Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you Come by YOUR team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You can add LuckyLloyd to the Jets fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Another Patriots fan here

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Thats actually very true. They started out in Boston but only for 11 years. Moved to Foxboro in 1971. Been there ever since.

All of the sports franchises in the New England area put alot of effort into incorporating all of the North Eastern states into their fan base. (The Celtics always have pre-season games in Connecticut....the Red Sox feeder team is in Pawtucket) Boston being the biggest city in the area means that alot of the fanbase comes from there......however the Patriots have huge following all across Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and Rhode Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The Patriots - NFL
    The Red Sox - MLB
    The Celtics - NBA

Its all Beantown baby !!!!!

Dont forget the Bruins they are coming along nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

All of the sports franchises in the New England area put alot of effort into incorporating all of the North Eastern states into their fan base. (The Celtics always have pre-season games in Connecticut....the Red Sox feeder team is in Pawtucket) Boston being the biggest city in the area means that alot of the fanbase comes from there......however the Patriots have huge following all across Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and Rhode Island.

I know. Don't undertstand why you quoted me telling me all this :D What Davyjose said is technically true they are not from Boston. I don't think he was talking about their fanbase. I spend alot of time there. Many of my friends are from the Northeast whether its MA or any of the other states you mentioned. You are preaching to a nearly life long pats fan lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

bobby wade wrote: »
    SHOUT IT OUT
    TROJANS! Fight on!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Eagles fan since 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Redskins fan, looks like I am the only one on here

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

I know. Don't undertstand why you quoted me telling me all this :D What Davyjose said is technically true they are not from Boston. I don't think he was talking about their fanbase. I spend alot of time there. Many of my friends are from the Northeast whether its MA or any of the other states you mentioned. You are preaching to a nearly life long pats fan lol

my mistake with the quote usage...sorry....I just wanted to say that all of the north eastern states provide a huge fanbase for the Pats, Red Sox or Celtics...and the Bruins ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Go Cards! NFC Champs!

Long suffering Cardinals fan here. Things have finally started to turn around.

Here's hoping Kurt, Larry, Q and co can go one better this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭boccy23

Main team is the New York Football Giants.

Started to follow them in 1985 when they lost to the Bears. Won it all the following year. Listened to the Redskins game on AFN if any one can remember the nights of listening to scratchy MW radio.

NCAA is the Purdue Boilermakers. Stayed in Laffeyette when at an F1 race and saw them play the Irish.

In baseball follow the Diamondbacks. Had a visit to Phoenix and went to see them in 1999.

Not that interested in NHL or NBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I SUPPORT THE DALLAS COWBOYS SINCE 2007. I SELECTED THE COWBOYS AS DALLS WAS THE FIRST AMERICAN CITY I VISITED. I WOULDNT CHANGE ALLEGIANCES EVEN IF YOU PAID ME. COWBOYS FOR SUPERBOWL XLIV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Might as well update this since I strangely can't edit my other post.

AFC

EAST
    Bills - themont85
    Dolphins – Icepickle, raddo,Miami 365
    Patriots – tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan
    Jets - SeekUp, LuckyLloyd

NORTH
    Browns – bacon bites
    Bengals -
    Steelers – The Munky, The Sparrow
    Ravens - mikemac,Stab City

SOUTH
    Colts – Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose
    Titans -
    Texans -
    Jaguars – Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O

WEST
    Chargers - Leslie 91
    Broncos - UhOh
    Raiders – Max Power1, heyjude
    Chiefs – Xavi6

NFC

EAST
    Giants - Hynzie, boccy23
    Cowboys - Het-Field
    Eagles – yupyup7up,titan18,Its so Easy
    Redskins - Cruiserweight

NORTH
    Packers – skeleton_boy
    Lions -
    Vikings -
    Bears – Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym

SOUTH
    Falcons -
    Buccaneers -
    Saints -
    Panthers -

WEST
    Seahawks - Royal Seahawk,Neil 3030
    49ers – Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice,Codofwar
    Cardinals - dougal
    Rams - Karlusss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Thats actually very true. They started out in Boston but only for 11 years. Moved to Foxboro in 1971. Been there ever since.

Is Foxborough in metro Boston? Or is it further afield than that? I always just assumed it was in the suburbs somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Karlusss wrote: »
    Is Foxborough in metro Boston? Or is it further afield than that? I always just assumed it was in the suburbs somewhere.

Further a field. Foxborough is its own town in Norfolk county. Boston is in Suffolk County.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Sea Devils, u got me..........

Massive Bolts Fan here.......

Won't bore with for X long etc........ just rest assured I've seen lots more thin than thick, and I am enjoying me some thick nowadays.

Go Chargers!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's in MASS, but nearer to Providence, RI, than Boston. I wouldn't mind, but my first ever trip to the states was to Boston, and within days of that we drove to providence, THROUGH Rhode island. That was the year after they won their first SB. We ended up Spending the Summer in Ocean City Maryland, a stones throw from Baltimore - the year the Ravens won the SB.

But as luck would have it, a few months before the Colts won the Superbowl, I met and fell for a girl from Indy, and that was that. Lol, I may be shallow, I may be weak, but at least I didn't go to Detroit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭boccy23

davyjose wrote: »
    It's in MASS, but nearer to Providence, RI, than Boston. I wouldn't mind, but my first ever trip to the states was to Boston, and within days of that we drove to providence, THROUGH Rhode island. That was the year after they won their first SB. We ended up Spending the Summer in Ocean City Maryland, a stones throw from Baltimore - the year the Ravens won the SB.

But as luck would have it, a few months before the Colts won the Superbowl, I met and fell for a girl from Indy, and that was that. Lol, I may be shallow, I may be weak, but at least I didn't go to Detroit :pac:

Spent a couple of days playing golf in Ocean City. Nice place. Went to an Orioles game when we were there but no Ravens game on the weekend we were in town. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Skins. :o
    Redskins fan, looks like I am the only one on here

Ahoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cincinnati Bengals:eek:

The only one by the looks of it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

deisedude wrote: »
    Cincinnati Bengals:eek:

The only one by the looks of it:(

The rest are stuck in jail with half the team.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

themont85 wrote: »
    The rest are stuck in jail with half the team.:pac:

Ha, too true!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭bobo the clown

Sorry if there is another thread posted but counldnt see anything. Just wondering who everyone follows and how you became a fan of that team as its not like soccer where your born into a family that supports 1 team and you either support that team or support another because your just a thick man haha...

Personally i support the eagles simply because when my aunty used to come home from america she used to bring me t-shirts and stuff when i was younger and then of course started playing madden 01 and was always the eagles.

Please share your story.

Plus any patriots fans . yere just glory hunters ha:P:D;):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

This thread probably covers what you were looking for
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636216

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sorry if there is another thread posted but counldnt see anything.
    raddo wrote: »
    This thread probably covers what you were looking for
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636216

Merged threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I have family around Boston and the New England area thats why I'm a Patroits, BC Eagles and Red Sox fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I am a Chargers fan myself, relatively new to the whole sport as of last year. I remeber watching the Superbowl years ago and not having a clue what was going on :D

Ending up buying Madden 10, picked the Chargers and never looked back. Get all the updates and watch the matches the whole time now, great stuff! Im kinda annoyed that Ladainian Tomlinson went to the Jets, but what can you do! <3 Darren Sproles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

donmeister wrote: »
    I am a Chargers fan myself, relatively new to the whole sport as of last year. I remeber watching the Superbowl years ago and not having a clue what was going on :D

Ending up buying Madden 10, picked the Chargers and never looked back. Get all the updates and watch the matches the whole time now, great stuff! Im kinda annoyed that Ladainian Tomlinson went to the Jets, but what can you do! <3 Darren Sproles

LT is more or less done. Forget about him. We move on, but looks like he has not what with all his whinging since he left. Bring on a new RB in round 2 or 3 of the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

Cardinals fan, just started watching nfl last yr before the superbowl. Twas a coin toss, steelers or cards. Happy with my choice ever since, not so happy with result! Last season wasn't too bad, this 1 could be a different story tho:eek::eek::eek:!! I think we will really struggle without Warner and Boldin.

Any other cards fans?? doesnt seem to be a popular team!! very little tv coverage

Advertisement