Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 WarmBagOfPiss

Thats a steg the cops have dem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi pssbag, we used to have a lad here called Masada - he could probably help you out, he knew lots of stuff. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 WarmBagOfPiss

So i beleve.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thats a steg the cops have dem.

I hear they would riddle you without a seconds thought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Pity it's not spring a Lee Enfield.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

PRODUCT DETAILS
    The Seraph set includes:
    IDF Logo SF Sayeret rifle sling
    Handguard Elastic Bands grip
    Magazine grip with velcro attachment
    Magazine Well Grip
    Advanced M4 Butt Stock
    Picatinny Rail
    T-pod Bipod
    For only $275.00 or €218.01 (please add shipping ;) )
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

KWA KRISS Vector on pre-order at Airsoft GI
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10892

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    KWA KRISS Vector on pre-order at Airsoft GI
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10892

Used to hate the Vector but it's really grown on me. Maybe it's the Eotech!

Used to hate the Vector but it's really grown on me. Maybe it's the Eotech!
    Or too much Call of Gay ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    Or too much Call of Gay ;)

Not a fan Dicey?
    Maybe I just like ugly guns?

tbh marko if its as good as the MP7 i could be persuaded;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Those of you that have watched magpul dynamics dvd's will obviously know the name Chris costa (former president of magpul dynamics) even if you haven't watched the dvds chances are you heard the name, just read now that he works for MADBULL, what the fudge is with that? Bit of an odd move going from tactical firearms training amongst other things to a airsoft company. Pretty cool all the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He is involved with madbull but not solely employed by them he owns Costa Ludas (if spelt properly) tactical company ,clothing lines will be sold on the madbull site along with a few airsoft items with his named attached ,airsoft and celeb former special ops guys = easy cash for not doing a lot of anything other than signing you name to a repo rail system or aeg versus working in some crazyasstan getting shot at or blown up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

New video on the Shoei mg42 GBB

Not a fan of the mg42 but who knows, if they prove the tech and demand for a gbb MG then maybe it could encourage more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

hightower1 wrote: »
    New video on the Shoei mg42 GBB

Not a fan of the mg42 but who knows, if they prove the tech and demand for a gbb MG then maybe it could encourage more.

i want actually ill get two ill duel wield em :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

so want a mg42,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any idea of cost?

thermo wrote: »
    so want a mg42,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any idea of cost?
    On Tokyomodels there 2100 dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

stigmau5 wrote: »

Does that include the external C02 tank which would need a pressure regulator attached so that you can control the FPS

DeBurca wrote: »
    stigmau5 wrote: »

Does that include the external C02 tank which would need a pressure regulator attached so that you can control the FPS
    I dont think so kevin I think thats extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Do want.

I don't know why more MGs aren't GBB, they seem like the perfect platform for it.

As an aside, the rate of fire seems a bit slow for hitlers buzzsaw.

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Do want.

I don't know why more MGs aren't GBB, they seem like the perfect platform for it.

I know right? I mean they only have to match the same action as a gbbr. It goes without saying that extended fire isnt recommended for any gbb so we'd hardly expect to be laying down 10+ seconds of continuous fire.

A big ass box mag would be a massive reservoir to hold gas. Would be pricey for the mags but lets be honest , most gbbrs are better suited to plinking / wall hanging and the same would be said for most large aeg MGs.

I suppose a draw back for manufacturing a line of GBB mgs would be that the tooling for each model would be radically different. At least with ARs small parts are relatively similar. Set yourself up with basic AK machining and your set to release a whole host of AK variants with minimal re tooling needed between releases, same with m16's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Stonewolf wrote: »
    As an aside, the rate of fire seems a bit slow for hitlers buzzsaw.

+1. I was a bit disappointed when I heard it firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

There are probably not many users of these particular holsters here, but somebody might have one. A free replacement is available.
    BLACKHAWK! has issued a product safety notice regarding the SERPA Level 3 Light Bearing Duty Holster. The notice refers to isolated cases of the holster breaking away from its jacket slot (the interface between holster and belt) due to inserts pulling out of the holster. The causes for this problem have been identified and addressed. Anyone with this specific holster should follow the instructions on the safety notification, and are encouraged to take advantage of our Replacement Program.

Model numbers affected are CJD1300 and 2100xxx only.

Details are at http://www.blackhawk.com/replacement/default.aspx

for those not on arnies.....

Price 150USD
    Link http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/24149/s/s-t-t21-aeg-explorer-version-dark-earth/?___SID=U

Nice to see an affordable tar 21 with quick spring feature for the new starts into the sport. Cant say I have ever heard of S&T, anyone any idea on their rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

for those not on arnies.....

Price 150USD
    Link http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/24149/s/s-t-t21-aeg-explorer-version-dark-earth/?___SID=U

Nice to see an affordable tar 21 with quick spring feature for the new starts into the sport. Cant say I have ever heard of S&T, anyone any idea on their rep?

plastic gearbox though............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

From what I understand. The guys from S&T used to work at or with STAR/Ares.

The plastic on there Tavor looks a bit shiny compared to the ARES.
    And the seams look terrible.

But from the couple of reviews I have read it is a good performer especially for the price.

They are available for pre-order on UNcompany if I remember right.

thermo wrote: »
    plastic gearbox though............

Didnt know that , @ 150usd itd be worth ordering one and asking them to leave out the gearbox. No customs issues to worry about as its non firing and pick up a metal gearbox separate. Assuming it would take a standard version gear box that it. Sure you loose the quick spring change but you end up with a tar at half the ares cost. Prob half the quality but for a someone new to the sport it gives a nice guicci alternative to the entry level m4 or ak's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Didnt know that , @ 150usd itd be worth ordering one and asking them to leave out the gearbox. No customs issues to worry about as its non firing and pick up a metal gearbox separate. Assuming it would take a standard version gear box that it. Sure you loose the quick spring change but you end up with a tar at half the ares cost. Prob half the quality but for a someone new to the sport it gives a nice guicci alternative to the entry level m4 or ak's.

It uses a gearbox similar (the same?) as the ARES one, I haven't seen the ARES TAR21 gearboxes in stock anywhere, but with the quick change spring they could just take the spring out and ship it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

The plastic gearbox looks exactly the same as the Ares metal one.

I wouldn't be put off by the plastic shell. My first Star L85a2 had a plastic gearbox casing and i used it as my main AEG for nearly 2 years without incident.

I even tested the piston to see how strong a spring I could use before it broke. 2 full hicap mags at a lot more than our limit and the piston gave up, but the plastic GB never failed.:)

Although I can't comment on the quality of plastic materials used, as I didn't find any info on what S&T are using.

Advertisement