Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lydabryant

I'm watching naruto shippuuden... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just got Gurren-lagann so gonna dig into that over the weekend. Watched first episode of 07-Ghost a few days ago, looks like it has some potential. Keeping up to date with Naruto and bleach manga's. Gonna stop watching Naruto shippuuden for a while i think. I can usually stick with the side-stories but the current one is painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I wanna download something good for after my exams but I havent been following anime this year, I like stuff like GITS: SAC, Gurren Lagann, Geass, Haruhi... something unconventional. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

robby^5 wrote: »
    I wanna download something good for after my exams but I havent been following anime this year, I like stuff like GITS: SAC, Gurren Lagann, Geass, Haruhi... something unconventional. Any suggestions?

You're looking for some quality ****ing animation.

Unfortunately its hard come by lately. :/

Two recommendations for you.

Xam'd: Lost Memories, unlike what you've seen but great (imo).

Eden of the East, ongoing, but it'll be a short run, think it ends at episode 11. Also a bit different from what you've seen, also great, I think.

I did love Gundam OO, but most people seem to have an irrational hatred of Gundam.

That's all I've seen worth recommending. Anything else was only okay, alright or quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I am watching Outlaw Star. It brings back memories, when I first got into anime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

You're looking for some quality ****ing animation.

Unfortunately its hard come by lately. :/

Two recommendations for you.

Xam'd: Lost Memories, unlike what you've seen but great (imo).

Eden of the East, ongoing, but it'll be a short run, think it ends at episode 11. Also a bit different from what you've seen, also great, I think.

I did love Gundam OO, but most people seem to have an irrational hatred of Gundam.

That's all I've seen worth recommending. Anything else was only okay, alright or quite good.

Well you were the one who suggested three of my above favourites so I'll give those a shot, you seem to have great taste good sir ;)

Although I'll pass on Gundam, If there are to be giant robots I don't want it to be serious-business.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

Well Eden of the East is directed by the same guy who did the Ghost In the Shell : SAC series. Brilliant anime! ^^

Anyone seen Pale Cocoon? It was a fantastic 20 min OVA released about 2 years back. Well the same people that brought that also made this 9 min short called Mizu no Kotoba and that seems to be referenced in their latest ongoing series called Eve no Jikan. Episodes are just 15mins long and so far 4 have been released with 2 more to go. Story seems interesting with gorgeous animation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7998

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rewatching Berserk... I threw on the english dub for a laugh at how absolutely terrible i expected it to be but it's fantastic. I'm going to watch the entire series in english now I was just that impressed with it. Even the background characters have effort put into them, why can't all dubs be like this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

rewatching Berserk... I threw on the english dub for a laugh at how absolutely terrible i expected it to be but it's fantastic. I'm going to watch the entire series in english now I was just that impressed with it. Even the background characters have effort put into them, why can't all dubs be like this :(

Check out the bloopers, some of them are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I just started watching Code Geass last week, seems decent so far. I plan on watching a few other shows soon now that I have a bit of free time. I'm thinking D.Grayman and Gundam 00. I need stuff to fill the void left by One Piece. I only caught upto to the current episodes so now I have to wait for new episodes of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I just finished Azumanga Daioh and Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. I enjoyed both but SZS has become a firm favourite of mine. I'm gonna check out Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei next as well as Love Hina. I've also gotten my hands on some K-On! and lookng forward to seeing the second episode of the new Haruhi content!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 James-Brod

Well, I'm reading fate/stay night and just got up to date with Claymore.
    Watching the Claymore anime and about to start the Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Currently watching Nadia, the Secret of Blue Water . I'm on episode 10. It's vair good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Romoro

Im watching BLEACH im amazed its brilliant.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RageBeat

Re-reading old chapters of Bleach & watching Gravitation again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miasima Goria

I'm reading the Oldboy series - expensive at £10 a book!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I restarted One Piece from episode one these days ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Looks like the Naruto anime filler is finally done with... well it was kinda filler right? Very poor animation and general effort put into it for the last few months in my opinion.
    The manga hopefully will pick up soon again... got a bit slow the last few weeks. Still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Zippitydoo wrote: »
    Looks like the Naruto anime filler is finally done with... well it was kinda filler right? Very poor animation and general effort put into it for the last few months in my opinion.
    The manga hopefully will pick up soon again... got a bit slow the last few weeks. Still good though.

That was purely a filler arc I think, though it might have been to(manga spoiler below):
    give a bit more story to Orochimaru before Sasuke 'kills' him

Gave up on it about 4 or 5 episodes ago, looking forward to it getting back to the story.

I agree the manga's gone a bit quiet again but some of the recent previous chapters were unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Reading Gantz.

It's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

Funky wrote: »
    That was purely a filler arc I think, though it might have been to(manga spoiler below):
    give a bit more story to Orochimaru before Sasuke 'kills' him

Gave up on it about 4 or 5 episodes ago, looking forward to it getting back to the story.

I agree the manga's gone a bit quiet again but some of the recent previous chapters were unreal.

Is today's episode back to cannon or is it next week, as i skip all the filler. Also what does everyone think about the latest chapters of the manga
    I though it was a cop-out that they brought back Kakashi and the others I always like Naruto because people died and stayed dead this changed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Doklett

Im watching Bleach at the mo. I think its great that it follows the manga so closely unlike Naruto. Im reading the manga Veritas... its the S**t!

Yeah Katherine I agree, felt like quite a cop out to me too, I was content with what had happened, there needed to be some casualties!

The anime episode from Friday is back on track now with the manga, finally...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yea agreed
    it woulda added a bit of darkness to the story and it would have been easier to make Danzou hokage which i thought was a bit rushed. though i guess the story is about how Naruto saves the world etc.

finally back to non-filler in the anime hurrah!

Yup. I was glad when Hinata died anyway, she wrecks my head. Kakashi's death was obviously too rushed for that to be real, his character is far too important and will play a huge role in my opinion. I think we're due a big death or too soon now, possibly at Sasuke's hands... we'll see

Yeah the newest anime episode was decent, there's some great Sasuke action on the horizon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Just started watching Baccano! Really enjoying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mandaiben

I'm alternating between Megazone 23, the second season of Black Lagoon, and rewatching Death Note. Great stuff, all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

None at the moment because I suck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 myth.

i watched like 200+ episodes of bleach until they started another filler arc.. same with naruto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Dragonball at the moment. Gurren Lagann is awesome, Dragonball is funny.

Advertisement