Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Skatedude wrote: »
    I still have a few meal tickets, and a few berget dollars, so just need a few hours with the photo copier

Berget dollars will look different this year ;) NATO will shoot counterfeiters :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Renius wrote: »
    Man i wish i'd heard about this earlier! My girlfriend is from just outside Sundsvall (just got back from spending new years there yesterday:D) so it would have been handy as hell to get to Harnosand! Hope you all have a great one! I'll def be signing up for the next one!

If you are serious about attending, a ticket could certainly be arranged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Cheers Kjsaw i'll do some research into it to check out how much it'll cost me etc and i'll get back to you! what's the dates for the event i havent had a chance to read the whole thread?

thanks again for the offer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Renius wrote: »
    Cheers Kjsaw i'll do some research into it to check out how much it'll cost me etc and i'll get back to you! what's the dates for the event i havent had a chance to read the whole thread?

thanks again for the offer:)

Date: Wednesday the 24th - Sunday 28th of June 2009
    Check in opens: Tuesday 23th 09:00 CET

Game start: 22:00 CET Wednesday the 24th
    Game ends: 20:00 CET Saturday the 27th.
    Beer party starts: 21:00 CET Saturday the 27th
    Beer party ends: 03:00 CET Sunday the 28th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Thanks for that Lemming :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

kjsaw wrote: »
    Berget dollars will look different this year ;) NATO will shoot counterfeiters :P

NATO will shoot counterfeiters for making shabby copies.

Good counterfeits - You'll get a promotion!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Guys what do you think of the card deck thing they've been talking on the berget forums? Personally I like the idea of the war cards its kinda cool It'd be cool for looking for key targets of the enemy force and just for a souvenir in general

For anyone who has no idea what I'm on about
    http://www.berget-events.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4957&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=d89b87defd381f369642d5c31e5ee32f

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Souvenir, maybe. As for tracking down the opposition leaders, that's a bit too close to the real world (discredited) psyops in Iraq. And they need to NOT use people's photos without permission.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats a deadly idea., and i collect playing cards too so even better., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Personallyi think it would be a great idea. A great souvenir to have.

• Advertisement

I agree with OzCam on this one.

If there's anyone remaining who hasn't paid for their ticket yet, use it or lose it.

From Berget-events:
    "There are about 80 tickets going to be deleted soon. If you lose your NATO-ticket there is a great risk that you won't get a second chance of getting one.

If you need your payment information or help in how to pay, please email payment@berget-events.com"

Berget Forum post

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Dog - dogs - NATO I- reland {Republic} X
    F**k me - dogs - NATO - Ireland {Republic} X
    F**k me - dogs - NATO - Ireland {Republic} X

Is someone taking the proverbial or what?? There cant be an airsoft player called F**k Me?

Conkey wrote: »
    Is someone taking the proverbial or what?? There cant be an airsoft player called F**k Me?

No, somebody probably thought it would be funny to sign his mates up as "f**k me". Happened to one of the lads last year too with a name I wont write here.

What I want to know is who are the 12 guys on "Foireann Féin" (!) from Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Probably some ex-pats?

Probably some ex-pats?

I figured as much, though probably not the whole team. But still...

Berget-events:

"There will soon be some NATO-tickets available for sale.

The price will be 118 EURO each.

If you are interrested, email to info@berget-events.com with "NATO-ticket" as topic for your email. Write how many tickets you want and we will contact you when they are available. These tickets will be available from unpaid NATO players."

Berget forum post

Time to start looking at tickets and flights and the like.

I'm planning on heading over on the Sunday (21st June) to give myself another day in Stockholm since I got to see little of it.

Is there anyone else interested in heading over that little bit earlier? I'm having a look at hotels now, hence anyone who is interested let me know asap

I'll go Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, depending on which day is cheapest. Might swing back through Denmark on the way home. It would be nice to see Stockholm, but hotel accommodation for 3 nights might be expensive.

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    I'll go Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, depending on which day is cheapest. Might swing back through Denmark on the way home. It would be nice to see Stockholm, but hotel accommodation for 3 nights might be expensive.

Cheapest flight is Sunday. Monday's has gone up. Tuesday means sorting your train times for the same day as well realistically, unless you want to turn up on Wednesday.

I'm working off the assumption of Sunday 21 - Mon 29th (so that's three nights in total required in Stockholm; Sun 21, Mon 22, Sun 28). That's an instant 1912 SEK (€175) for flights + the €20 or so for "special baggage"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lemming wrote: »
    Time to start looking at tickets and flights and the like.

I'm planning on heading over on the Sunday (21st June) to give myself another day in Stockholm since I got to see little of it.

Is there anyone else interested in heading over that little bit earlier? I'm having a look at hotels now, hence anyone who is interested let me know asap

Yep, I'm good with taking the whole week and hanging about.

Got my flights booked; Sun 21st June (13.15) & Mon 29th June (09.50)

Grabbed those same flights just there. Will ring them later on about kit.

EDIT: Actually it looks like you can do that online. After you book (or if you go 'find a booking' and enter your details later), there's a "10% discount on sporting equipment" box up the top right, and "sporting weapons" is one of the options.

Don't know about you folks but I'm considering flying with Ryanair.

I intend to ship the gear on a pallet because lets face it, we will each have ALOT of gear. I'm not just taking guns and ammo, but vest, trousers boots, pots, pans etc...
    Whatsmore, to further balance the cost, one could ad their regualr luggage to the pallet.

Has anyone else thought of this in enough detail to discover any flaws that I've not yet noticed?

Don't know about you folks but I'm considering flying with Ryanair.

Has anyone else thought of this in enough detail to discover any flaws that I've not yet noticed?

Check the weight of your gear that you intend to bring onto a ryanair flight before you book. They have rather small weight limits and fairly high charges.

Also. Ryanair don't fly into Arlanda (Stockholm airport). They fly into Skavsta which is approximately 100km south of Stockholm. Theere are buses running to Stockholm 15-20 times a day at a journey time of around 1 hour 20 mins and it'll cost you roughly €18 return. To give you a comparison, Arlanda is 45km outside the city and serviced with an express train that runs regularly and takes 20 minutes into central station.

Info taken from here

Oh I know, I've been through Skavsta before.
    But I'm thinking that this far in advance, one could get a really cheap ticket to Skavsta.
    As for Ryanairs baggage, I think it's great because there is a 10KG carry on allowance.
    10KG! I mean, that's more than enough for a long weekend anywhere!

I think it would be great to get onto a ryanair flight with just enough gear for a day or two in Stockholm + all the travelling to Harnosand, and then collect all your gear there.

But I'm thinking that this far in advance, one could get a really cheap ticket to Skavsta.
    As for Ryanairs baggage, I think it's great because there is a 10KG carry on allowance.

I think it would be great to get onto a ryanair flight with just enough gear for a day or two in Stockholm + all the travelling to Harnosand, and then collect all your gear there.

You'd think 10kg is enough for anywhere but you will honestly be surprised when you see just how much everything weighs. Remember you need to be fairly self-sufficient for 4/5 days plus a couple of days either side.

Just check a rough estimate of the weight before you book. That's all I'm saying.

If you're not going to use a whole pallet, I'd probably be willing to chip in on one :-) Let us know who you go withfor shipping and an idea of rates.

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    You'd think 10kg is enough for anywhere but you will honestly be surprised when you see just how much everything weighs. Remember you need to be fairly self-sufficient for 4/5 days plus a couple of days either side.

Just check a rough estimate of the weight before you book. That's all I'm saying.

Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up, but as regards carry on....10KG would easily cover changes of cloths, a towel, a book or two, ipod and toothbrush.

Everything else...and I mean EVERYTHING (pots, pans, ratpacks, boots, spare boots, socks, hats, glasses, jackets, guns, back ups, chargers, bbs, radio, vest, accesories, fatigues, spare fatigues, water, maintenance equipment, washing stuff + anything else you can think of) could easily go ontop because the most expensive hurdle is getting the pallet/space on the truck.
    Once you have that much, weight doesn't become a big issue the way it would on a plane so I figured one would make the most of it.
    Even more so if there are more people involved.

Gerrowadat, not sure who I'm using yet because I have accounts with a few different companies. Rhenus are usually cheapest but I can't get an accurate quote untill I know how much it will weigh.

Advertisement