Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOVADO UMR - 3G USB router (For use with O2, Three & Vodafone)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

I have noticed a problem sometimes while connected.

Sometimes when I click onto a website, it launches the router page whilst connected to the other site.

Screen shot attached, any ideas why this is happening

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Digipass

Hi
    I've got the UMR and I am with Vodafone (K2520 Huawei modem).

I have "3G only" selected on the UMR settings, however, the modem still switches to 2G or GPRS from time to time (goes green, slows down).

Any suggestions as to how to make the modem stay at 3G only?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭DOVADO

Digipass wrote: »
    Hi
    I've got the UMR and I am with Vodafone (K2520 Huawei modem).

I have "3G only" selected on the UMR settings, however, the modem still switches to 2G or GPRS from time to time (goes green, slows down).

Any suggestions as to how to make the modem stay at 3G only?

Thanks.

Hi,

Did you Save & Restart after selecting 3G Only?

Also, how certain are you that it's 2G? Have you checked the actual light on the modem to see which mode it is indicating? If the router's user interface is showing 2G, then I suggest you go to the MODEM->MODEM STATUS page, perform a DISCONNECT, wait 30 seconds, and then push CONNECT again. See what happens.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Hi
    I recently reset my Dovado UMR and i can't seem to remember what's original password is. Can you help. Thanks

rob180 wrote: »
    Hi
    I recently reset my Dovado UMR and i can't seem to remember what's original password is. Can you help. Thanks

"password"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Thank you

Hi

I updated my 3GN router to the latest firmware 4.3.2

I have a Huawei K3765 dongle.

I have notice that since the upgrade, my dongle connects and is seen by the router. I have a connected signal but even though I' connected and have all lights and am connected wirelessly

I am not getting onto the internet

When I plug my dongle directly into my Mac, no problems, connection and can surf the Web

Is it just me or can someone maybe tell me if I am doing something wrong

The only difference between Sunday and Monday is the new Firmware

I have downloaded previous versions on the FW and will install a downgrade tonight and will post my findings

Any help appreciated

Hi

I updated my 3GN router to the latest firmware 4.3.2

I have a Huawei K3765 dongle.

I have notice that since the upgrade, my dongle connects and is seen by the router. I have a connected signal but even though I' connected and have all lights and am connected wirelessly

I am not getting onto the internet

When I plug my dongle directly into my Mac, no problems, connection and can surf the Web

Is it just me or can someone maybe tell me if I am doing something wrong

The only difference between Sunday and Monday is the new Firmware

I have downloaded previous versions on the FW and will install a downgrade tonight and will post my findings

Any help appreciated

Are you able to surf to to http://74.125.87.99 ?

Hi

Downgraded to 4.2.5 and it works

I have also noticed that the dongle seems to Freeze, in that the router is shown as connected, I am connected to the router and the dongle shows Cyan blue, yet it seems to freeze the router.

The admin page on the router keeps refreshing all the time and wont allow me to disconnect the dongle thereby making me shut down the router.

I am with VF and using a K3765

Hi

Downgraded to 4.2.5 and it works

I have also noticed that the dongle seems to Freeze, in that the router is shown as connected, I am connected to the router and the dongle shows Cyan blue, yet it seems to freeze the router.

The admin page on the router keeps refreshing all the time and wont allow me to disconnect the dongle thereby making me shut down the router.

I am with VF and using a K3765

Could you please save your configuration file first, and then proceed to firmware 4.3.3? It is up on our website.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭The_Rev

Hi Dovado,

Just bought one of your boxes the other day, works a charm for internet access thanks very much.

Just one query.

I can access my routers setup webpages using my public IP address on port 80. But am unable to setup access to my LAN from any other ports. DYNDNS is also working fine etc (only port 80).

Just wondering if ye know whether Mobile operator Three support inbound connections under the APN of 3internet.

If not and port 80 is the only port I can use, is it possible to 'redirect' port 80 to another device on my LAN instead of the router itself.

i.e. at the moment it WONT let you add the following into the Port Forwarding screen:

port protocol desination address destination port
    80 both 192.168.1.20 80

Do you know of any operators that will allow incoming traffic?
    Cheers if you can help.
    Rev.

IP Address:92.25x.x.x
    Access Point Name: 3internet
    Modem internal model:E180
    Product Name: Dovado 4GR
    Product Revision: 1.0
    Firmware Revision: 4.3.0.2852 official
    Firmware build date: 2010-09-27T07:52:27Z

OK, So I updated to the latest firmware... Now have SSL support for e-mail alert :) works fine too!

About redirecting port 80, I just saw where I can re-assign the web interface to another port. So I've done this, so now it's allowing me to port forward port 80 to another device on my LAN. So i've port forwarded from 80 to 192.168.x.x port 80 but this is not working either.

Surely this should work as I was able to access the router itself remotely on port 80.
    So therefore by port forwarding port 80 on to another device on my LAN I should be able to access that... So it can't be "Three" network stopping this?

Could there be any chance its a problem with the router itself?

I humbly apologise...

Unit is now port forwarding correctly using port 80. I hadn't setup the default gateway of my remote device to the dovado router.

Now, I wonder will that work for the other ports?

Rev.

:D
    After much work I now have everything working fine. No fault of the router. Operator error....

Turns out most ports are blocked at my work so duh, obviously not able to use them!

Now... where's the delete button to all my posts? :)

The_Rev wrote: »
    After much work I now have everything working fine. No fault of the router. Operator error....

Turns out most ports are blocked at my work so duh, obviously not able to use them!

Now... where's the delete button to all my posts? :)

Sorry about not jumping in sooner! Glad to learn something new about how things work over there!

Thanks for all the posts - please keep them up for others to learn from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Wireless internet with Three has stopped working. I'm connected wirelessly to the router but no internet. No problem connecting with a cable.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Wireless internet with Three has stopped working. I'm connected wirelessly to the router but no internet. No problem connecting with a cable.

Any ideas?

What modem model?
    What router?
    Does it work if the modem is plugged directly into your computer?

breathn wrote: »
    What modem model?
    What router?
    Does it work if the modem is plugged directly into your computer?

Huawei E122
    original dovado, whatever model that is.
    didn't try that, but would assume it does as i'm online through network cable right now.

Huawei E122
    original dovado, whatever model that is.
    didn't try that, but would assume it does as i'm online through network cable right now.

Can you connect to the network wirelessly? I'm aware that you cannot connect to the internet..

And if so, can you connect to the router's control pane? ie "192.168.0.1".

NoDrama wrote: »
    Can you connect to the network wirelessly? I'm aware that you cannot connect to the internet..

And if so, can you connect to the router's control pane? ie "192.168.0.1".

yes and no.

• Advertisement

yes and no.
    Hi Nick,

I presume your pc is a windows machine?

Can you go to the "cmd" prompt and enter "ipconfig" with out quotes, which will display your network adapter settings.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > command prompt

Can you note the "IPv4 Address" and "Default Gateway".
    And maybe display back here.

Also have you got any other device which can connect to the router wirelessly?

Hi Nick,

Can you go to the "cmd" prompt and enter "ipconfig" with out quotes, which will display your network adapter settings.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home. Yes my PS3 connects wirelessly, but has dones so since last Feb., this has only been happening in the last two weeks. Kid2 d/loaded FIFA11 demo on saturday so that was fine ,edit - not sure if it was connected by wire or not!>.....my HTC isn't picking up dovado and it used to.
    One other change - hooked up a blu-ray player to the network
    (wired) but this only replaced the tv which was already connected (wired also). Neither are currently connected.
    Actually, come to think of it, I've been getting an error message lately saying that another device with the same IP address was being detected.

Hi Nick,

IPv4 Address for wireless is proceeded by ''Autoconfiguration'' and is 169.254.179.67
    Default gateway: is blank

• Registered Users Posts: 1 innosia

Hi I am new here

I am browsing around and find topics about 3G USB router...

I want to ask,
    1. Is this router has 3G modem built in or we plugged in USB modem into its USB port?
    2. Is this router has more usb port so we can plugged in external hard drive and start sharing the hard drive over 3G?

What i want is to share external hard drive over 3G without pc. Is that possible?

innosia wrote: »
    Hi I am new here

I want to ask,
    1. Is this router has 3G modem built in or we plugged in USB modem into its USB port?
    2. Is this router has more usb port so we can plugged in external hard drive and start sharing the hard drive over 3G?

What i want is to share external hard drive over 3G without pc. Is that possible?

You need to insert a USB modem into the router in order to connect to the Internet. The great thing about it is the wide range of support for all the various USB modems out there. Each new generation of modems offer faster speeds (provided the networks do so as well).

The 4GR model of DOVADO router has 2 USB ports. Support for Hard Drives is something we're looking at, but I cannot reveal the time-plan. You'll just have to sign up for a firmware update notification on http://www.dovado.com/firmware

Thanks

My recommendation would be to aquire a NAS for your home network. Network Attached Storage is basically a hard drive hooked up directly to your network.

Your 3G router or any other router can then "port forward" ftp/http traffic as required to this NAS and you can access its files from anywhere over the web.

The one's I use are from a crowd called Synology (google them).

To be honest though, you're not going to get great bandwidth or speed with 3G dongle internet, so you'd be best off getting some free web space somewhere and using that to store shared files over the internet.

Rev.
    innosia wrote: »
    Hi I am new here

I want to ask,

Hi Dovado,

This one's for you guys.

I've the 4GR which remains on 24/7. I have the Connection Tracker in place to ping an internet server every 5 minutes and to "Redial and Restart" after 3 failed attempts.

I have come across a couple of scenarios where the 4GR has lost internet connection and has failed to re-establish itself even after waiting for hours.

When I login to the unit and issue a restart the unit still fails to establish a connection to the internet.

It's only when I do a hard power off/on does the unit re-establish connection to internet.

So my question is. What does the unit do differently during a software reset opposed to a hardware reset? Is there any way of performing a powerdown of the USB dongle during software reset?

Or will I just make a hardware ping watchdog switch myself using a network relay :) LOL

Hi Dovado,

This one's for you guys.

I've the 4GR which remains on 24/7. I have the Connection Tracker in place to ping an internet server every 5 minutes and to "Redial and Restart" after 3 failed attempts.

I have come across a couple of scenarios where the 4GR has lost internet connection and has failed to re-establish itself even after waiting for hours.

When I login to the unit and issue a restart the unit still fails to establish a connection to the internet.

It's only when I do a hard power off/on does the unit re-establish connection to internet.

So my question is. What does the unit do differently during a software reset opposed to a hardware reset? Is there any way of performing a powerdown of the USB dongle during software reset?

Or will I just make a hardware ping watchdog switch myself using a network relay :) LOL

Hi,

Our recommendations are available on our FAQ. I only wish more people would read it! ;-)

http://www.dovado.com/FAQ.html#routerdrop

Cheers

OK, so the software reset doesn't "power cycle" the dongle. But wouldn't a simple addition of a Relay on your PCB be a very nice solution to that problem? On reset energise the relay to break the NC connection to the +5V USB power. Hey presto, problem solved...

• Advertisement

OK, so the software reset doesn't "power cycle" the dongle. But wouldn't a simple addition of a Relay on your PCB be a very nice solution to that problem? On reset energise the relay to break the NC connection to the +5V USB power. Hey presto, problem solved...

That's not in par with USB standards specifications. This setup exists in most laptop computers as well. USB ports are powered as long as power is coming into the laptop computer.

Advertisement