Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lemming wrote: »
    You'd think 10kg is enough for anywhere but you will honestly be surprised when you see just how much everything weighs. Remember you need to be fairly self-sufficient for 4/5 days plus a couple of days either side.

Just check a rough estimate of the weight before you book. That's all I'm saying.

I had 65kilos with me last year. I weigh 70. I think the lads will agree, it was interesting watching me try to get around.

Ryanair will blast you on hidden charges, their fares never work out cheap in the end. And after last year I would say a pallet is overkill. I aim to be around 30 kilos this year, don't need anywhere near what I brought last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I had 65kilos with me last year. I weigh 70. I think the lads will agree, it was interesting watching me try to get around.

Ryanair will blast you on hidden charges, their fares never work out cheap in the end. And after last year I would say a pallet is overkill. I aim to be around 30 kilos this year, don't need anywhere near what I brought last year.

There will be a few of us availing of the pallet.

And Ryanairs charges aren't hidden, I find them quite clearly displayed when I book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I was told by Ozcam that there is a limit on the amount of guns that you can have per case anyone have any idea on this because I havent found anything myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I decided to pack a small tool kit and the most common spare parts instead of bringing a complete spare gun with me. The aim of the game will be to pack as light as possible and remember, everything you decide to bring with you, you are gonna have to carry for a long time so pack light people.,:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

what can be bought on site ??
    bbs obviously , but mags etc ???

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »

From the looks of the pics from last year absolutely everything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I heard there was a G&G deader there and some stall doing upgrades and repairs, however, after seeing a couple of the guns that came from that repair service, i would strongly advise people against relying on them. They did a terrible job of the 2 i worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I was told by Ozcam that there is a limit on the amount of guns that you can have per case anyone have any idea on this because I havent found anything myself

Not heard anything on this - or at least nothing springs to mind. You will get nailed per case. So don't go bringing your entire collection with you ...
    There will be a few of us availing of the pallet.

And Ryanairs charges aren't hidden, I find them quite clearly displayed when I book.

I would strongly suggest that you investigate the pallet costs before you book a ryanair flight. I was getting nutty quotes last year on a pallet. I may have been doing it wrong, but be forewarned and forearmed with the figures. Ryanair don't handle booking corrections well.

I'm not trying to talk you out of using ryanair (it's your call after all), but I'd rather not see anyone getting utterly, utterly f*cked on baggage charges or having to pay for another flight with another carrier because of underestimation on pallet/shipping costs (remember it's also a two-way deal).
    horgan_p wrote: »
    I heard there was a G&G deader there and some stall doing upgrades and repairs, however, after seeing a couple of the guns that came from that repair service, i would strongly advise people against relying on them. They did a terrible job of the 2 i worked on.

Considering I picked up an M41A aliens pulse rifle kit, and there are several pictures of me with an obscene grin on my face whilst holding a VFC Barrett, and I got to play with some Real-Sword AKs ... you can pick up about anything.

As for the G&G upgrade service, apparently they were a bit hit or miss all right. They weren't the only ones doing upgrades but they were the most high-profile I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Taking a STAR M4A1, very easy to up-grade and downgrade. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I rechecked this, and I apologise that I didn't make clear earlier that this rule is an extra one specific to the flybe airline (BE).

Aer Lingus and SAS use the standard IATA and ICAO General Conditions of Carriage which doesn't specify a maximum number of items per case.

Both EI and SK specify that firearms must be disassembled or dismantled.

EI also have a maximum weight limit of 15kg per item for "Sports Equipment". If over this weight an additional €9 per kilo will apply, on top of the €40 firearms charge, per case, per sector.

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »
    Both EI and SK specify that firearms must be disassembled or dismantled.

Note of course that airsoft kit is not a firearms so disassembly is not necessarily mandatory. Airsoft is well known in Sweden so you should encounter few problems from Swedish airport police or officials. In Ireland, once you can show that you've taken reasonable steps to disable your AEG (no ammo, no battery plugged in, fuse removed - if yuo want to take it that far) airport police are not going to go nutty on you.

I would hazard an educated guess that a large reason for the firearms requirements is that you don't need a battery to work a firearm. Just rounds in the chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Note of course that airsoft kit is not a firearms so disassembly is not necessarily mandatory.

Not mandatory, of course. My point is that the more steps you take to physically show that it's safe, the faster you're likely to get through security.

They don't care what it is, they just want to see that you've abided by the regulations as best you can. If you can exceed the minimum requirements, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Taking a STAR M4A1, very easy to up-grade and downgrade. ;)

excellent choice my friend. Mine served me well last year and will do again this year. :D

Last year the stores at the safe zone had loads of upgrade springs at really good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

In terms of being able to buy things at the game, generally there has been one of the swedish stores having a tent. They take a bunch of stock with them, and you can also order ahead of time and then guarantee they will have what you want. I will post here when we know what options will be available.

Also. Might seem a no brainer; Magazines should be checked in, they might be plastic toys to us, but the guys running the security get paranoid when seeing such shapres on the xray about such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Flights booked for

Me, Conkey and Cuddles. Heading on the same flights as Lemming.

:) had a really bad scare. Prices were normal. It timed out on my system and when I went back process had tripled. Booked from another PC and all was fine. Watch out of those insane cookies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i found a supplier for the armbands, so i'll see about a group order once we get player id numbers

Skatedude wrote: »
    i found a supplier for the armbands, so i'll see about a group order once we get player id numbers

Nice because I was dreading having to try use the sewing machine again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Flights booked. Looks like I really am going:eek:

Nice because I was dreading having to try use the sewing machine again.

They will number them for us, and they also do medic ones so i'll pick up a few when i put the order in

Urghh, glad somebody else is doing all the planning for me. Does everybody have their train tickets booked yet?

• Advertisement

Urghh, glad somebody else is doing all the planning for me.

Same as last year? :p
    Does everybody have their train tickets booked yet?

Don't even bother until the end of March. Unless you want to pay over the odds of course.

Saw this and though of you Skatedude.

http://www.firebox.com/product/1774/Super-Solar-Shower

Think i might pick one up.

looks good, i had a similer idea of buying a 5 gallon plastic container when we get there and a can of matt black spray paint in the big store near the site. The sun during the day is more then strong enough to heat up the water for a shower. but that looks handier.
    You can deal with a lot more crap and heat if you can have a wash everyday

K, bought 2 to bring with us, and a rubber duck

Sweet,a rubber ducky!! Screw airsoft, can I play with it?

Did they not provide showers in a local gym last year?

Did they not provide showers in a local gym last year?

Nope. Dunno where you heard that one.

Nope. Dunno where you heard that one.

I thought it said it in the brief thing I'll have a look tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

looks like im in for this.
    W00t!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

I think you are talking about this?? Never looked for it.. Never used it!:p
    Hygiene
    We will supply toilets in the main Safe-zone and in all main bases. We will also provide showers in main Safe-zone. Showers and saunas are also available free of charge in Härnösand at Högslätten sports center. We strongly recommend that everyone washes daily, since poor hygiene can lead to skin and stomach problems. There are large bodies of water around the game area which can be used for washing; bring towel, soap and shampoo.

And if you wish to brave the "Large bodies" of water. Go nuts my friend. Iceberg ahoy!!:D

• Advertisement

They do say there is a local swimming pool "near" the site but never knew were it was so just used the ice cold one's they have available.
    It was like getting hit with the water from a fire hose.

Advertisement