Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    The location of the comment is what made it look bitchy

I can totally understand how it may have been picked up as bitchy. Perhaps it was, I don't know. But to me it just looks like a bit of banter.

On a bitch note: Damn lecturer scheduling extra lectures to make up for bank holidays. :( So hungee but now won't get a chance to eat before 3..... might just skip it actually. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25 OneMoreThing!

Is anyone else hearing that the medical center is going to start charging per use now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is anyone else hearing that the medical center is going to start charging per use now?

IIRC it was mentioned during the election campaigns... can't remember too well tbh. But I have heard it mentioned before somewhere.

Yeah. It's something that I'd heard in the last few days a few times... Not sure what to think about it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

The medical center might start charging?!

Great...There's my feeling of security when I'm ill gone...:(

• Advertisement

I could be wrong now but I have been hearing things about it starting to charge, from probably next year on, in the last few days. And you know what they say, no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

That's been confirmed. Front page of An Focal this morning.

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    That's been confirmed. Front page of An Focal this morning.

Anseo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I was talking to a the nurse at the start of the year and even then they had cut the services down a lot to keep it free as in now it only had one nurse and doctor. This is no big shock thb.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

is the issue with the internet a campus wide problem?

• Advertisement

roro1neil0 wrote: »

Certainly doesn't exist in Dromroe anyway, I'm having no problems. (For a change :pac:)

roro1neil0 wrote: »

Had more lag than usual at around 9:30, but back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Whhyyyyyyyy must the air conditioner in the Venus lab be so fecking cold?!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hates when you're trying to take notes and listen in a lecture because the lecturer is talking about stuff that's guaranteed to be on the exam but people behind you don't even bother to whisper, never mind the fact that they were talking and giggling in the first place...

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hates when you're trying to take notes and listen in a lecture because the lecturer is talking about stuff that's guaranteed to be on the exam but people behind you don't even bother to whisper, never mind the fact that they were talking and giggling in the first place...

Even worse when half the class is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

Que up for 15 mins only to be told they dont have Mayo.....If my roll or sammich doesnt have mayo then I wont eat it.(Picky I know hah).

Curse you UL deli!Why cant you just go into the back and get some,its not like you ran out...and if you did Y U HAVE NO MAYO!

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Even worse when half the class is doing it.

It was and they were told to shut up a few times but they weren't listening. It was just like ''please shut up, I don't care about what ya did last night''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

That's really poor form. Another thing that bugs me (maybe it shouldn't) is when people walk out of lectures if it's a guest lecture or if the material doesn't seem directly pertinent to whatever essays are up. I find those lectures a great help. You can get a pretty blinkered outlook when you're just focusing on one text or subject for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Why does the internet have to be so slow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mindkiller wrote: »
    That's really poor form. Another thing that bugs me (maybe it shouldn't) is when people walk out of lectures if it's a guest lecture or if the material doesn't seem directly pertinent to whatever essays are up. I find those lectures a great help. You can get a pretty blinkered outlook when you're just focusing on one text or subject for ages.
    Never seen anyone walk out of my lectures before. Sometimes wish they would...

• Advertisement

Nice of them to tell us week 11 that attendance at the labs was worth 20%. Cheers lads. :\:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

TBF, you've no-one but yourself to blame for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Nice of them to tell us week 11 that attendance at the labs was worth 20%. Cheers lads. :\:\

Your module outline is supposed to declare all of that in advance.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    TBF, you've no-one but yourself to blame for that.

Not really seeing as the entire class believed the 30% was for the final lab exam, and not split 20:10. And I've attended all but 2 of them anyway.
    sceptre wrote: »
    Your module outline is supposed to declare all of that in advance.

I know, but the lecturer is claiming that that was the structure all the time. He said in the first lecture that there was 30% for labs, and never split that up.
    I suppose it's only 6% I'm gonna lose, but still annoying. If I'd known there were attendance marks I would have attended at least one of the ones I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

We were also told a few weeks ago that the lab exam was 30%.

Also, a sign in sheet wasn't present at all the labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not really seeing as the entire class believed the 30% was for the final lab exam, and not split 20:10. And I've attended all but 2 of them anyway.

I know, but the lecturer is claiming that that was the structure all the time. He said in the first lecture that there was 30% for labs, and never split that up.
    I suppose it's only 6% I'm gonna lose, but still annoying. If I'd known there were attendance marks I would have attended at least one of the ones I missed.
    Ah, the old post-hoc ante-hoc shuffle. Regardless of it being your own responsibility yadda yadda, it's something that shouldn't be allowed. A declaration of X% for Y, that's the purpose of the module outline in the first place. Anything else is changing the rules during the game and not notifying the players until the game is over or almost over (the possibility and implications of which are the reasons that the module outline was initially agreed and exists to avoid).

Is it just me or is Sulis down again? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Working ok for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Hey guys
    Does anyone know where A1089 is? I am not too familiar with UL.

Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

If you are going in from main reception, take the lift to level 1, turn left when you get out off the lift, sharp left then then right then left and straight on through the canteen, once through the canteen you go straight through the stairwell into block A and the room is on you left of this corridor, called the fish tank, glass &wood box type effort.
    Hey guys
    Does anyone know where A1089 is? I am not too familiar with UL.

Thanks a million

Advertisement