Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Nationals flying in for the day to sign on the dole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They need some snipers to shoot them down when they get off the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It's different these days. If they keep looking for you and you're not around then they will ask questions. You're supposed to be available for work in the area you're living in. If you're consistently not around then you lose your benefits.

When they call up you might not be in. Thats just the way life is. They cant penalize you for living your life outside the house. If they want to tell you when to be there then its not hard to fly over that day and be in. It might make it uneconomical for you to do it every week but they are never going to do that.

How about making people sign on each of Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week for their dole? Make the schools send a copy of the roll call to DSW every week. If the kids arent in school no dole, unless you have a note from the doctor (which is checked).

Much better than calling up to their house every week. Calling to the house just isnt going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    I met a guy who used to live beside me today in the post office. Hes from Poland and moved home about 6 months ago. He told me he was here with his wife for the day.

Now the best bit. They were signing on collecting their money. I was shocked and it showed and he explained it to me.

They have 3 children and are saying they are living with his brother who still lives here. They went home to Poland and he has a job there. This was his last time signing on but his wife is going to sign on saying she was left in Ireland with the kids. She'll just come over here for the day whenever she needs to sign on on the cheap flights. Even if this is once a week (and im sure its less often than that) it will pay her to do it. And childrens allowance etc too.

Still seeing my shocked face he said that he knows lots of people doing the very same thing, that it was normal.

Unbelievable.
    ok you can do nothing and pay for this scumbag or you can pm me the details and I can get this guy investigated. your choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

axel rose wrote: »
    ok you can do nothing and pay for this scumbag or you can pm me the details and I can get this guy investigated. your choice

Why dont you just read the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

As i said, they need to tally up passport arrivals with dole claims. Easy to do. yet they waste all these resources stupidly doing the wrong thing.

Ive sent an email to report him anyway. Lets see what happens.
    afaik that would be a violation of the data protection act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Yes i have. Was on it for years in the 80's, 90's . When ou could get work on the sites the condition was that you would get paid a weeks wages minus the dole and were given Tuesday morning off at the building site to go down and collect it. If you didnt like that, no job.
    And they came on to the sites every couple of months and got everyone up against a wall. Asked them their name and address. They gave a false name and address and that was it.

What the hell did nobody see this? Am I reading this wrong or were you defrauding the dole back then? Seems a bit rich to be criticising someone else for doing the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

This is a joke. Hopefully the right people will get a wind of it. The same thing happened in Spain recently with eastern europeans. It was on the news that a bunch of local lads found out and beat the ****e out of about a dozen of them eastern europeans then ended up getting arrested themselves.

It only made the news because a few hundred people from the local area descended on the police station breaking the windows demanding that the men be released. Totally support them.

ok khan just bitch about it. I read the post (ok with and ould glass of vino or two) and I can see that if you tell either myself or jaffa the details - something will be done............ the who and the where. whats the point in posting this otherwise? You would be surprised where we work.....

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Not at all, transfer of information between government departments is perfectly legal.
    Even more so if there is a possiblity criminal activities are being carried out!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

i posted this on another thread but got no joy. so i'll try here instead,
    I'm not a racist, but i had to go to my social welfare officer a few weeks ago to drop in a form for the medical card, and before some says's anything I'm a carer for my wife who is disabled. there were about 20 or so people waiting to see him and out of the 20 people waiting 5 were Irish and the rest were non-nationals, if their not begging on the street their begging of the state,
    why cant the goverment make them f**k off bad to where they came from,
    it makes me sick to see the f**kers driving around the town. and i'd bet with no insurance.
    i know for a fact how this works. non-nationals come to ireland with a big family 10 or more, buy a car and insure it in one name.but the whole family are driving the car, if they get stopped by the cops....."ME NO SPEACK NO ENGLASH"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

redout wrote: »
    This is a joke. Hopefully the right people will get a wind of it. The same thing happened in Spain recently with eastern europeans. It was on the news that a bunch of local lads found out and beat the ****e out of about a dozen of them eastern europeans then ended up getting arrested themselves.

It only made the news because a few hundred people from the local area descended on the police station breaking the windows demanding that the men be released. Totally support them.

Oh yeah. Me too. Definitely - a bit of mindless thuggery social justice is just what we need in Ireland. :rolleyes:

mossie110 wrote: »
    I'm not a racist, but i had to go to my social welfare officer a few weeks ago to drop in a form for the medical card, and before some says's anything I'm a carer for my wife who is disabled. there were about 20 or so people waiting to see him and out of the 20 people waiting 5 were Irish and the rest were non-nationals, if their not begging on the street their begging of the state,
    why cant the goverment make them f**k off bad to where they came from,
    it makes me sick to see the f**kers driving around the town. and i'd bet with no insurance.
    i know for a fact how this works. non-nationals come to ireland with a big family 10 or more, buy a car and insure it in one name.but the whole family are driving the car, if they get stopped by the cops....."ME NO SPEACK NO ENGLASH"

Not a racist? Maybe not but you do a damn good impression of a xenophobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

If you start a sentence with 'I'm not a racist, but', you're a racist. I actually have more respect for the opinions of those who admit they're racist and tell me why than the cowards who start sentences with that phrase or similar and then spout a pile of xenophobic nonsense. Who do you think you're fooling?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

So ... dole fraud >>> assault / GBH >>> mob violence /destruction of property.

And you "totally support them"?

Well done! You've just impressed the hell out of me with your intelligence!!

FFS, if you or anyone else knows someone who is deliberately defrauding the Social Welfare, it doesn't matter whether they are Irish or not, there is one very simple solution, and it doesn't involve either ranting on the internet or beating the crap out of them ... report them! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

<insert generic Roma rant>

So ... dole fraud >>> assault / GBH >>> mob violence /destruction of property.

And you "totally support them"?

Well done! You've just impressed the hell out of me with your intelligence!!

FFS, if you or anyone else knows someone who is deliberately defrauding the Social Welfare, it doesn't matter whether they are Irish or not, there is one very simple solution, and it doesn't involve either ranting on the internet or beating the crap out of them ... report them! :rolleyes:

They should be given a good hiding. Report them yes, but all this will do will get them cut off hopefully but sure they will scarper back to poland with no prosecution.

Dord wrote: »
    <insert generic Roma rant interchanging Roma and Romanian at random>

FYP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sam Vimes wrote: »

The data protection act dose not exist in Ireland anymore, :rolleyes:

Have you travelled between Junction 6 and Junction 7 on the M50 recently? :D

javaboy wrote: »
    FYP :)

Ah jaysus, I knew I left something out! :(

nah!!! I dont care what who colour race age or situation. I just dont freeking care! according to this thread there is quite a lot of fraud. What concerns me more is that there are very few people who are willing to anything about it. Why are people so reluctant to report it?

• Advertisement

Data protection dose not exist anymore, :rolleyes:

I did and the government stole my identity. :( Oh how I wish I had listened to you.

The data protection act dose not exist in Ireland anymore, :rolleyes:

Why ask him? Just check on the website! :D

They should be given a good hiding. Report them yes, but all this will do will get them cut off hopefully but sure they will scarper back to poland with no prosecution.

Ever broken the law redout and not been caught? I bet you have.

I recommend a good beating.

axel rose wrote: »
    nah!!! I dont care what who colour race age or situation. I just dont freeking care! according to this thread there is quite a lot of fraud. What concerns me more is that there are very few people who are willing to anything about it. Why are people so reluctant to report it?

I'd say the main reason is pure laziness. Also another factor may be lack of information on how to do so. (i.e. who to contact if you suspect social welfare fraud).

I am not the one stealing from someone else's country and fuking off back to my own to spend Irish peoples money.

I am not the one stealing from someone else's country and fuking off back to my own to spend Irish peoples money.

I get you. So it's just the non-nationals that are committing welfare fraud that deserve to be beaten. The Irish people doing it get what exactly? A nice big pat on the back from you and an invitation to join the beat down?

Are you stealing from your own country though? :p

Let us not forget that a lot of Irish people swindle the social too... it's not just the fodgeners!

they deserve one also. But they are not as bad as the ones taking from another country FFS and then living in their own country !

they deserve one also. But they are not as bad as the ones taking from another country FFS and then living in their own country !

Just as bad. The ones coming from other countries are just stooping a hell of a lot lower. :mad:

• Advertisement

Beatings for all! YAY!

You should run for election redout. You would appeal greatly to the knuckle-dragging electorate with your low-IQ, reactionary rhetoric.

Advertisement