Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Loads of spots in the CS computer labs to study

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Shhh! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

It's like Fort Knox in the exam halls !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Shhh! :mad:

OK :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

OK :)

We don't need the scruffs in complaining that they can't log into the computers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I'm glad to say that they weren't as draconian as I had been led to believe. It was fine today, you could brings bags, coats, phones, etc and just leave them downstairs in the Schuman. Students Union are also doing a drop-off centre as said above.

No need for me to be getting angry or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

It's great, but so cooold :p I'm wearing gloves in the lab now. But that's only a minor thing. Still better than the library :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Come to KB/SCH. Warm and quiet computer labs all around :')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Does anyone know if the Spar beside plassey and the bank of Ireland sells 2B pencils?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Does anyone know if the Spar beside plassey and the bank of Ireland sells 2B pencils?
    They only had HB pencils I think. I didn't look long for it there.

Try the bookshop in the courtyard. The spar in the courtyard doesn't sell any pencils whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

What, may I ask, is the point of referencing within exams? Why do I have to waste time learning off random names and dates when I could be actually studying the information? How does referencing within exams facilitate learning of any kind? There is the answer to the question. Nobody gives a damn who came up with the answer or when. Similarly, here's the answer to another question. I came up with the answer based on the lecturers limited notes. I don't care if anyone else has said it or when they said it. Unless it's an open book exam, there shouldn't be time wasted learning off references and then time wasted putting in references in exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

sup_dude wrote: »
    What, may I ask, is the point of referencing within exams? Why do I have to waste time learning off random names and dates when I could be actually studying the information? How does referencing within exams facilitate learning of any kind? There is the answer to the question. Nobody gives a damn who came up with the answer or when. Similarly, here's the answer to another question. I came up with the answer based on the lecturers limited notes. I don't care if anyone else has said it or when they said it. Unless it's an open book exam, there shouldn't be time wasted learning off references and then time wasted putting in references in exams...

What do you study ?
    That's simply 100% a waste of time.

What do you study ?
    That's simply 100% a waste of time.

Equine. In fourth year too and it's the first time we've had to reference for what's essential been the same module since first year. The best part is, the lecturers of this module are also who didn't let us have a study week so we've only got two days to study for each exam... Their modules will be either taken up learning off random names and random dates to go with those names, or learning off the actual answers without the names. Can't have it both ways with the amount of time we've had to study. No sample papers either. Oddly enough, one of those lecturers is my supervisor, who I've grown to dislike an awful lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I'm glad to say that they weren't as draconian as I had been led to believe. It was fine today, you could brings bags, coats, phones, etc and just leave them downstairs in the Schuman. Students Union are also doing a drop-off centre as said above.

No need for me to be getting angry or anything :)
    Ah class!! That sorts me out! The essay I just submitted has to be the most stressful essay I ever wrote.:( I got a B3 for the last and I really need to come up there's no way in my final year I can be getting anything lower than a B1. If I do bad in this essay I don't know what I'll do!! I really want a 1.1 but that's looking less and less realistic.

Also, I really need to stop stress eating. Weighed myself today and I'm up nearly 8 pounds :eek: Damage control needed!!:pac:

Also, I really need to stop stress eating. Weighed myself today and I'm up nearly 8 pounds :eek: Damage control needed!!:pac:

If it makes you feel better, I've somehow gained 21 pounds in the last two months without realising it

I ate 6 (SIX) gingerbread whirls and about 15 cream crackers earlier while pacing around my room in a mild panic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I ate 2 racks of ribs for dinner last night. Had a bag of haribo super mix and 2 bags of taytos straight after my exam..... And I'm already planning my post-exam meal (more than studying tbqh)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I just drink a carton of mooju every day

I went wild the last night and spent €5 on a tin of celebrations and they were all gone by the time I'd one lecture revised :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

It's okay guys, you need lots of sugar when you study, glucose is the only form of energy that the brain can use, so keep on eating :P

Source: Trust me, I'm a scientist.

• Advertisement

If it makes you feel better, I've somehow gained 21 pounds in the last two months without realising it

:eek: That's crazy! Do you think it's done to stress or have you been eating/sleeping differently? It wouldn't surprise me how stress can make the body react. I really think the stress of final year has caused my skin to break out really bad and for my weight to go up. :(

:eek: That's crazy! Do you think it's done to stress or have you been eating/sleeping differently? It wouldn't surprise me how stress can make the body react. I really think the stress of final year has caused my skin to break out really bad and for my weight to go up. :(

No idea, I've never put on weight before in my life. Always been a steady 8 and a half stone since I finished growing at 12 or 13 and that's with a massive appetite. Measured at week 4 and was the same. Measured on Wednesday and I was 10 stone on two weighing scales. Me thinks a trip to the doc is needed though. I don't mind the fact I put on weight, just the amount in the short time with relatively no changes bar stress levels.

I don't even look much different except my hips slightly so I don't even know where it went to

No idea, I've never put on weight before in my life. Always been a steady 8 and a half stone since I finished growing at 12 or 13 and that's with a massive appetite. Measured at week 4 and was the same. Measured on Wednesday and I was 10 stone on two weighing scales. Me thinks a trip to the doc is needed though. I don't mind the fact I put on weight, just the amount in the short time with relatively no changes bar stress levels.

I don't even look much different except my hips slightly so I don't even know where it went to
    I'd be extremely similar to you. Despite my ferocious appetite that my family always makes fun of me for I barely ever go above 8 stone 4 pounds. I definitely think you should get that checked out just to put your mind at ease considering as you said it was a significant weight gain in a short period of time and you can't even see where the weight gain is. You would think that you would definitely notice weight gain like that. :) Love how everyone on the thread responded to my "eating too much crap post" with just how much crap there eating. I feel much better now!:D Definitely got to start eating less and doing more exercise once the exams end!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I put up about 30lbs when doing my FYP! Thankfully, I've lost it now, but it's scary how easy it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

You could have pcos or cushings, get checked out when you're finished your exams.

To the people living above me, can you please SHUT THE FÚCK UP -.- Just cause ye don't have an exam tomorrow doesnt mean the rest of us don't. I swear to god, they wreck my head with their obscene loudness 2-3 nights a week that goes on for all hours of the night. Ye're screaming and laughing is just delightful background noise to my studying -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

Should have checked this out earlier but have an exam in C1058 in the morning. I know its main building, after that no idea. Would It be past the red raisin or near the ski slopes?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Should have checked this out earlier but have an exam in C1058 in the morning. I know its main building, after that no idea. Would It be past the red raisin or near the ski slopes?

Its the corridor that you go through to get to Raisins if you're coming from the ski slopes entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

iLaura wrote: »
    Its the corridor that you go through to get to Raisins if you're coming from the ski slopes entrance.

Perfect, Thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there's a queue outside the library before it opens this week?

Advertisement