Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Could be a nice change to games.
    Maybe something like you have to mortar the enemy base. 1 guy gets the launcher, 3 guys get 1 rocket each. So you have to fight your way within range and start lobbing off rounds. Or something...

Because it fires the actual shell though, the marshal would have to move everyone in the area before the shot was fired, for safety reasons. Could work but it'd be a bit awkward to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well you run into the same issue as always with Ireland, it is a projectile and it is coming out of a barrel so it needs to be one joule

Puding wrote: »
    well you run into the same issue as always with Ireland, it is a projectile and it is coming out of a barrel so it needs to be one joule

That's a good point actually. Would we even be allowed have them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Zomg Okay wrote: »

That's a good point actually. Would we even be allowed have them? :pac:

Maybe if they were painted fluorescent pink or some sh*te :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

You could probably achieve the same effect with a water rocket (painted green and some fins on it), and they are legal in Ireland.

The added bonus is they are cheap so there isn't much of a problem if it disappears into a wood or brush and is never seen again.

Of course you may* get wet firing them, but that's part of the fun.

* For may insert "very probably will"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

2380_Large.jpg

i use to fit cheap soda bottles over these and launch them about 50 - 60 foot straight up into the air when i was about 8.

Much cheaper to run at about a euro a bottle (plus you get to drink it first :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Don't think site insurers would be happy with it either ,little johnny went to play airsoft ,little johnny suffers eye or facial injuries due to freak accident or others misuse Mr duffy gets a call ohhh somebody think of the kids ,
    As covered by puding joule rule apply so does the doj they seriously hate stuff like that,

This is the world we live in .
    Did I see a railed G&p Stoner or was I seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

Gatling wrote: »
    Don't think site insurers would be happy with it either ,little johnny went to play airsoft ,little johnny suffers eye or facial injuries due to freak accident or others misuse Mr duffy gets a call ohhh somebody think of the kids ,
    As covered by puding joule rule apply so does the doj they seriously hate stuff like that,

This is the world we live in .
    Did I see a railed G&p Stoner or was I seeing things

aeg024.jpg

http://www.gp-web.com/en/newspop.php?nid=1824

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Remember that G&P. <- that was a '.'

Ares M40

Noticed this in the shot show coverage, not interested in their really expensive custom bedding service for real stock but thi does look good

m40 with vsr compatible internals

I love this stock and did pick up the fortress version but being made of stupid resin it is stupidly delicate and impractical

http://www.airsoftgitv.com/?p=3254

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Not sure if this is news or not....
    sorry if its old news! I only found out today!

Went into the local Eason's today to pick up a copy of AI and spotted
    they now stocked another Airsoft magazine that was not on the shelf before.

Airsoft Action - The Airsoft Magazine
    (does exactly what it says on the tin)

Appears to have an electronic IPAD version too:
    http://www.airsoftactionmagazine.com/

Not a bad read very similar to AI.
    Not sure what the heck a computer game review of Skyrim has got
    to do with airsoft so that was the only neg I could see when flicking through
    the pages of it.

~B

Picked up a copy with Ai the other day reminds me of a mix of Ai and combat and survival ,
    Skyrim ehhh yeah ignored that part :(

Picked up a copy with Ai the other day reminds me of a mix of Ai and combat and survival ,
    Skyrim ehhh yeah ignored that part :(

Ooh Skyrim and Airsoft :D sweet!
    You may have magic swords and daggers and bows and arrows BUT I HAVE PLASTIC SPITTING TOY'S AHAHAHA HA HA HAWWW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Ooh Skyrim and Airsoft :D sweet!
    You may have magic swords and daggers and bows and arrows BUT I HAVE PLASTIC SPITTING TOY'S AHAHAHA HA HA HAWWW :pac:

Well come to think of it a few months ago we did have a thread here
    on boards.ie discussing shooting arrows in an airsoft game.

~B

LARPSOFT cue some arrow to the knee quotes and buckets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

bullets wrote: »

~B

Let's not risk bringing that up again. And it was more so about a nerf dart than an arrow because it was not going to be sharpened.

So for a correct example, I used to be an ex special forces until I took a nerf to the knee :p

But this is off topic.

Edit: and jokes about who stole someone's sweetroll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

LARPSOFT cue some arrow to the knee quotes and buckets

I use to use High-Caps..............(you know where this is going) Then I took an arrow to the knee.... :D

Please stop the arrow to the knee jokes! They've just about died out and good riddance!

...Death by fire is too good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I use to use High-Caps..............(you know where this is going) Then I took an arrow to the knee.... then I swapped to mid caps :D

fixed that for ya Ronan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

T4RGET wrote: »
    fixed that for ya Ronan :P

Nope Box Mag....... ;)

• Advertisement

Please stop the arrow to the knee jokes! They've just about died out and good riddance!

So sweetroll jokes are cool ya?

CpcRc wrote: »

So sweetroll jokes are cool ya?

MARSHAL!!!

Let me guess someone stole your battery :rolleyes:

CpcRc wrote: »
    bullets wrote: »

~B

Let's not risk bringing that up again. And it was more so about a nerf dart than an arrow because it was not going to be sharpened.

So for a correct example, I used to be an ex special forces until I took a nerf to the knee :p

But this is off topic.

Edit: and jokes about who stole someone's sweetroll

By explaining the difference between an actuall arrow and a nurf arrow are you not bringing it up again?

Jsmurff wrote: »
    By explaining the difference between an actuall arrow and a nurf arrow are you not bringing it up again?

Edit:
    CpcRc wrote:
    It was more so about a nerf dart than an arrow because it was not going to be sharpened. But let's not risk bringing that up again.

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

So airsoft news, anyone got anything?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    So airsoft news, anyone got anything?
    Ares M40

Noticed this in the shot show coverage, not interested in their really expensive custom bedding service for real stock but thi does look good

m40 with vsr compatible internals

I love this stock and did pick up the fortress version but being made of stupid resin it is stupidly delicate and impractical

http://www.airsoftgitv.com/?p=3254

m40 m40 m40.... :)

Ares M40

m40 m40 m40.... :)

I'D love one big fan of the real one, the annoying part will come, which came first the battlefield game version or the other game heard this is based off the A5 latest issue usmc scout rifle.would love to see a Nam era bolt action produced be perfect for a " Gunny " Hathcock loadout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Looks manky in fairness...looks way too squarish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did I read that right?
    $200?!

Its' also in dire need of a fluted barrel.
    OR, the R700 VTR barrell.
    32.jpg

• Advertisement

Did I read that right?
    $200?!

you're right, this would be in line with the svds that they recently released which is a good piece with solid construction so i do not see it as unrealistic

the finish is more than likely down to this begin a prototype, but saying that the stock itself in real life is very boxey, if there is one thing ares do do well it is externals

Advertisement