Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

dont forget the like of neon genesis evangelion if you like being mind raped. And code geass is a kick ass anime which is not 100% mecha all the time but its pretty amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Don't know how I forgot but also try Escaflowne. A bit dated now but still excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya did it again...

Its f*cking killing me now how many times they have done this.

twice full episodes and one to show it repeating millions of times then a fourth to show the conclusion.

BUT FIVE FULL EPISODES OF THIS SH*T IS TOO MUCH EVEN FOR ME!

I swear the dvd pack of this season will be the biggest rip off produced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just finished Deathnote 2 so going to pick up 3 & 4 soon. Absolutely loving it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Currently watching

Asura Cryin' - magic and giant robots...
    Eve no Jikan - exploring a world with robots and humans.. kind of Asimov like
    Kemono no Souja Erin - little girl who connect with animals used to fight wars
    Needless - trashy action
    Phantom Requiem for the Phantom - following an assasian in his quest for meaning to his life
    Shangri-La - eco themed dysotopian freedom fighting story
    Spice and Wolf II - mechant and a wolf spirit travelling around
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - very promising so far, a girl and her brother caught in a huge earthquake, no idea where its going though
    Valkyria Chronicles - like the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

****!

Yes it did it again.

that is six episodes of the same ****

It is the worst kind of cruelty

seems there is 8 episodes in this arc...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Watched the 1st few eps of Gurenn Lagann lastnight. Its quite strange.
    What the hell are those suface creatures that operate the gunmen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Beastmen... It kind of gets explained later on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just finished both series of Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex.

That was some bold television, absolutly fantastic. Ordered Solid state society now aswell.

Still struggling through Zeta Gundam aswell, its tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

SAC:SSS is no where near as good as SAC, alas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

my fav mangas until now are

Special A
    The Devil Does Exist
    Eternal Sabbath
    666 Satan

and lot more .... one shot's

:D

as for anime i plan on watching all kind of ecchi crap ^^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Still persevering with Haruhi season 2 and been dabbling in some Naruto since the filler ended.

Haruhi
    we should finally see some resolution in the next episode but my word this has been a frustrating few episodes~!

Naruto
    Kakashi Gaiden awesomeness, so good to (kinda) see the 4th in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Funky wrote: »
    Naruto
    Kakashi Gaiden awesomeness, so good to (kinda) see the 4th in action!

Wow, thanks for the head up. Havent watched naruto in ages. Just watch the preview on youtube and it looks pretty good alright.

Edit: http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-530552/naruto-shippuden-119/ Full legal version of part one will be up in 6 days, preview for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm only beginning to get into anime at the moment and a friend recommended Death Note to me.

I'm just about to start the fourth episode. It's very exciting so far. Really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

Started watching FLCL(Fooly Cooly), I'd recomend it, its so good! and the music is really good!

flcl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm only beginning to get into anime at the moment and a friend recommended Death Note to me.

I'm just about to start the fourth episode. It's very exciting so far. Really enjoying it.

Even the cave men enjoyed the fire when it was first introduced to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I think most of humanity still enjoys fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Watching Outlaw Star, it's quite dull, Bebop or Trigun it isn't. I've been "watching" it for months though, have been reading manga more lately.

Reading Akira, along with a dozen others. Latest Gantz was great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

im watching bokura ga ita at the moment. its not something i normally watch, its very "romance and teen angst" but i am enjoying it. about half way through at the moment, not sure what il watch after this!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

triseke wrote: »
    im watching bokura ga ita at the moment. its not something i normally watch, its very "romance and teen angst" but i am enjoying it. about half way through at the moment, not sure what il watch after this!

if you like that, you'll like kimi ga nozomu eien. tis pretty good, i only just started watching it yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For some reason this song totally reminded me of Tekkaman Blade (aka. Teknoman)

So watching this again.

teknoman3.jpg

edit: the dialog is so bad though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Overheal wrote: »
    For some reason this song totally reminded me of Tekkaman Blade (aka. Teknoman)

So watching this again.

teknoman3.jpg

edit: the dialog is so bad though...

A friend of mine told me she has had the origional Keknoman on DVD for years!

I may have to watch it soon.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I'm watching bleach right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

just finished K-on there, moving back to retro with some Cromartie high school, I think, or maybe martian successor nadeiscu :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cngamemart

kenan,now I am watching,

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Watching Zan Sayonara Setsubou Sensei. So awesome.
    gearoidof wrote: »
    just finished K-on there, moving back to retro with some Cromartie high school, I think, or maybe martian successor nadeiscu :S

2003 is hardly retro.

Watching Pani Poni Dash, crazy crazy show but pretty funny and a real test of your "Spot the reference" skills.
    Watched Mind Game a few days ago, still not sure if I liked it or not, some bits were great, some bits were craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!
    What's better, Gundam manga or show.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Watching Pani Poni Dash, crazy crazy show but pretty funny and a real test of your "Spot the reference" skills.
    Watched Mind Game a few days ago, still not sure if I liked it or not, some bits were great, some bits were craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!
    What's better, Gundam manga or show.

Pain Poni Dash, by the same studio as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. :D

Gundam anime.

The anime is the original and definitive work in the case of every incarnation of Gundam. The mangas are just adaptions and fairly rubbish by and large.

That said, some Gundam shows are far better than others.

Pain Poni Dash, by the same studio as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. :D

Gundam anime.

The anime is the original and definitive work in the case of every incarnation of Gundam. The mangas are just adaptions and fairly rubbish by and large.

That said, some Gundam shows are far better than others.
    Some of the shows were very badly rated on Anime sites so I wasn't sure about it, as a lot of people sing it's praises (but it's the same with dragonball). I've heard 00 and seed are the best, what's for watching and what should be avoided?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

just finished
    bokura ga ita as it was mentioned here (ok)
    romeo x juliet (very good)
    Gankutsuou The Count of Monte Cristo (fine)

still keeping up with shounen animes

and look forward each week to
    spice and wolf
    tokyo 5.0

Advertisement