Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Just got back to watching Naurto:
    Deidara Vs. Sauske
    was awesome and two more very good fights coming along shortly that i'm looking forward to watching.
    Jiraiya Vs. Pain & Sasuke Vs. Itachi

Keeping up with Bleach & the New FMA - Both the Mangas and Animes.

recently watched:
    Gantz (Very good)
    Death Note (Good, The main character bugged me a little though)
    Hellsing OVA VI - (Absolutley amazing)
    Ergo Proxy (Ok, i would probably give it a rewatch at some point)

Recently Re-watched
    Bebop and GITS: SAC (always good)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Bakemonogatari continues to be fantastic for those looking for a currently airing show.
    Just bought the Planetes box set & Paranoia Agent, both are also fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Watching Ergo Proxy right now, it's...odd, but alright so far. Not really reading any mangas, trying out the odd new one now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Bakemonogatari continues to be fantastic for those looking for a currently airing show.
    Just bought the Planetes box set & Paranoia Agent, both are also fantastic.

Started watching Bakemonogatari there a couple of weeks back and have to agree, it's great stuff. Would definitely second the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Funky wrote: »
    Started watching Bakemonogatari there a couple of weeks back and have to agree, it's great stuff. Would definitely second the recommendation!

it be the greatest . However, much of the episodes are removed due to certain circumstances, only the voicing remains; in fact these scenes are thought not to have been finished in time. so i have to wait for the dvds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I was waiting for the batch be become available on my local "legal" torrenting site, but if there are scenes missing, should I wait for the DVDs on this one and stick to canaan and tokyo magnitude 8.0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eric.coe

DRAGON BALL ZEE

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

finished code geass season 1, loved it.

watching lucky star now. big difference!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

i JUST finished watching nana season 1...and now im reading the manga..cos it conitnues....ITS A MAJOR TEARJERKER BTW!!!!! wayyy too sad...TT__TT
    dont know what ill be watching next though...¬¬

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

watch Utawarerumono for something different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Watching Dragonball Kai, starting to pickup Naruto Shippuden again, I dropped it a year or two ago when it started. Friends talking about it lately tempted me to watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

watch Utawarerumono for something different

utawarerumono??o.O whats that about??

Waking up injured, a man finds himself in a small village after being rescued by an apprentice physician. Having no memory of who he is and a mask he cannot take off, he decides to live with the other villagers peacefully. But peace is fragile, as a single event in their village plunges himself and his fellow villagers into a path of war. Based on the ero-game by Leaf/AQUAPLUS.

here ya go :) its rather good, must watch it again sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Wolf's Rain - on episode 16, Awesome so far
    and
    Gurrenn Lagann - on episode 7, ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Just finished watching the new Haruhi episodes, after the first season I was totally dissapointed (look up the episodes "Endless Eight" to see why) and save for about 3 episodes the new season was balls.

Will be moving on to watch Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei now, as well as K-On!, Xam'd Lost Memories and Ergo Proxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Bag

I'm watching Death Note (Y)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im watching the A.D police series again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shevskedd

I read the first issue of Blade of the Immortal, and it is SAVAGE!

Sadly, the animated version doesn't quite capture the action in the comic
    :mad::confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Ouran High School

funniest series I've seen in a long time

monellia wrote: »
    Ouran High School

funniest series I've seen in a long time

is it REALLY that good? my mate said its rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Shevskedd wrote: »
    I read the first issue of Blade of the Immortal, and it is SAVAGE!

Sadly, the animated version doesn't quite capture the action in the comic
    :mad::confused::pac:

unbelievable manga, definitely one of my favourites. the drawing style, the characters, the story, all awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

started reading fairy tails and gto

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just read todays one piece chapter

what a manga

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

Just starded watching Elfen Lied and finished watching season 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Elfen Lied is brilliant!
    ElfenLiedTranquil0%5B1%5D.jpg

my brother liked the first 10 minutes of the first episode.

nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

MPost37381-JapSchool.jpg
    MPost15566-HarukoLunacy.jpg

currently watching the end of lucky star. and the bit that keeps sticking out?

timotei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just got some great news

darker than black season 2 has just started

cant wait till it gets subbed

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Lately on my viewing list has been
    Moyashimon I wasn't expecting much when i started but wow this show was cool. Instilled the same joy I got from watching Genshiken
    Dogs: Bullets & Carnage Very cool show, Kinda like Black Lagoon, pity it's so short.
    City Hunter I had to see what the Anime was like considering Jackie Chan starred in the Live Action version. He's like Golgo 13 mixed with Kentaro from golden boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Headshot wrote: »
    just read todays one piece chapter

what a manga

Just read todays shippuuden. I know Naruto was never the greatest written manga... but todays... man its gone downhill.

I read the script for it last monday, and literally chalked it up as being some poorly written fake fanfic by a 12 year old, but it turned out to be real. Just plain cr*p.

Advertisement