Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

I'd say as the commander it is my prerogative to wear whatever I want ;) follow my lead.

Technically you are correct, but if you feel like throwing on some jellybean cams, people will most likely love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Hmm you think they'd object to us bringing mountain bikes with us? :P

Should hopefully be going if I can get a spot on the NATO side. doc said he was dropping out and said I could have his place so the money is sitting here waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

kjsaw wrote: »
    - Cold showers.... You wee girl ;) (Before this berget showers had never been available)

Viking was the only one who didn't scream like, well like I don't know what?? A ferret dipped in acid maybe? But that’s only because he's a giant Norse guy who beats the dirt off his undercarriage with a big hammer. :p
    kjsaw wrote: »
    - I know the story behind the portaloo situation. At berget 5 we had more for less people, and it was fine. As I understand it, the order for the portaloo's went in too close to berget 6, so while they got everything that was available close by, it was not enough. I will be on them this year not to repeat the same mistake.

Hehehe.. Funny night to be honest. Haling a 4 foot long rocket home. Even funnier, when we were heading back to the base I asked one of the guys how are the lads at the base going to know we are not the enemy??? We got shot!

Man Berget 6 was bloody class!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Conkey wrote: »
    Even funnier, when we were heading back to the base I asked one of the guys how are the lads at the base going to know we are not the enemy??? We got shot!

<sigh>

Passwords? Radios? Basic stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »
    <sigh>

Passwords? Radios? Basic stuff like that.

The challenge/id wasn't given to us before we departed since we were sent oout at the start of the game. Field radios weren't working at that stage too - issues with the repeater I think. And we didn't know what frequencies any other units were using for their private radios.

Sh*t happens. Nobody copped it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

This is beginning to sound more and more challenging and uncomfortable and strenuous......Can't freakin' wait :D

Lemming wrote: »
    The challenge/id wasn't given to us before we departed since we were sent oout at the start of the game. Field radios weren't working at that stage too - issues with the repeater I think. And we didn't know what frequencies any other units were using for their private radios.

Oh. OK then. Set up an ORP and send a scout to make contact with the FFL. Wave a blue armband :)

If a blue-on-blue happens in the forest, and no-one hears it, did it really happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

As for me, I organise the travel info, not the fighting. There are a few others I'd think better at leading than I whom I wont name right now. Plus ... if I'm carrying the M60 I wont be in much of a position to command.

Your bring the M60 back? Sweet love of God, that thing destroyed me in 10 minutes.

Your bring the M60 back? Sweet love of God, that thing destroyed me in 10 minutes.

10 kg of loud, angry, sweet, sweet metal beauty :D

And four weeks before we go to sweden I'll be hauling 25kg plus on exercise (including the sick bits of 'P' company, E&E + interrogation if caught) in Herefordshire. Roll on selection *

* Sanity & I parted company a long time ago

Yeah the first evening is hectic and there is a big chance for "small" things to get missed. We have started early this year to get our communications nd information flow sorted early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

10 kg of loud, angry, sweet, sweet metal beauty :D

And four weeks before we go to sweden I'll be hauling 25kg plus on exercise (including the sick bits of 'P' company, E&E + interrogation if caught) in Herefordshire. Roll on selection *

* Sanity & I parted company a long time ago

Sanity... Lemming... Nooooooooo.

How the hell you lugged that M60 up the firetrap that day is beyond me!:eek:

There are now only five days left to pay for your ticket before the price increases to €108 per ticket.

Kjsaw, unclaimed tickets are to be taken back on the 7th of December right?

There are now only five days left to pay for your ticket before the price increases to €108 per ticket.

Kjsaw, unclaimed tickets are to be taken back on the 7th of December right?

Sitting next to the berget-events guy as I answer this, so you can take it as gospel; You have 30 days from the date you booked your ticket to make payment, the payment you make is whatever price the ticket was when you booked it (should be in your confirmation email). Once the 30 days has passed the ticket will taken away and you would need to rebook at whatever the prevailing price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Does that mean extra tcikets for each side are released randomly or are they released on the date the price goes up (in this case the 7th)?

It means they are released as 30 days from the booking date is exceeded and the tickets remain unpaid.... So "randomly" could be a way to characterize that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Not sure, but i think lemmings m60 was shooting at 280fps? i'd love to see it at the limit of 450 for berget, Now that will keep peoples heads down

Skatedude wrote: »
    Not sure, but i think lemmings m60 was shooting at 280fps? i'd love to see it at the limit of 450 for berget, Now that will keep peoples heads down

I had the spring upgraded at the event. She was firing about 108m/s I believe; so around 350fps with a .2g bb? Now consider that I use .25s so that drops a little.

Strategic points

'Strategic points (SP) will be marked on all players maps. They can be found throughout the gamearea and have a great value for your team, some of them may also be heavy fortified with bunkers or buildings.

An SP will be marked with a 3meter flagpole with five flags. Only one flag can be raised at the time which means that the team holding it will raise their flag. On gamestart all flags will be raised with civilian flags (green white).

At the strategic point [Oz: while you are holding it] your teammates can respawn (30 minutes of waiting) without getting back to your homebase. If you are waiting to respawn in a SP and enemy forces takes control over it and raises their flag, you are all dead and will have to move to next friendly SP or homebase to respawn. Medics can also resuply their bandages at a SP.

Note!
    Offgame or wounded players waiting for medic can not raise the flag!'

Wormbyte's comment about treating them as FOBs is the most sensible in the discussion so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sounds like a great idea.

Just paid up yesterday, but I'd been trying to get in touch with them all week...with no response.

I hope this doesn't hold me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Paid today. Roll on the summer !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Paid yesterday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I'm all paid up too., :) (cheers for the reminder lemming.)
    cant wait for this.,

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

All paid up myself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Me and H.p, payed up.

Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Paid aswell :)

Edit: My name isn't on the list as paid yet even though I paid on the 27th, think I might have forgot to put my ticket id in when I paid, mailed them to sort it out though.

We have the following still listed as unpaid (or at least haven't said they've paid and just awaiting update, e.g. fayer, mad ozzie, etc.).
    • NakedHedgeHog
    • Dar
    • muscles
    • longbow
    • passion fingers (CTG)

Ozzie, passion fingers (whoever that is) is listed as CTG ... do you know what's going on with their ticket?

I've left a voice mail with Dar about it, and longbow (Al) & muscles (Kev) are sorting their tickets tonight.

That leaves just NakedHedgeHog. Does anyone have contact info for him and if so could you pm me please?

Have been trying to get in touch with him for the last 2 days.
    He has the habit of f***ing everything he touches, so we call him (passion fingers).

As soon as I hear from him ill let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I've just sent Mr Hedgehog a txt asking / reminding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Got an email back from Berget events about my payment, all sorted now.

• Advertisement

Passion fingers, said he paid for his ticket yesterday.
    So he will be with us :D
    Great lad to through in the enemy base if there is somthing we want to stop working ;)

Just dont let him have a go of your M60 Lemming, and all will be fine. I hope :)

Advertisement