Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Our house was spotlessly clean except for one bit. The oven and the cooker. The inspector was giving out yards about how disgraceful the place was... He ordered us to buy oven cleaner and clean the mess up.

I'm sorry, but an oven cleaner is 4.49 in Spar. I can't afford that shít just for one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'd say once you don't have hundreds in fines you can leave it slide.....I graduated with €23 ish of fines this August. Bold I know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is there anywhere in UL that students can use a projector to practice a presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Our house was spotlessly clean except for one bit. The oven and the cooker. The inspector was giving out yards about how disgraceful the place was... He ordered us to buy oven cleaner and clean the mess up.

I'm sorry, but an oven cleaner is 4.49 in Spar. I can't afford that shít just for one occasion.

There's cheap jif stuff in lidl that can be used on the hobs and surfaces and stuff too

I'm not living on campus so mine is probably different but our house passed the inspection and there was clothes all over the place and the cooker wasn't cleaned..

I thought they'd just be interested in checking fire alarms and the blinds and all that stuff :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Is there anywhere in UL that students can use a projector to practice a presentation?

Any empty room throughout the day? Log on is usually Local and local01

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm not living on campus so mine is probably different but our house passed the inspection and there was clothes all over the place and the cooker wasn't cleaned..

I thought they'd just be interested in checking fire alarms and the blinds and all that stuff :P

Sounds like brookfield :P

Is there anywhere in walking distance of UL that sell cheap & durable umbrellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Is there anywhere in walking distance of UL that sell cheap & durable umbrellas?

TK Maxx maybe??

When the library is busier than ever before, why are there less opening hours than before, rather than more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

sup_dude wrote: »
    When the library is busier than ever before, why are there less opening hours than before, rather than more?

Is it not open longer? Opens at 8am, closes at 12 now, rather than opening at 8.30 and closing at 11.

Is it not open longer? Opens at 8am, closes at 12 now, rather than opening at 8.30 and closing at 11.

Not compared to previous years.

It was open til 2am or something a year or two ago

It was open til 2am or something a year or two ago
    Yup, open from seven til 2am for the last few years. Strongly disliking these opening hours. I wonder does their boards account take PMs...

Yup, open from seven til 2am for the last few years. Strongly disliking these opening hours. I wonder does their boards account take PMs...

If you tweet them they will definitely reply. I'd imagine though the cost of keeping it open much later is probably quite high. In an ideal world it would be a 24h library. Maybe when the extension is built!

If you tweet them they will definitely reply. I'd imagine though the cost of keeping it open much later is probably quite high. In an ideal world it would be a 24h library. Maybe when the extension is built!

I'm one of those weird people without twitter :o

Possibly, but even so, it's only a few weeks and the most valuable weeks of the year for library use. With the huge amount of people using it during the term too, I don't there's a hope of getting a seat... At least last year, if you went in at about nine or ten, you still have a good few hours before it shut.

If they keep the Main Building open 24/7, would it not make sense to keep the library open 24/7 as well? The library is practically at it's doorstep?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If they keep the Main Building open 24/7, would it not make sense to keep the library open 24/7 as well? The library is practically at it's doorstep?

The Main Building requires no staff to keep open 24/7. It's monitored by security at night who would be on campus regardless of whether the Main Building is open or not.

The library would require at least minimal staff to keep it open 24/7. As hard as it is to imagine (and trust me, I'd love to be able to say it isn't the case, particularly as I'm a CSIS student who would given anything to have our building open longer) the college aren't closing when they do just for the sake of it.

I know, I know, two in the one day but... whyyyy is Groody Pizza now twenty euro to deliver?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I know, I know, two in the one day but... whyyyy is Groody Pizza now twenty euro to deliver?!

Turkuaz is much nicer, better value and cheaper delivery. It is further away admittedly, but worth it.

• Advertisement

Nicest pizza to get delivered? At the top of my list would be 4 seasons or White Star. Any other recommendations? Don't say Dominos, PJ or Apaches as I want something other than those brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nicest pizza to get delivered? At the top of my list would be 4 seasons or White Star. Any other recommendations? Don't say Dominos, PJ or Apaches as I want something other than those brands.

The House Pizza is nice enough and very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Pizza place in Drumroe is good too. On placement this semester so not sure if its still open but if it is I'd recommend it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

phish wrote: »
    Pizza place in Drumroe is good too. On placement this semester so not sure if its still open but if it is I'd recommend it.

Seconded.

I used to be a big advocate of Cedar House, but I can't recommend them anymore given their absolutely abhorrent customer service as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Also really like Kashmir Kebabs if your not looking for pizza.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Seconded.

I used to be a big advocate of Cedar House, but I can't recommend them anymore given their absolutely abhorrent customer service as of late.

pizzaco.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Aldi pizza and a bottle of wine on route to home :)

phish wrote: »
    Also really like Kashmir Kebabs if your not looking for pizza.

:D I've heard the stories alright

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

To the person on the first floor of the library who decided to blare their music, if you're gonna play it so loud that the rest of us can hear it you could at least pick something more decent than Taylor Swift -.-

• Advertisement

Went for the House pizza. Got a 16" pizza for myself and a friend for E10. It includes chips, a dip of your choice and 2 cans. Really good deal I think

Advertisement