Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Better suited to news than the off topic. A vest that is an excuse to take hits.

P.S. He must have a lot of faith in his buddy's accuracy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

CpcRc wrote: »
    Better suited to news than the off topic. A vest that is an excuse to take hits.

P.S. He must have a lot of faith in his buddy's accuracy :P

new medic system instead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

TMC%209%20Suit%20MC%20a.jpg

multicam suit, coming soon on ebairsoft.
    linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

That BO AKM is just a ridiculously overpriced LCT AKM with, admittedly, really nice internals (minus the pink GB), and aged/weathered/touched-up externals.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

New products from Tokyo Marui unveiled at Echigoya. You may have seen the recent teaser pics. Gas M870.....yes please.:)
    http://echigoya.militaryblog.jp/e435713.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

New Mauri Products

English Translation

Gas shotty

New M2O3 shells
    And some interesting other things

http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fechigoya.militaryblog.jp%2F&wb_lp=JAEN

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Very interesting article by Guy Cramer, of HyperStealth Inc (well-known camo designer) about the US Army's efforts to find a decent camouflage pattern.

It contains some pretty good information about the testing efforts, where MultiCam works and why it was so successful, where UCP came from and why it doesn't work (hint: it's not the pattern).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

I remember listening to an interview with Ronin a few years back on Deadrag Radio and even then I thought they were a little OTT. (Each member of the team had to have a "go bag" so that if an OpOrder was called they could deploy at a moments notice.....:rolleyes:) )

I saw their video showing why Blacksheep banned them and while it seemed like nothing in particular (they jumped from one rooftop to another in a MOUT site) but they did change the dynamic of a game in their favour by not following the same safety rules as everyone else. They seem to have annoyed a few people along the way but it's a pity to think they will be shunned but they could do with chilling out and realising it's actually a game and they're not trying out for DEVGRU. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

tudenham10 wrote: »
    I remember listening to an interview with Ronin a few years back on Deadrag Radio and even then I thought they were a little OTT. (Each member of the team had to have a "go bag" so that if an OpOrder was called they could deploy at a moments notice.....:rolleyes:) )

I saw their video showing why Blacksheep banned them and while it seemed like nothing in particular (they jumped from one rooftop to another in a MOUT site) but they did change the dynamic of a game in their favour by not following the same safety rules as everyone else. They seem to have annoyed a few people along the way but it's a pity to think they will be shunned but they could do with chilling out and realising it's actually a game and they're not trying out for DEVGRU. :)

this just sums them up :) get the popcorn as its about 45 minutes long :)

I think I heard about that a while back but didn't hear who did it. The main problem was the site had absolutely no insurance cover for the roofs of the buildings I think so understandable if they got pissed. If you are at any event and doing something dangerous that's not covered by insurance they will tell you to leave. Not just in airsoft

In one of the older OLCMSS I think it was, they did allow people onto some building roofs if they could access them, but they were covered for that I'm assuming and those were shorter buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Was reading a bit about it since and apparently they had a major run in with Col. Danny McKnight of the Battle of Mogadishu (Blackhawk Down and all that) fame and disrespected the man quite openly.

There also have been allegations of modifying their guns too. (I'm presuming they swapped out cylinders in their systemas after Chrono if this is true).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What muppets.

Was reading a bit about it since and apparently they had a major run in with Col. Danny McKnight of the Battle of Mogadishu (Blackhawk Down and all that) fame and disrespected the man quite openly.

There also have been allegations of modifying their guns too. (I'm presuming they swapped out cylinders in their systemas after Chrono if this is true).

Big long thread about em here. They seem to be a right shower of C***s sorry i mean people yes people :P
    http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=154931

You can call them ****e people

I did not know boards would censor that, odd considering it's irish

IIRC the incident involving jumping from one building to the other wasn't significant because of distance, but because the roofs were out of bounds for that event. There was also a story about abseiling rapelling down a lift shaft, but that may or may not have been an exaggeration. They were given a temporary ban and a severe talking to and promised to behave. The details are up on the OLCMSS fb page somewhere.

Disrespecting one of the Mogadishu vets (and a regular faction O/C for OLCMSS events) was the last straw. It takes a lot to piss off John Lu to that extent, but something like that simply wouldn't be tolerated from anyone. They're kinda serious about that stuff over there.

It's usually the case that when a group culture goes bad like that, it starts at the top. Unfortunately the ordinary team members are now faced with a difficult choice if they want to play anywhere else.

Update: Not just a Faction O/C...
    Operation Lion Claws series was founded in 2002 with support from US Army Ranger Col. (ret) Danny McKnight and Vietnam veteran LRRP Sgt. Kenn Miller with Col. McKnight continued to support the series by lending his Somalia experience to create Operation IRENE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Jing Gong Metal AK Tactical
    US$151.03
    JG-6830C-AK-TAC-CR-BK-1.jpg
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Green Mountain Rangers have posted a video of the now infamous event that resulted in them being banned from many US-based national airsoft events.

From this video and the stories we've seen and heard already, I'm coming to a conclusion.

At first it seems like the GMR team are attempting to perform an outflanking maneuver to gain some ground over the opposition. Staff member Mcknight seems to feel this isn't the best thing to do, possibly because it would disrupt the flow of the game or create an imbalance that would result in the opposing team not having a good afternoon. As somebody that has run games in the past, we can appreciate why this would need to be done, especially in the heat of a long game in summer, things need to be relatively close fought to keep players morale up.

Personally I don't feel the point was put forward in the best possible manner by Mcknight, but we don't know what has happened prior to the events in the video to cause tempers to run high.

I feel that although airsoft has a competitive aspect it;s important for established or experienced teams to realise that it is more of a participation sport than one that is played for outright victory and for the good of the game, sometimes it is necessary to "jump through hoops" and help maintain the game's flow. Sometimes these hoops do not always represent the most tactically advantageous approach, although they will make for a better game in all respects.

Is the conduct in this video alone worthy of a ban? I don't think so. I'm not in a position to comment on whether the GMR team had persistently attempted to avoid the course of the story and gain an advantage at the detriment of the game...

Just some observations here...

Ben Webb

Video - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=383666218417998

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Green Mountain Rangers have posted a video of the now infamous event that resulted in them being banned from many US-based national airsoft events.

From this video and the stories we've seen and heard already, I'm coming to a conclusion.

At first it seems like the GMR team are attempting to perform an outflanking maneuver to gain some ground over the opposition. Staff member Mcknight seems to feel this isn't the best thing to do, possibly because it would disrupt the flow of the game or create an imbalance that would result in the opposing team not having a good afternoon. As somebody that has run games in the past, we can appreciate why this would need to be done, especially in the heat of a long game in summer, things need to be relatively close fought to keep players morale up.

Personally I don't feel the point was put forward in the best possible manner by Mcknight, but we don't know what has happened prior to the events in the video to cause tempers to run high.

I feel that although airsoft has a competitive aspect it;s important for established or experienced teams to realise that it is more of a participation sport than one that is played for outright victory and for the good of the game, sometimes it is necessary to "jump through hoops" and help maintain the game's flow. Sometimes these hoops do not always represent the most tactically advantageous approach, although they will make for a better game in all respects.

Is the conduct in this video alone worthy of a ban? I don't think so. I'm not in a position to comment on whether the GMR team had persistently attempted to avoid the course of the story and gain an advantage at the detriment of the game...

Just some observations here...

Ben Webb

Video - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=383666218417998

Jesus, If you read the comments everyone's siding with gmr now and hating on lion claws.....this event took a dramatic turn:eek:

Yes, but:

• When you're on a final warning, any small straw can break the camel's back;
    • When you sign up to play MilSim the American way, the team/squad is expected to do what the team/squad has been asked to do;
    • When you disrespect a national hero, in a country and in an activity which takes those things very, very seriously;

you should expect some serious consequences.

I've been in a position where I had to point out to a game master that some of the players had paid an awful lot of money to attend an event and they needed to be treated better, but there's a proper way to do that. Quietly, politely, and in private.

Furthermore, most event organisers are well aware that the paying customer is (almost) always right, especially in the Current Economic Circumstances (TM). You don't survive in business unless you give your customers value for money and enough of a good experience to make them book with you again. OLCMSS run something like 8 or 10 events every year. The small ones are about 200 pax, the big ones are capped at 600. They must be doing something right.

don't forget disrespected a national hero during memorial weekend. Timing.

Part 3 of Guy Cramer's series on Camo Testing in the (North) American armed forces.

There's a lot of detail here about solid colour vests etc, MARPAT, NIR and SWIR testing, and lots of other good stuff.

Part 2 was about the Scorpion pattern, the predecessor of MultiCam. There's a link to it in the article if you're interested.

ww2-monuments-normandy-1.1-800x800.jpg
    "And When he gets to heaven,
    To Saint Peter he will tell;
    One more Marine reporting, sir.
    I've served my time in Hell!"
    --PFC. James A. Donahue, USMC. 1st Marine Division, H Company, 2nd. Battalion, 1st. Regiment
    R.I.P to all those who died this day June 6th 1944 69 years ago on the beaches of France and in the surrounding Areas that made up the D Day.
    May they rest in peace

Technically isnt classed as airsoft news but ireland and japan are thinking about free trade between them, similar to the EU countries at the moment. on the news this was not talked about very much, BUT for us it means that tokyo marui products will get a hell of a lot cheaper here in ireland and honestly thats the first thing i thought of when i heard it:D Still a bit scetchy at the moment so we'll have to wait and see.
    That said, it probably wont happen for a good while :( but we can always hope.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

May tell the brother, he's been hankering for a TM Type 89 for years!

• Advertisement

Keggers2 wrote: »
    May tell the brother, he's been hankering for a TM Type 89 for years!

iv always wanted one but i just felt they were quite expensive for what you got but if they're cheaper then ill take one of everything.....please and thank you.:D

Advertisement