Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Decoy wrote: »
    The HK416 AEG uses standard M-4 type magazines, therefore it should, although not confirmed by Umarex, accept all standard M4 type magazines including STANAG magazines, Magpul PTS EMAGs, and Magpul PTS PMAGs*

Just as an aside, I got my VFC416 last year, and while officially it took standard M4 mags it needed some filing of the guides in the receiver to get them to go in without hassle. Mind you that made the VFC mag fit (and release) much better as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Ugh the Blaser ( pronounced Blawser for legal purposes) is some ugly yoke :eek: kill it with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

The HK416 AEG uses standard M-4 type magazines, therefore it should, although not confirmed by Umarex, accept all standard M4 type magazines including STANAG magazines, Magpul PTS EMAGs, and Magpul PTS PMAGs*

* I will believe that when I see it, regular STANAGs & EMAGs should be fine but PMAGs, I'm not convinced

Agreed. We both know what a p!sspoor fit PMAGS are with many of the current bunch of 416 clones, specifically the Top-Tech T418.

Step 1)Insert mag.
    Step 2) Bash gun down on nearest hard surface repeatedly to properly seat mag.
    Step 3) Get sick of misfires etc and decide to remove mag.
    Step 4) Immobilise T418 in a vice, grab PMAG with both hands, wrench with all your strength and hope to Jaysus the mag comes out before the lower receiver snaps in half from pressure buildup.
    Step 5) Purchase 10 dodgy plastic mags from Hong Kong, made from recycled milk bottles, for a fiver on ebay.
    Step 6) Wonder why you bothered with all that fagpul @ssholery in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Ugh the Blaser ( pronounced Blawser for legal purposes) is some ugly yoke :eek: kill it with fire!

I looked at this first and said its horrible its stupid eeeooow get it
    away from me, but for some perverse reason every time I look
    at photos of it I get this horrible feeling that I stress that I dont want!
    to purchase one. Horrible Horrible and waster of money....but I've got
    the whole smeagol vs gollum thing going on with this gun.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

The bad thing about the ARES M40a5 is that
    A) - BEing ARES there will be something wrong, they make decent AEG's but bad gas/spring sniper rifles - (Info from friend that owned a DSR and WA2000 from ARES)
    B) - At that price not only will there be a problem but the stock will probobaly be really crappy plastic, the like of a well L96
    C) - At this price, and all of the gmame fanboys every 14 year old will get their hands on this rifle and then proceed to call it a 'sniper' instead of a sniper rifle

I hope this turns out to be a good gun but sadly it'll probboaly lack in preformance and and appearence without upgrading.

the thing about the ARES M40a5 is that
    A) - BEing ARES there will be something wrong, they make decent AEG's but bad gas/spring sniper rifles - (Info from friend that owned a DSR and WA2000 from ARES)
    B) - At that price not only will there be a problem but the stock will probobaly be really crappy plastic, the like of a well L96
    C) - At this price, and all of the gmame fanboys every 14 year old will get their hands on this rifle and then proceed to call it a 'sniper'

I hope this turns out to be a good gun but sadly it'll probboaly lack in preformance and and appearence without upgrading.

What's an ares M40a5? Thought we were talking about a KA Blaser ?

If its a bolt action it's pretty much a sniper :/

What's an ares M40a5? Thought we were talking about a KA Blaser ?

If its a bolt action it's pretty much a sniper :/

I am talking about the Ares M40 here. (A5 means version 5, there were 4 versions before it)

And NO IT IS CALLED A SNIPER RIFLE
    The person who fires it is called a SNIPER
    The gun a sniper fires is called a SNIPER RIFLE
    This is the exact same as the bloody calling a magazine and clip.
    (I'm not angry at you BTW :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I am talking about the Ares M40 here. (A5 means version 5, there were 4 versions before it)

And NO IT IS CALLED A SNIPER RIFLE
    The person who fires it is called a SNIPER
    The gun a sniper fires is called a SNIPER RIFLE
    This is the exact same as the bloody calling a magazine and clip.
    (I'm not angry at you BTW :) )

Calm down its pretty obvious what he meant.

Yeah but its the calling a clip over a magazine thing all over again. I'm just correcting him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

bullets wrote: »

I Want That AR-15 Lower :D:p

Yeah but its the calling a clip over a magazine thing all over again. I'm just correcting him.

Well bolt actions are only ever used in a sniper role so it's safe to assume that Bolt actions are sniper rifles

As for the mag vs clip thing their two completely different methods of loading ammunition into your weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Extra Mag's for the GBB conversion kit

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magazine-conversion-p-5457.html

GHK%20Gas%20Magazine%20for%20GBB%20M4%20Box%20a%20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

That full stock 105 could very well fill in for the fact that it's impossible to get your hands on a VFC AK105 these days.

Well bolt actions are only ever used in a sniper role so it's safe to assume that Bolt actions are sniper rifles

As for the mag vs clip thing their two completely different methods of loading ammunition into your weapon

I never said bolt actions were not sniper rifles.
    I said that the the gun is CALLED a SNIPER RIFLE
    and the PERSON firing the gun is the SNIPER.
    You called the gun a 'sniper' incorrectly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This is a news thread - for news.
    If you want to continue that debate then please take it to pm or start a new thread about it, thanks. :)

Steve wrote: »
    This is a news thread - for news.
    If you want to continue that debate then please take it to pm or start a new thread about it, thanks. :)
    Ok sorry, but it wasn't a debate. He was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

And you're both acting like fools, debate or no. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    And you're both acting like fools, debate or no. :rolleyes:

I think you mean clowns, fools are court jester who tell stories, perform acrobatics and load ammunition into a clown.

I think you mean clowns, fools are court jester who tell stories, perform acrobatics and load ammunition into a clown.

And I think you are both going off topic acting the eejits Cough..hypocrites...cough

On topic - Does anyone know the status of RA-tech's Co2 magazine for USP's?

Are you really that upset about my grammar?

So what if Iam wrong what business is it of yours to correct me? Are you the Internet police :pac:

I shall continue to call them snipers because they are snipers weapons if I wish to abreaviate I will

Are you really that upset about my grammar?

So what if Iam wrong what business is it of yours to correct me? Are you the Internet police :pac:

I shall continue to call them snipers because they are snipers weapons if I wish to abreaviate I will

Well you are wrong calling it that its not grammar it's a fact. It begins to irk me because of it's repetative use. It is nothing personal.
    Say to an actual sniper that his gun is called a sniper and see what happens. I'm not saying you have to call them a sniper rifle I'm just telling that that IS what they are called.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_rifle

On topic again -
    Does anyone know when the sniper RIFLE in this video will come out (The one after all the M200s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nothing worse than a gun terminology nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Grammar:

the difference between knowing your sh1t
    and knowing you're sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lux-et-veritas

Originally Posted by Jsmurff viewpost.gif

technically you are both wrong, having spoken to a friend of mine (an ex army sniper) the weapon would be referred to as a rifle. (obvious really as any rifle used by a sniper, bolt action, semi-auto or otherwise would be a sniper rifle) no offence intended to anyone by the way, just my 2 penneth,
    back to news, does anyone know if you can n-pas the ghk aeg/gbb conversion kit as its a tad hot for us. i would love a drop in gbb conversion for those hot summer days........both of them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Lads what part of get back on topic do you not understand?

Off topic madness

> this way, Any further off topicness gets a free week holiday NO EXCEPTIONS.

• Advertisement

Not sure what to make of these! 239 USD for some bits
    of wood and a few sensors is a little pricey but airsofters
    have been known to pay crazy money on silly things.
    http://www.shootmyash.com/media.php

~B

Advertisement