backed up by logical arguments and factual evidence. Its that sort of thinking that put us where we are today, tbh.

Agreed, it really lacked an accusation of treason. Ohh and some poor attempts at protraying eveyone involved in the public sector as corpulant parasites. Really needed some of that. And righteous indignation! That'd have really helped his cause.

Y'know, all the average prattle that makes all these AH posts special

Advertisement