Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Naruto Shippuuden again now that the 3-Tails filler is over.
    Sasuke just killed Orichimaru!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Yup they did it pretty well too...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

The 2nd season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phenom™

I'm watching Guin Saga right now. After that it's Sengoku Basara and Queens Blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Watching Outlaw star and reading God knows how many manga (Gantz being my most loved though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

season 2 of the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is f*cking with my head far too much at the moment (anyone else who have watched the last 3 episodes would know what I am talking about.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Going to get stuck back into Naruto now that the filler is over
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

And I have the 2 seasons of Gundam 00 lined up to watch... All I need now is 30 minutes to myself to actually watch something:(

Oh yeah, and season 2 of Haruhi is waiting to be watched as well... Might try to get the GF to watch it with me and totally wreck her head with it:p

Sorry for going OT - is it necessary to watch S1 of Haruhi before S2, or could someone just jump straight into S2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    season 2 of the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is f*cking with my head far too much at the moment (anyone else who have watched the last 3 episodes would know what I am talking about.)

Though still enjoyable, the following statement shows how I feel about it so far:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

What the guy above me said. Just feels like I'm watching the same episode four time in a row. I love Haruhi but I need some progress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Haruhi isn't screwing with my head, because I know I'm not supposed to be able to understand it yet. It's great so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Got into a new anime

Needless

Right good and only on its 2nd episode

Still loving naruto manga, i was gob-smacked by last weeks manga.

Loving one piece and bleach manga

Any body else read the above manga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Im reading Bleach. I stopped for ages just to let it get ahead. So I started reading there last week again, 30-40 chapters at the weekend and I still managed to end on the wrost cliffhanger possible! I couldn't have timed it better.
    Just as the Vizards showed up!

Also rewatched Cowboy Bebop, what a show! Caught up with Naruto and Im currently searching for the Gantz chapters I've not read.

Is the next reboot of Evangelion film out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Oh gods they've done it again with Haruhi.

Ahh my head is killing me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Oh gods they've done it again with Haruhi.

Ahh my head is killing me now...

It's actually just annoying now. 4 episodes of the same episode, I didn't even watch episode 5, I just skimmed through it to see if it was different, and it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Yeah, i'm just sorta starting to get into anime but im watching code geass right now and its pretty good, then i'm gonna watch cowboy bebop, maybe FMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Hagakure_irl

just about to start monster and death note

ruadhan wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm just sorta starting to get into anime but im watching code geass right now and its pretty good, then i'm gonna watch cowboy bebop, maybe FMA.

Four words: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

what's the story with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

is that a totally new Fullmetal Alchemist story line or somthing else ?

FMA:Brotherhood is the basically a more faithful adaption of the manga since its nearing the end. So far its racing through the bits from the original anime up to the point where the storylines diverged.

To me it feels awkwardly paced because of this, characters don't get as much screen time so you don't form any sort of connection with them
    Maes Hughes came and went in the space of only a few episodes (I think its only 1 can't remember) and Basque Grand barely features at all

Still, its very good, worth checking out at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

fitz0 wrote: »
    Maes Hughes came and went in the space of only a few episodes (I think its only 1 can't remember) and Basque Grand barely features at all
    To be fair, he had more screentime there than he had in the manga. And thats including his other appearance which they haven't gotten to yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Four words: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

well yeah, im not sure if i love mecha , i've already seen evangelion and found it ok but a bit weird and deathnote which was really good, and dragonball all of them which i love.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

well yeah, im not sure if i love mecha , i've already seen evangelion and found it ok but a bit weird and deathnote which was really good, and dragonball all of them which i love.

Gurren Lagann has none of the "wierd" depression/human condition that Evangelion would be considered of (not really anyway). It's generally more of an action comedy.
    I'd second his recommendation whole-heartidly.

Gurren Lagann has none of the "wierd" depression/human condition that Evangelion would be considered of (not really anyway). It's generally more of an action comedy.
    I'd second his recommendation whole-heartidly.
    ^What he said. Possibly the greatest anime of all time, right from the get-go its flat out insanity. Dips in the middle (most shows do) but picks up again. If you watch nothing else watch this.
    Spoiler: To be fair, he had more screentime there than he had in the manga. And thats including his other appearance which they haven't gotten to yet.

Thats true,
    but I liked how in the first series we had time to get attached to him, made his death a lot more meaningful.
    Hopefully when the series reaches the point where the original series broke away it will slow down and pace itself better.

Been working my way through Eureka 7. It's well brilliant. Loving every second of it.

Just saw the first two episodes of Giant Robo. Was expecting to be bored to tears by some silly old super robot show.

I was wrong, it's bloody amazing. Great animation, good music, fantastic storylines, great shounen battle-manga styled fight scenes. And then the robot shows up, and it gets better.
    well yeah, im not sure if i love mecha ,

Heres a tip. Don't think of them as mecha. Just think of them as anime.

Question: What do Gundam 00, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Macross Frontier have in common?

Answer: Absolutely nothing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

not watching anything atm. any new anime on the scene you recommend?

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/needless#watch%3Dv18734933PcyXY84j

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Im watching too much anime at the mo, getting through one piece, The new Fma and trying to get time to see the eureka 7 movie.

Eden of the east is very good if ya havent seen it yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Want to watch a new anime. Love Mech style animes. Any suggestions ?

Eureka 7 - Surfind robots, is there anything better?
    Gurren Lagann - If you haven't seen it, you really should
    Macross Zero - Only 5 eps but quite good.

Thats all the mecha I know others can help more.

• Advertisement

Eureka 7 - Surfind robots, is there anything better?
    Gurren Lagann - If you haven't seen it, you really should
    Macross Zero - Only 5 eps but quite good.

Thats all the mecha I know others can help more.

Eureka 7 is fantastic. Gurren Lagann is amazing.

Also see;

Macross Frontier - Fantastic story, great action, brilliant music.
    Gundam 00 - Best Gundam I've seen. Compulsive watching.
    Giant Robo - Old, but action packed and extremely watchable.

Advertisement