Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

iLaura wrote: »
    Anyone have a link for the newest Cite it Right? All I can find is the 2005 version :/ I had the new (purple) one bookmarked but now apparently 'the requested url was not found on this server' -.-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59067410/CiteItRight/Doc-CiteItRight.pdf

Think that link should work. It's a pdf version we were sent out earlier in the semester. (Oh, be sure and save it to your computer as I'll prbably inadvertently delete it off dropbox at some point)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59067410/CiteItRight/Doc-CiteItRight.pdf

Think that link should work. It's a pdf version we were sent out earlier in the semester. (Oh, be sure and save it to your computer as I'll prbably inadvertently delete it off dropbox at some point)

Thank yoooooou :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

It's beyond scary to realise that after four years in college, I still have no idea what I want to do once I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

It's beyond scary to realise that after four years in college, I still have no idea what I want to do once I leave.

Do you know what you don't want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Do you know what you don't want to do?

Be a teacher. Probably because every time I tell people my course they respond with "Oh so you're going to teach then?". No. Ya can't teach them if ya can't beat them!:P HOWEVER, recently I have been thinking about Montessori teaching :) I wouldn't mind that so much. But I also want to go abroad for a while to somewhere like Italy, or Russia (I just love the Russian language). But I'm also crap at languages so...:o and I'm pretty sure if I wanted to be a Montessori teacher abroad I'd have to have some of the language of the country. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Be a teacher. Probably because every time I tell people my course they respond with "Oh so you're going to teach then?". No. Ya can't teach them if ya can't beat them!:P HOWEVER, recently I have been thinking about Montessori teaching :) I wouldn't mind that so much. But I also want to go abroad for a while to somewhere like Italy, or Russia (I just love the Russian language). But I'm also crap at languages so...:o and I'm pretty sure if I wanted to be a Montessori teacher abroad I'd have to have some of the language of the country. :o

Speaking to somebody mid-way through Coop in Spain teaching English, without a lick of Spanish. Although there's no doubt in my mind that it helps, it isn't essential. In fact the place I'm leaving takes on new workers every year so would be good for some temp work and practicing getting into teaching.
    That said, the experience may well have put me off teaching forever, but that's because I hate children and don't understand them.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Its time for me to log in to my boards account after 4 months and just say

I really hate exams.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I imagine a lot of people who finish college don't know exactly what they want to do, you just knock off the things you don't want to do and hopefully try different things. I don't reckon there's a need to get tied down to a long-term career when we're only 22/23 or whatever.

As for Montessori teaching... tbh I would imagine that you'd need some of the language to teach children that young. But the best way to learn the language is to go the place and pick it up naturally.

Better you than me though... first of all Russia doesn't sound fun to me :p and I train Community Games teams and have done children's summer camps and stuff, and while most of them are grand, you get a few wreckhead children :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Its time for me to log in to my boards account after 4 months and just say

I really hate exams.

That is all.

Since you hate exams so much already, wanna do mine today? Its on at 12:30 in Schuman. THANKS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Library is full as per norm and 85% of the classrooms or either locked or full. Now currently studying in the Red Raisons :(

4 hours left to save my semester grades :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Library is full as per norm and 85% of the classrooms or either locked or full. Now currently studying in the Red Raisons :(

4 hours left to save my semester grades :o

What's RR like?Is there seats beside plugs?

sup_dude wrote: »
    What's RR like?Is there seats beside plugs?

It's actually quieter than usual mainly because the shops are closed. There are plugs dotted around the rr. I'm beside one now. There's a good few people here with laptops and have plugs in the wall. I reckon you'd be lucky to find a plug for yourself!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Protip: Bring an extension lead to RR and be a hero among mere mortals. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

The classrooms in the Kemmy is a good place to study if the library is packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Just did a multiple choice exam in twenty minutes not sure if I should be worried :P

Midkemia wrote: »
    Just did a multiple choice exam in twenty minutes not sure if I should be worried :P

I did the same in about 10 mins although that was my mid-term. :o

Failed it in the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

I did the same in about 10 mins although that was my mid-term. :o

Failed it in the end :pac:

That's given me loads of confidence....

That's given me loads of confidence....

Yeah I'm just after realising that :P

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I did the same last semester, twas grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Does anyone know where the GYM is? I've an exam there and I'm guessing its not the arena?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where the GYM is? I've an exam there and I'm guessing its not the arena?

I would've imagined it was in the PESS building but that hall is SPALL I think? It could be in the arena. Not 100% sure.

I would've imagined it was in the PESS building but that hall is SPALL I think? It could be in the arena. Not 100% sure.

It's not today so I'll find it :) I've one in SPALL too :P

It's not today so I'll find it :) I've one in SPALL too :P

Yeah same here. Thankfully the exam is at 4pm instead of 9am where I'd have to leave my house at 8:30 in the morning :cool:

Yeah same here. Thankfully the exam is at 4pm instead of 9am where I'd have to leave my house at 8:30 in the morning :cool:

I was meant to leave my house this morning at 8:30 for the library but only woke up at 1:30 :pac: Oops.

I was meant to leave my house this morning at 8:30 for the library but only woke up at 1:30 :pac: Oops.

I intended to get up at 6 to go for a run and get ready to go to the library at 7:30. Didn't get up till 10 as I wanted to watch Maze Runner.

Maze Runner is actually a good movie. 8/10 would recommend.

I intended to get up at 6 to go for a run and get ready to go to the library at 7:30. Didn't get up till 10 as I wanted to watch Maze Runner.

Maze Runner is actually a good movie. 8/10 would recommend.

Yeah I saw it it's actually very good :D Effy (Kaya Scodelario) from Skins is in it :D

Yeah I saw it it's actually very good :D Effy (Kaya Scodelario) from Skins is in it :D

Haven't watched Skins before but I plan to once I finish Misfit this week.

It's probably a bad idea to have Netflix during your exams.. :o

Haven't watched Skins before but I plan to once I finish Misfit this week.

It's probably a bad idea to have Netflix during your exams.. :o

Watch Series 7 (it's when they've all grown up) its the best! Effy's episode in Series 7 are the best I think :P They are 'fire part 1' and 'fire part 2'

I better stop talking about Skins before I get carried away and can't stop talking about it :P

Watch Series 7 (it's when they've all grown up) its the best! Effy's episode in Series 7 are the best I think :P They are 'fire part 1' and 'fire part 2'

I better stop talking about Skins before I get carried away and can't stop talking about it :P

You probably should and next thing you know it, you'll have spoiled it for me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

It is in the PESS building there are two halls in there SPHALL and GYM one on the left and one on the right but don't ask me which is which...

Advertisement