Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ok sorry, but it wasn't a debate. He was wrong.
    Sorry mate, you just gave me a new sig, that's pure zen there.

I love the internets. :D

Now.. back on topic *or else* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

andy_g wrote: »
    Lads what part of get back on topic do you not understand?

Off topic madness

> this way, Any further off topicness gets a free week holiday NO EXCEPTIONS.

Does that include expenses? :p (couldn't resist)

There hasn't been much news in the past few days, so here's a couple of americans talking about a new product which hasn't been released yet:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

MADBULL-RR-AEG_1_MARK.jpg

interesting bit of kit.

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

thermo wrote: »
    MADBULL-R

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be funny but just
    what the heck is that? I've clicked on the link and still
    cant work out what the product is other than being a huge rail
    that hold's a battery?

What is it ?
    whats an engrish to English translation of REST RIPR
    ~B

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

bullets wrote: »
    What is it ?
    ~B
    "Rifle Integrated Power Rail" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

the black thin sitting out the side of it is a battery, its the same as the ready mag system iv seen people use on their M4's except in this case its a lipo that can be plugged in and out in a few seconds (similar to an old hitachi drill my dad has)

that hold's a battery?

What is it ?
    ~B

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/619-madbull-ripr-is-finished.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

MADBULL-R

that hold's a battery?

What is it ?
    ~B

It's a ready mag system made by a real steel company called RESET. It works by simply fixing to the top rail as aposed to the other rare version that attaches to the receiver.

This particular model is drastically a fancy battery box but there is another version that's $20 cheaper that just holds an extra mag :)

Hmm more rubbish Ahem "Stuff" to bolt onto an M4'alike then. :p
    (Bullets at the moment very drunk and barely able to read links)
    [Edit: Its just a battery box??]
    ~B

[Edit: Its just a battery box??]
    ~B

yes

large print because bullets is drunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I get the impression that you can also get spare boxes, stick a lipo inside them, and do battery 'quick changes'.

Handy if you treat your aeg like the aforementioned hitachi drill I suppose.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Handy if you treat your aeg like the aforementioned hitachi drill I suppose.
    According to a recent <insert fancy name> poll, the AEG lasts longer but, disappointingly, is still shíte at putting up shelves. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Police in north Down have seized dozens of air-soft pellet guns from premises in the area.

The weapons [sic] - which are used in "soft gaming" - are suspected of being too powerful for sale to the public.

Story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I don't seem to be able to follow the link, could you check you put it in right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Expensive!!! did not notice this on ehobby before.
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ktw-lee-enfield-no-4-rifle.html

KTW-SPGN-LEEENFIELD4_1_MARK.jpg

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Expensive!!! did not notice this on ehobby before.
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ktw-lee-enfield-no-4-rifle.html

KTW-SPGN-LEEENFIELD4_1_MARK.jpg

~B

Drool. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

MADBULL-RR-AEG_1_MARK.jpg

Some videos of the battery and mag versions from redwolf:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I can see some merit to the aeg version but even then its an overly complicated solution to the problem. Great that it allows fast change of batteries but in reality how many times in a day would one need to change batteries ? Enough to warrant the price, raising of the entire top rail and added weight? I dont think so.

The gbb version is even more useless imo, a mag clamp will allow the exact same convenience but cost far less, add far less weight and not interfere with your optics. I love totally mad add ons as much as the next guy but these arent even justifiable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

is it just me or is the audio in those vids a bit dogdie?

I wouldnt use the battery one simply because it isnt convincing battery box as it looks nothing like a mag at all and I find it laughable that the aeg version which has more parts too it is $125 and the simpler GBB version is $155!?!?!?!?

but if I had the money I would use the GBB version evn on an aeg because if your using good batterys you shouldnt have to change them until lunch break or in the 5min gap between games

and my last two sents this is perfect for people wo where facemasks as it raises the optics and adds the functionality of having a spare mag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Jsmurff wrote: »
    is it just me or is the audio in those vids a bit dogdie?

I wouldnt use the battery one simply because it isnt convincing battery box as it looks nothing like a mag at all

Yeah it was very quiet for me at the best of times.

I'd have to agree with you there, surely it wouldn't have been all that difficult to actually make the batteries STANAG mag-shaped? And either way, the price seems a bit unjustified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I'd have to agree with you there, surely it wouldn't have been all that difficult to actually make the batteries STANAG mag-shaped? And either way, the price seems a bit unjustified.

as the battery version is a replica of the reset ripr then changing it like that would not really work http://www.defensereview.com/reset-ripr-rifle-integrated-power-rail-central-power-source-for-all-of-your-tactical-ar-riflecarbinesbr-accessories/

Appologies, I assumed it was meant to be a ready mag type system.

Well then isn't the gas version wrong? (For lack of a better word)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

so basically this is a "more tactical" AN/PEQ dummy battery box, me likey. 155$ is a joke though and the gbb version is kinda useless... chinese knock off at 1/3 of the price soon anyone ? :D also shouldnt forget to mention the usual issues. like wired still with tamiya ? i mean really in 2012 tamiya? and the cabling doesnt appear to be low resistance one (if it was im sure they would mention it on their website). madbull likes to offer overpriced addons but they should really get their heads out of their asses.
    [/jealousy_rant]

P.S. Taken from their website: "NOTE: Do use the RIPR Complete Power system during rainy weather, or expose it to excessive moisture, as water may damage the electrical components." is that their PC way of saying " ,.!.. ..!., Irish airsofters" ? (mods apologies if ASCII drawing is not acceptable i couldnt find any info in the charter :D)

Sandwich bags will solve that problem :p

I think it's one of those things that seems like a good idea but just costs too much for the actual use you'd get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Sandwich bags will solve that problem :p

I think it's one of those things that seems like a good idea but just costs too much for the actual use you'd get out of it.

tbh the switch battery on a jiffie use is just a selling point and nothing else. the only real use i see in it is a long ass riser that makes the aeg more rigid and that if you wonna use a stock that does not fit batteries like EBR,ACE,PTS etc and you are already front heavy it somewhat balances it out, rather that making it further front heavier with a PEQ dummy battery box.. but as you already mentioned it just costs too much for the use... that's until chinese manufacturers get their greedy lil fingers on it :D and i for one cant wait to see the price of the knock off. i can only hope that they dont make it out of plastic or like compressed-painted-recycled-toilet-paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

• Advertisement

Thread closed until further notice. :(

Please see here for the reason:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056565991

Advertisement