Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Was that this one? That caused a lot of fuss. Whoever from ULSU made that comment created a lot of work for themselves subsequently.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That's pretty harmless in fairness.

Really?

These are all of the ULSU comments that followed:
    ULSU wrote:
    Keep it civil. Some comments removed!
    You have already been warned. Any more abuse and people will be banned.
    There have been comments removed for abuse, nobody has been warned for expressing an opinion where it was civil.
    Just to make clear there was no warning issued to any individual. All warnings on this post are general and apply to everyone. Kate has not been warned any different to anyone else Tighearnan.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really?

These are all of the ULSU comments that followed:

Well without seeing the entire thread, I can't get a good picture of what actually went on.

But from the posts you've posted, it seems as though the SU posted a comment which could either be interpreted as bitchy, or as a bit of banter.
    Then they issued warnings to people who started being abusive, as would happen on any forum.

But that's just how it looks to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

It came across as bitchy tbh. A litte care at the keyboard goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You can go check it all (or at least what ULSU didn't remove) on the facebook page.

I would read Kate's comment as a bit of banter, and the ULSU comment as requesting (or even demanding) a thank you. (ULSU consistently made a big deal of their involvement in the extended opening hours. They appear to mention their involvement more than they mention the opening hours.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Well without seeing the entire thread, I can't get a good picture of what actually went on.

But from the posts you've posted, it seems as though the SU posted a comment which could either be interpreted as bitchy, or as a bit of banter.
    Then they issued warnings to people who started being abusive, as would happen on any forum.

But that's just how it looks to me.

Maybe in isolation it's a bit of banter but given some of the issues with communication this year it comes across poorly enough - it just wasn't necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You can go check it all (or at least what ULSU didn't remove) on the facebook page.

Ah, timeline... thought the post had been deleted... :o

TBH I still think it was just a bit of banter. If you read it in the voice of a father shouting out of the car as his kids run away into school then it's not so sinister IMO :pac: :pac:

Unnecessary? Maybe. But worthy of being lumped in with the more obvious communication problems that exist between student body and SU? I don't think so.

As for them playing up the fact that they had been negotiating with the Uni, I think that's more a case of trying to show more students what exactly the Union does for them. Wasn't one of the main reasons put forward for the low attendances at the UGM being that students don't give a shít because the SU doesn't factor into their daily college life? Well this is an example of what the SU can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

... Are people seriously taking that 3rd coment as being b*tchy?

Christ on a bike this place gets petty sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Adam_M

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    just a rumour but i hears Kelly o brien has been working hand in hand with antisoc to write a fully comprehensive and damning account of the su past future and present. She unravels the cause of su financial demise, rockett antics and unveils some home truths about Adam moursy su president elect

I wish there was something to write about me, alas my life is very boring. Certainly not worthy of making the front page.

Sick of the library and I've only been there a day at this stage. I really need to stop sitting on the first floor right at the top of the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

That's pretty harmless in fairness.
    CiaranMT wrote: »
    ... Are people seriously taking that 3rd coment as being b*tchy?

Christ on a bike this place gets petty sometimes.

not surprising you are both personal pals of the person that made the comment so i don't put much weight in your 'opinions'.

anyone with any common sense can recognise that comment was bitchy and unprofessional.

Adam_M wrote: »
    I wish there was something to write about me, alas my life is very boring. Certainly not worthy of making the front page.

who said what they're were writing were true. some of the best home truths are complete fabrications

• Advertisement

who said what they're were writing were true. some of the best home truths are complete fabrications

Very true

Well if Anti-Soc want to work towards a more transparent Union and want a detailed account on my upbringing and life to date, please do not hesitate to contact me. I mean this honestly as well

good man adam, it's always best to say you volunteered the dirt as opposed it was coverted compiled.

Adam_M willing to stand behind his past transgressions and admit he made mistakes. Sign of a good leader.

not surprising you are both personal pals of the person that made the comment so i don't put much weight in your 'opinions'.

anyone with any common sense can recognise that comment was bitchy and unprofessional.

Who am I personal friends with now?

You are a known associate of Kelly O'brien.

good man adam, it's always best to say you volunteered the dirt as opposed it was coverted compiled.

Adam_M willing to stand behind his past transgressions and admit he made mistakes. Sign of a good leader.

Not sure I have any past transgressions but if there is anything, I'm sure it'll be brought up.

Ah-ha... Good man roro.

You have things arseways. I'm a personal friend of Cathal Ronan, I've only ever spoken to Kelly once.

sorry my secretary handed me the wrong dossier.

apologies my good man.

What's in my dossier Roro? I'm awful excited to see if there's anything in there that I never knew myself

apologies my good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cjthecrow

What's in my dossier Roro? I'm awful excited to see if there's anything in there that I never knew myself

I'd also love to see mine if there is one.

• Advertisement

Any bets you're pals with Pa O' Brien.

lads, this is my final hand in this game, and it's a great one, i'm not showing your my cards for nothing.

lads, this is my final hand in this game, and it's a great one, i'm not showing your my cards for nothing.

There is no game my friend. I'm trying to work with you for a more transparent Union. I have nothing to hide

Sounds spooky.

Are those tarot cards you're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

apologies my good man.

Its passed midnight, does she not get any time off?

:pac:

ah epic joke ruined by repeat.

adam you should just come to a meeting. next one is on in sextons on thursday at 8

ah epic joke ruined by repeat.

adam you should just come to a meeting. next one is on in sextons on thursday at 8

This scenario has 3 endings:

1. Me arriving and there is no one there
    2. Me arriving and we have a lovely chat about the Union
    3. Me arriving and getting kidnapped and taken to a hidden location where the Union has to dip into C&S funds to secure my rescue

I'm not sure which one is more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I'm not, I've had nothing to do with the SU except be a student and I didn't see much wrong with that comment in fairness. Although, what I do see wrong is a certain someone not practicing what they preach. Wasn't it Antisoc who were talking about freedom of information within the SU in that thread... yet they won't show the dossiers they made about people? Isn't that not, you know, hypocritical?

1. It's impossible to know who posted the comment. Could easily have been an anti-soc mole in the SU frapeing the sabbats. :pac:

(obviously a joke before you get all angry)

2. I think you'll find that despite knowing Kelly, I've criticised her conduct many times on this forum when I genuinely believe there is an issue. This is not one of those times.

3. As you're a known detractor of the SU, I don't put much weight in your "opinion".

Still waiting for my dossier btw, you asked if I wanted to see it. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The location of the comment is what made it look bitchy

Advertisement