Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,648 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think I saw one or two Academia episodes on a television somewhere, some stoney/bricklain arena ina dungeon somewhere doing shonen stuff, seemed alright. In its earlier days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If that's My Hero you're referencing, it's hit and miss I'm finding. Although the latest season was quite good until it started to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

I liked the darker turn in the most recent season of MHA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just watched the first episode of Oshi no Ko and omg 90 min of everything I was not expecting it to be, come highly recommended but be aware it's not the standard idol pop script that it it reads like in the description...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rewatching Full Metal Panic S2, forgot how much more violent it is that S1. Just watched ep6 and

love the cameo of some of the characters from Death Note outside the barber shop and L riding the bike 😁.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still KyoAnis lowest selling anime. Pity there probably won't be a final season considering Invisible Victory flopped so hard it bankrupted the studio. I also would have liked to have seen volume 6, Dancing Very Merry Christmas, get an anime adaptation instead of an audio play.

At least all the light novels are available in English after the original translation by TokyoPop ended at volume 5. J Novel Club are also currently releasing the short stories which Fumoffu is based from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I absolutely loved Invisible victory, I would love to see another season, sad there won't be.

I'm rewatching D-grayman now, I absolutely loved it when I first watched it a decade ago and I see beyond episode 51 is dubbed now so I can finally watch them.

Totally Not Mark did an hours long mega review of Fullmetal Alchemist (which one? Yes) made me really in the mood to rewatch Brotherhood. OH told me she used to watch it on Adult Swim but didn't apparently remember everything or see everything based on some of what I was watching so we've started a proper full-screen rewatch a couple episodes at a time. Even though I've rewatched it a few time 2nd screen etc. in the years since I forgot a lot of really good blink and you miss them moments, a lot of humor hidden in the animation, or slower moments eg. Ed wakes up from a nightmare, animators look like they spent a week on that 10 seconds of him waking up and sitting up in bed (episode 5). Easily my most rewatched of all time I think, having gone through the series in full more than a few times, S-tier english dub too, even without a blooper reel you could tell they really gave care to this one,

On Gundam Seed, did watch the first 5 discs/25 eps from 2004 and started the back half as the 2nd volume of the HD remake, just in time for an ORB recap episode that shows off all the HD reanimation of earlier fights in the series (pretty efficient tbh) it made it easy for us both to see the difference with the remake, eg. no more helicopter.png's being panned across the screen, they actually got animation and stuff. Most but not all of the PNGs have been erased, woo.

But then, yknow, they leave safe harbor, fight enemy gundams, lo and behold they still used this same recycled footage of Buster. THREE TIMES. IN THREE MINUTES.

Does nobody in that animation house like Buster as much as I did? It gets such a crazy lack of effort. B tier anime vs. FMA:B S-tier.

Reuse was very common in Gundam SEED/Destiny the Raider, Calamity, and Forbidden had the same sequence reused in every episode they were in. Some shots of the Impulse in Destiny are reuses of the Strike from SEED too. Series being able to skip a cour like Witch from Mercury is should cut down on a lot of that reuse as they won't be under the same time constraints.

Also I see GunamInfo re-unhid their youtube upload of SEED HD Remake right after I buy the back half on blu ray, FML.

I agree they could have really done a leaner format if they weren't in a ~50 episode run like that. You lose 1 or 2 episodes immediately by deleting cold intros that are just the outro of the previous episode. Witch still did a recap episode though this week, ugh. Right after they tore our hearts out.

• Advertisement

But then, yknow, they leave safe harbor, fight enemy gundams, lo and behold they still used this same recycled footage of Buster. THREE TIMES. IN THREE MINUTES.

@19:27

@15:34

@13:37

Aight it was 6 minutes.

Solid strat by Athrun, though. The plot armor is just too good.

You're not wrong, just finished episode one now.

Witch From Mercury ended with a bang, dunno if everyone caught it but it was a spectacle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yes, it was very well done compared to Iseleve which had seasons worth of story left and was very abrupt by comparison...

If they wanted to there is plenty of world built in the Ad Stella timeline but I respect their choice to tie things off, at least for the foreseeable roadmap. Looking out for the Bluray collection. Already preordered my Calibarn HG... don't want to spoil a damn thing, but it's such a phenomenal design, they really pulled out some bangers for this series. I don't for one second anticipate this is the last we've seen of Ad Stella.

Heh, Mashle Magic and Muscles is a fun little show. Blew through it in one sitting, really like the deadpan, almost OPM-like main character. Loved his equality part!

Second half of season 2 of Record of Ragnarok on Netflix, doubt I need to say much more :)

I'm so far behind on everything.

yo,

Cucuruz Doan's Island dropped to the public today on Gundaminfo

... I make no guarantees about outside the US tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's available outside the US. It will still be on Crunchyroll too.

• Advertisement

Gear 5! That was awesome but still retained the wasted time as is par for course for One Piece. Next episode should be better. But I was smiling during every scene.

Episode 1071 spoiler (I don't follow the manga so no spoilers please!

I feel Oda just made the most epic tribute to early Disney cartoons! Like he's set the entire story to come to this point.

I saw TNM geeking about this on YT shorts:

Not my thing but good on ye

Unsealed my copy of 4K UHD Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower. Another definitely not disappointing expenditure of $60, that **** was beautiful. Not flawless, but beautiful. Excellent use of HDR between brights and darks. There were some stunning hand drawn shots, like halfway through the movie a sub carrier launching from a sub pen, they looked to have hand drawn every frame of that sequence. But earlier in the film used a copy/paste pan and scan for some space ships. So a little inconsistent in places but, visually stunning film, and 90% action, and I look forward to Pt. 3, which apparently has been getting pushed back for some time now but hopefully it comes back up soon, largely as a function of manga chapters needing to be written, it's definitely something they want in the works. It was a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Bought the entirety of the original Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita as a toilet reader at Akumakon. (And I wanted to stop going to cons last year....)

I'm reminded of why I liked this series ten years ago.

Alita just --- does whatever she wants and becomes who she wants to be, and not always what Edo wants, or wants her to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Solo levelling is tops 👏 haven't got hooked on an anime in awhile but this ticks the boxes

Advertisement