Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

whydave wrote: »
    This is as pre-order. Orders will be shipped in order received
    Release date is set for the 4th Quarter this year.
    MAGPUL PTS PDR
    -Similar construction materials to MAGPUL Masada.
    -Accepts M4 magazines
    -Lipo battery to be located in grip.

Link

I wonder if it will be better than the masada, and who the OEM is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

A video by shwell on an interesting product by elite force that I hope gets released by them or other companies around the world.

After building a version 2 gearbox today out of different parts, this would have made it a lot easier.

link

Airsoft GI's first look at the production model of KWA kriss.

Link because I appear to have forgotten how to embed youtube videos :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

I was putting the link in from the "v=" not from after the "=" that's why it wouldn't work thanks. Hadn't done it in months so forgot how.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Anyone notice this pic on VFC's FB page? That's right, it looks like a VFC MP7 is on the way!

12122_10151373696855734_708537386_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Decoy wrote: »
    Anyone notice this pic on VFC's FB page? That's right, it looks like a VFC MP7 is on the way!

12122_10151373696855734_708537386_n.jpg
    13780_577971098896461_1634353595_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Goes to show the Gardai are actually taking the 1j limit seriously now.
    http://www.live95fm.ie/News-Sport/Article/?ItemID=13654

(If you look at the URL the Media placed the story under the News-Sports category wonder are they finally
    seeing airsoft classified as a sport?)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

bullets wrote: »
    Goes to show the Gardai are actually taking the 1j limit seriously now.
    http://www.live95fm.ie/News-Sport/Article/?ItemID=13654

(If you look at the URL the Media placed the story under the News-Sports category wonder are they finally
    seeing airsoft classified as a sport?)

~B

I'm wondering which shop sold the item in question and what the state is going to do with that information + will we ever find out which shop it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'm wondering which shop sold the item in question and what the state is going to do with that information + will we ever find out which shop it was?

He could have changed the spring in it himself to put it over the limit and blamed the retailer when he was caught with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Blay wrote: »
    He could have changed the spring in it himself to put it over the limit and blamed the retailer when he was caught with it.
    +1 any eastern european airsofters that I have spoken with have often scoffed at the 1j limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

+1 any non eastern european airsofters that I have spoken with have often scoffed at the 1j limit.

That's because most airsofters adhere to the following line of thinking: FPS = range, therefore greater FPS = greater range.

Let them scoff. All the more entertaining to watch their reaction when they become "educated" on the matter in a practical sense.

Sorry, serious typo there, corrected.

Lemming wrote: »
    That's because most airsofters adhere to the following line of thinking: FPS = range, therefore greater FPS = greater range.

Let them scoff. All the more entertaining to watch their reaction when they become "educated" on the matter in a practical sense.

To add:

Ballistic coefficient is a function of mass, diameter, and drag coefficient. It is given by the mass of the object divided by the diameter squared that it presents to the airflow divided by a dimensionless constant i that relates to the aerodynamics of its shape.

So I'm very interested in the practical option ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Lemming wrote: »

:D:D:D
    scoff, scoff

I'm not 100% agreed with you, that all of the eastern airsofters are like that, but thats not the matter here. I understand whats your point there and I'm totaly agreed with that. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And this is why we made the recent change in adverts.. we don't care what it says on the box, we want proof via a chrono.

By the way, it anyone has any bright ideas on how we could enforce this on an internet forum, please don't hold back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

stigmau5 wrote: »
    http://www.taiwangun.com/product/show/17346.html

512 euro without shipping must say it looks very well
    Did anyone in Ireland get one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

did not have the money at the time, they're getting them back in around march with a wood stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

Just in case anyone missed it and isn't a fan of GBBs, KWA are making an AEG version of the Kriss Vector!

Thank God!

http://kwausa.com/latest-news/119-kwa-to-expand-the-kriss-vector-airsoft-product-line

Nothing against GBBs but I have never found them practical in Ireland. I am personally very happy I waited, what think ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »
    Just in case anyone missed it and isn't a fan of GBBs, KWA are making an AEG version of the Kriss Vector!

Thank God!

http://kwausa.com/latest-news/119-kwa-to-expand-the-kriss-vector-airsoft-product-line

Nothing against GBBs but I have never found them practical in Ireland. I am personally very happy I waited, what think ye?
    Will it take as long as the ggb did to be released ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

damagegt wrote: »
    Will it take as long as the ggb did to be released ?
    Probably! :P As far as I am aware they already have a v.2 prototype done though so that is encouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Bleed'n deadly.
    Say it's pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »
    Probably! :P As far as I am aware they already have a v.2 prototype done though so that is encouraging!

I'm surprised they did not try to incorporate the new "ERG" gearbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

Looks like WE have jumped on the MP7 band wagon.

http://www.publicenemy.com.hk/?p=7423

Although the outside in different I wonder if the mags and internals are TM compatible like the Glock series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Every manufacturer seems to be getting on the MP7 bandwagon lately, would not surprise me if Carlsberg started to make them because if they did.............

TM though are the plastic kings though so that would be my choice.

Are MP7s still popular?

I thought everyone was over the mp7 and moved on to obsessing over the kriss vector?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Dunno. I'm way behind. Only just got an MP9 :)

Are MP7s still popular?

I thought everyone was over the mp7 and moved on to obsessing over the kriss vector?

Popular = no, much loved + on many wish lists = yes and it's not possible to be over the MP7 :D

Also, as far as the KRISS goes, meh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Also, as far as the KRISS goes, meh :P
    Recent photographic evidence in a thread not so far away would suggest they are quite popular in Cork :)
    Wouldn't say no to one myself but have yet to see an Irish site stocking them. ToySoldiers.com had them advertised on Facebook but unless I missed it they weren't up on their website. I could be wrong, in fact would love someone to post up a link to an Irish site selling them....

Advertisement