Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Puding wrote: »

Pity that it's an AEG and not GBB :( But it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Pity that it's an AEG and not GBB :( But it's a start.

where as im glad it is a aeg :) swings and roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Useful review of shooting glasses & eye protection.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

OzCam wrote: »
    Aldi are selling some fishing gear which would be very handy for someone who wants to put together a plain green uniform. It's a little darker than the green the PDF used to have. Also useful for dual purpose airsoft/hunting.

Fishing Rod Case (1.55 m long, looks exactly like a rifle case to me) €20
    Fishing Bag (pistol/range bag) €14
    Cap with LEDs €6
    Waterproof/windproof packable overtrousers €13
    T-shirt €10
    Trousers €13
    1/2 zip fleece €10
    Hooded sweatshirt €13

T-shirt, trousers and hoodie are also available in a leaf-and-tree camo which resembles Mossy Oak Obsession. Cap is a slightly lighter colour.
    From Sunday 5th August.

Bought the fishing bag and rod case well impressed with build quality of these and to be fair you would definitely fit 3 aegs in this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I had a look at the fishing stuff today.

The trousers look well made, a bit of a bargain. The t-shirt, fleece & trousers combo will work well for anyone trying to make up a plain green Israeli-style uniform. The weatherproof overtrousers are a slightly brownish shade of green and look fine. They rustle a bit with movement though.

The fishing rod case is unpadded, but will easily fit at least 2 looooong rifles. We're talking FN/SLR/G3/PSG1 length here. There's a long pocket on the back for spare barrels or cleaning rods etc, and two pockets on the front for mags and other sundries. With the addition of some foam padding it will work really well. Did I mention that it's really long?

The smaller bag has room for a lot of stuff, it will easily hold two Aim Top gas bottles in the bottom compartment, and ear defenders and goggles/glasses etc in the main part. The pocket on top will hold a couple of mags BUT the pocket on the front is too small for a large framed pistol (eg P226) and both of the external pockets are unpadded. To carry a pistol in this bag will require some inventiveness: some way to stop it moving around and some way to put padding around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

coming soon from madbull to all scar lovers an extended ris for your mk16 scar l

540324_510379468979428_18339143_n.jpg

link to facebook page where pic was taken from
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510379468979428&set=a.189596671057711.54746.180245088659536&type=1&theater
    3 models for VFC, WE and dBoys

happy about this, always found the mk17 front end to short, improves the look no end as well in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

ever more rails :eek:
    although I must say it does looks pretty sweet, gives a free float appearance :)

Puding wrote: »
    happy about this, always found the mk17 front end to short, improves the look no end as well in my eyes
    T4RGET wrote: »
    ever more rails :eek:
    although I must say it does looks pretty sweet, gives a free float appearance :)
    when i looked first i taught it looked like a l85 i will be getting that ris for my ra tech scar as i love ris :) sort of a airsoft fetish if you can call it that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One of them is going on my VFC (As long as it's not some stupid price)

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    One of them is going on my VFC (As long as it's not some stupid price)
    It will certainly change the front of a scar and the hole look which is nice :)

80 round mags a yes please
    ptw ill have 4 ha

new launcher from madbull taken from there facebook page
    221184_513216105362431_99014887_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like cybergun are all over Mauri ,
    Taken from Airsoft internationals fb

Originally Posted by ZeroOneStaff

Unfortunately due to the trademarks and copyright licences held by Cybergun & Umarex no further imports of Tokyo Marui products covered by these licences can be legally imported in to this country as Tokyo Marui have no agreements with Cybergun or Umarex and pay no license fees. All future shipments from Tokyo Marui will be prohibited and as such seized by customs.

Looks like Mauri will prices will jump and aegs and gbb be covered in cybergun stupid over the top trades

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Ah no!

Time for airsofteire to get their stock in then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Being reading this on Zeroin since the news broke and i'm actually quite shocked at how surprised people are at this. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a fan of this, but the fact remains that Cybergun have paid for copyright and trademark rights from the real steel companies. Marui, and other manufacturers, haven't and this is the crux of the matter. It is copyright/trademark infringement as much i we don't like it. Why it took so long to happen is beyond me.

On a side note, from what i believe Marui don't sell directly themselves out of Japan. It is done through wholesalers/online stores such as Ehobby, Redwolf, etc. Will it still be possible to order through them? Will it mean inflated prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

I'd imagine it'll be the putty or tape over the trades? I'd also say that the wholesalers have a fair bit of stock already that they'll need to keep moving until Marui decide what they want to do.

While I agree on the legality of cypergun/umarex agreements with manufacturers, Marui never seem to care much about what happens outside Japan, so it could be a case of "stuff it, we'll sell more trains instead"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

i'm actually quite shocked at how surprised people are at this. Don't get me wrong, i'm not a fan of this, but the fact remains that Cybergun have paid for copyright and trademark rights from the real steel companies. Marui, and other manufacturers, haven't

I'm confused.
    Until now, I was under the impression that Marui were (one of)the only company that paid for the rights to use trades.
    Is this not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

As it stands cybergun are asking HMRC aka UK customs to sieze Mauri imports for breaking licensing laws ,if I remember correct the offical European distribuator for Tokyo Mauri is ASG of Denmark who were accquired by cybergun not so long ago ,

Be intresting to see if Mauri change certain aeg designs ie g36 to the what the mexican military use or g33 like ICS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

"Attention customs workers, the following trademarked items are to be intercepted in transit unless sent by an authorised reseller, the following replicas are disallowed, heckler & koch mp5, heckler & koch g36...."

"Pst, wtf is an mp5, like an ipod?"

"lol he said koch"

Customs have enough of a pain in their hole dealing with toy guns in the mail, let alone now having to pick and choose out makes of gun, and determine if it has counterfeit trademarks, and if the name on the box, ASG, Cybergun etc. is a valid reseller. I don't see that being enforced, I'd say you'll still be able to import from HK.

I'm personally happy enough for my aegs to not have 'authentic' trademarks. I do not think that the shape of an object can be trademarked, I guess we'll see that one pan out in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cyberw@nk are basically waving their e-penis about, creating fear for retailers that they will lose money in an already ever-tightening market so many retailers have decided to play it safe and not attempt to import TM guns. HMRC have said nothing on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Of course, an easier course of action is for customs to just stop everything, which is what appears to be happening.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Of course, an easier course of action is for customs to just stop everything, which is what appears to be happening.

HMRC have been doing that for the last 5 years; ye olde VCRA and what-not.

What I find quite curious about all this is that there is not a peep out of Arnies on the matter ...

Noticed these on redwolf today:

Marushin M1 Carbine, 6mm version .... using CO2.
    Link.

Annnnnnd ... an MP40. "Wow, big deal" I hear some of you say. How about I add that it fires 8mm, made by Marushin. Oh, yeah, and it's gas blowback. Excuse me whilst I go mop up the puddle of drool at my feet.
    Link..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

hightower1 wrote: »
    was just putting that up it looks deadly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Saw over at red-alliance that Izmash have a promotional video for their AK.

I'm more interested in the last few seconds of the video :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

An AN-94 and a Vityaz would be very nice indeed.

Advertisement