Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

gfinn wrote: »
    I'm seeing the time in the EPG getting mixed up a bit over the last week or so though. Sometimes an hour fast, sometimes correct.

That's been the case for months now. More often the time is 1 hour behind (GMT?) rather than correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

Strange, I'm seeing the "wall clock" time an hour fast or correct. For example if I set the timer for CSI at 21:00 the tv will switch on at 20:00 (Sony Bravia). I've only noticed this within the last month but I saw posts a while back complaining of the wrong time (fast or slow, I don't remember). I wasn't seeing the same problem back then....but I only watch the box for an hour or 2 in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Three Rock is back alright but the Service type must have been changed again to possibly 0x16 -didnt check the stream with TSreader - but an LZD81 wouldnt scan freshly.

I suggest you switch off your network messages on the panisonics so that it wont rescan and lose CH54.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

In Tullamore area and the mpeg4 test is not working since last week for me. Pity considering analogue reception here is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dugganb

Got my Terratec H5 today, :)

Perfect DTT picture from Spur Hill (Cork) with the supplied indoor aerial.

I'm based near Ballincollig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

RTE1 on test bars tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

RTÉ One back here on Truskmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

STB wrote: »
    Three Rock is back alright but the Service type must have been changed again to possibly 0x16 -didnt check the stream with TSreader - but an LZD81 wouldnt scan freshly.

I suggest you switch off your network messages on the panisonics so that it wont rescan and lose CH54.

Did a scan yesterday and all tv channels were saved as radio!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Can someone confirm if the audio is out of sync on TV3 from mt leinster, or is just me?

Also, The times on the EPG seem to be an hour ahead of the real times. Is this the case for everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

marathont : Just checked , I've got audio problem from mount leinster too (I use an internet based epg grabber so can't comment on the EPG)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Peddyr

marathont wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the audio is out of sync on TV3 from mt leinster, or is just me?

Also, The times on the EPG seem to be an hour ahead of the real times. Is this the case for everyone?

Three Rock and Kippure also out of sync tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fredd

RTE1 has had poor lip sync for weeks

Yep noticed that last night on TV3 thought it was box playing up switched off and reset still the same on TV3 although the rest were in sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

TV3 finally seems to be setting the correct aspect ratio on its programming. 4:3 panscan actually works now. Previously, it looked like 4:3 in 4:3 letterbox -- awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Just tuned in the Irish digital channels tonite , is it normal for TV3 to be out of synch sound wise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not normal but that's the way it is :D
    Miles out of sync

Seven Worlds will Collide

Barr wrote: »
    Just tuned in the Irish digital channels tonite , is it normal for TV3 to be out of synch sound wise ?

Been like that for over a week engineers must be deaf!!! then again it is only a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

John Dough wrote: »
    Been like that for over a week engineers must be deaf!!! then again it is only a test.
    Fixed now since before lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I noticed the picture is out of sync with the audio on RTE 1 from Spur Hill the other night. Not sure if the other channels are affected.

Any plans to fix this RTENL engineers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

thejuggler wrote: »
    I noticed the picture is out of sync with the audio on RTE 1 from Spur Hill the other night. Not sure if the other channels are affected.

Any plans to fix this RTENL engineers?

The engineers aren't allowed to comment directly on here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭thejuggler

smccarrick wrote: »
    The engineers aren't allowed to comment directly on here :)

I wonder why that is? Maybe its being done on purpose to stop us watching before the 'ofeeshal' launch.

Its interesting that none of the papers have commented on the tests using the 'waste of taxpayers money' angle transmitting the channels for months before launch.

Years...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

Anyone in the midlands Offaly region able to pick up these tests as I used to until around 2 weeks ago but no joy now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Is anyone still having problems with lip sync? I don't think mine has been in sync for months. I'm tuned to 794MHz on a ClarkTech 5000C. I'm not sure which transmitter I'm using because we are equidistant between Three Rock, Clermont Carn and Carn Hill.

Also the 7 day EPG isn't quite right. It loses some program titles to be replace with the text "(null)". The times and program descriptions are all correct - the problem is only with the titles. I'm not sure if these issues are just with the Clark Tech. Everything was perfect when it was MPEG2. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Schintzel

yellabelly wrote: »
    Is anyone still having problems with lip sync? I don't think mine has been in sync for months. I'm tuned to 794MHz on a ClarkTech 5000C. I'm not sure which transmitter I'm using because we are equidistant between Three Rock, Clermont Carn and Carn Hill.

Also the 7 day EPG isn't quite right. It loses some program titles to be replace with the text "(null)". The times and program descriptions are all correct - the problem is only with the titles. I'm not sure if these issues are just with the Clark Tech. Everything was perfect when it was MPEG2. Thanks

The null problem was fixed by a recent firmware update, you can get the latest release here. A bonus is that the switching time between channels has been halved as well, now 1 and 2s for mpg2 and mpg4 respectively.:D
    Haven't seen any lip sync problems recently from CC but noticed this morning that TV3 has gone back to a test signal. Pity because they only recently switched to a proper widescreen picture from a stretched 4:3:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fredd

I agree on the "null" issue. Was fixed by installing 179 firmware. However I feel that RTE1 is slightly loose on lip sync on DTT but looks fine on SKY. TV3 is on colour bars from Three Rock at the moment. Also digital subtitle not available on DTTas yet.

yellabelly wrote: »

All fine on all channels from 3Rock. Previous issue (mostly with TV3) resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

TV3 test card on Mt Leinster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Same - Test card on Mahera & Cairn Hill - no great loss

BTW Kippure is well down on power here(44% instead of 80) unusable

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Thanks for the help. Clark Tech EPG sorted after firmware upgrade to 1.79. Also ITV HD working perfectly for the first time.
    Channels on 794MHz are all down tonight so perhaps this was coming from Kippure.

Advertisement