Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i went through this evening but my tag didnt beep as usual does this mean it didnt scan my tag and ill now have to pay the usual fee of 3.80 i think it is via the website like and unregistered car would? or will it read my number plate and realise i do have an account?

No you don't need to pay if you have a tag no need to worry. If you ever get a bill you can show you have a tag and they will void the charge. Happened to me in the past when they started the Free Tolling, I don't have the tag on all the time but get charge becasue they know my licence plate has a tag associated to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

nava wrote: »
    No you don't need to pay if you have a tag no need to worry. If you ever get a bill you can show you have a tag and they will void the charge. Happened to me in the past when they started the Free Tolling, I don't have the tag on all the time but get charge becasue they know my licence plate has a tag associated to it.

excellent thanks mate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tiff09

Eflow Explained

If you go through the toll you have to pay by 8 pm the following day

You have 3 ways to pay
    1. By phone
    2. Online
    3. In a payzone outlet www.payzone.ie
    Paying in payzone keep you receipt incase of typo.
    Paying online get your reference number
    Paying over the phone take a reference

You have you back up there for any mistakes made

Paying late

If your paying in payzone for your payment to work you need to scan your letter in if you dont have a letter pay the tolls and penalty in journeys i.e 2 tolls and 2 penaltys on an ordinary car = €12 so pay for 4 journeys and call the call centre so they can close it off manually for you

Paying online you will need the notice number from your letter and click pay a notice/penalty not the option to pay a toll

Paying over the phone. you just need your card Simple.

Or to save yourself a whole lot of hassle register for one of there video accounts no tag issues you save money on your toll charge and you avoid penaltys and hassle

Hope this helps people who are unsure. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

tiff09 wrote: »

Hope this helps!

No, I still feel like I'm being mugged everytime I cross a bridge! Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tiff09

Fair enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

I was wondering if anyone on here could help me. I went through the westlink toll on 24th November twice.I completely forgot to pay for them but i havent heard anything from e flow as yet.

So im wondering how long does it take to get them letters and has anyone any suggestions as to what i should do ie. ring them up or just forget about it.

Thanks

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They usually post out within a few dys. However, give them a call and see what they have on file (don't refer to your specific journeys!) and I suppose, for the record, get the agents name, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I changed my car back in July and transferred my tag online from my old car to the new car. I went through the toll before xmas and I checked online and they are showing as my old car reg. Will I be getting a nasty letter or two from them?

You may but as you have legally transferred your car (insert assumption here), you cannot be found liable. Let them write to you - its not your problem though (unlkess there is a clause that you must notify them of any change of details)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

I posted this in the Commuting and Transport thread but maybe this is the right place to post it. Any help would be welcome!

I received a letter today from E Flow stating that I used the M50 toll road on the 16th December and I have to pay a €6.00 fine and had 14 days to pay the fine or I would be charged an additional €41.50. Now I was on the way home from Dundrum shopping centre and missed the slip road and went to far down the motorway by accident but I had no problems paying the fine so I went onto the E Flow website and typed in my information to pay the fine only to find the fine was now €47.50. The 14 days were up but the letter that they sent to tell me about the fine and the 14 days to pay only arrived today!

Now I have already emailed them explaining the situation. But I was wondering what other people thought, do I have a leg to stand on here or am I better off just paying the €47.50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Its 14 days from the day you passed the toll.... I got a few of those €6 bills.

no harm in giving them a call but its your word against theres.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oisin_t

I posted this in the Commuting and Transport thread but maybe this is the right place to post it. Any help would be welcome!

I received a letter today from E Flow stating that I used the M50 toll road on the 16th December and I have to pay a €6.00 fine and had 14 days to pay the fine or I would be charged an additional €41.50. Now I was on the way home from Dundrum shopping centre and missed the slip road and went to far down the motorway by accident but I had no problems paying the fine so I went onto the E Flow website and typed in my information to pay the fine only to find the fine was now €47.50. The 14 days were up but the letter that they sent to tell me about the fine and the 14 days to pay only arrived today!

Now I have already emailed them explaining the situation. But I was wondering what other people thought, do I have a leg to stand on here or am I better off just paying the €47.50?

I've been in your situation a two or three times (im really bad for paying for forgetting lol), and they were fairly sound about it once you explain it to them. They let me off once, but after that they told me its pretty much your own fault for not paying (which is fair enough)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I fecking forgot to pay a toll from last Thursday ............just remembed tonight and paid it there online now.

Will I get a bill now? What fine should I expect with this crowd?

God I hate Tolls. :-(

Did you get a letter from them? IIRC you need a reference number from them (sent in post) in order to pay the toll and fine (total of €6)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I went through the toll on Jan 10 and didn't have my tag positioned so that it could be read. No letter from E-Flow and no sign of it on my E-Trip activity-how long does it take them to match my reg to my E-Trip tag?

Normally within 24 hours. I have heard though there is a massive backlog with sending out the penalty notices, they are still sending out notices from November only now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I fecking forgot to pay a toll from last Thursday ............just remembed tonight and paid it there online now.

Will I get a bill now? What fine should I expect with this crowd?

God I hate Tolls. :-(

Call them up. Tell them you paid without having the reference number. You will have to pay the extra €3 fine but they should be able to transfer the €3 you paid already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭airvan

They are incompetent idiots. The first time I went through was paid by phone and sure enough I got the letter demanding €47.50. Finally sorted that.

Now my wife went through twice but forgot the pay on the day. So she paid the additional €3 online. Soon she got the letter demanding the extra money. Then the €47.50 and now a letter from the solicitor demanding €152. Checking her account they never took the money out.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? She made no attempt to dodge the toll and is now being penalised because they are unable to do their job properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

airvan wrote: »
    They are incompetent idiots. The first time I went through was paid by phone and sure enough I got the letter demanding €47.50. Finally sorted that.

Now my wife went through twice but forgot the pay on the day. So she paid the additional €3 online. Soon she got the letter demanding the extra money. Then the €47.50 and now a letter from the solicitor demanding €152. Checking her account they never took the money out.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? She made no attempt to dodge the toll and is now being penalised because they are unable to do their job properly.

Never ring them, it's a golden rule. Always contact them through their contact page. At least then you'll have physical evidence in a court case.
    Took me eight weeks to sort one claim out.

http://eflow.ie/contact/index_success.htm

Thanks Squod, we will try that. The whole thing is infuriating. We don't even live in Dublin and only rarely used the toll. Yet they managed to mess up with both of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buzzymam

I got 2 letters from solicitor for 152 each yesterday for a trip to Ikea last November, genuinely forgot to pay the toll. No other excuse, pure forgetfulness. Rarely if ever use the tll as live in the south east. Never got letters from e flow, just the intimidating pay up or expect high court judgement, stubbs gazette, effect credit rating. When we phoned the solicitors in kerry explaining that we cannot afford to pay the 304 (recently unemployed with 3 small children) that said well you'll go to court and then the sherrif can come to your home and take items to the value owed. All that for forgetting to pay a poxy €6. I have no problem paying my toll, paid the @6 immediately after getting solicitors letter yesterday. i'm not tryin to evade it but a 50 fold increase from 6 to 304 and all manner of intimidation aand scare tactics has left me feeling sick. I dont want a court summons but i cant afford to pay the fine, zero lee-way or negotiations with solicitors or eflow on the phone :(:(:(

I would think that people living outside Dublin are those most likely to be hit by that kind of thing. It's easy to forget. My wife did but then went online and paid it as she thought. Still we get the letters. For whatever reason they screwed up and we get to pay the penalty.

It is in fact disgusting to be treated like this for a measly €6. But don't be scared of them, call their bluff. It won't go to court, an earlier thread described what actually happens. My wife heard of another case where they accepted the explanation that they had changed address and simply asked that they set up an account so it wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't worry about idle threats about the sherriff coming around. That's nonsense. You wonder how those clowns sleep at night with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

I've an account with easytrip and I don't use the M50 that much but I always keep on eye on my account see what I'm getting charged. Cos while back when it was still Eazypass I noticed two deductions of about €6 each on the same day and worked out that it was the price of a truck, so they managed to mistake my Ford Focus for a heavy goods vehicle!! I'm presuming that the plate recognition misread the plate and came up with my reg number cos I definitely wasn't near the M50 on the date in question and charged me the €12 or whatever. So even though my reg would have been registered in the system as being with a Ford Focus I still got charged for driving a truck through the toll!! When I contacted them they sorted it but shows you need to keep an eye on your account transactions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I live in Limerick but do go up to Dublin a fair bit, so I have the video account and it works out the best

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

I have started a facebook group about Eflow if anyone is interested?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=108608699177431&ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Foxymona wrote: »
    I have started a facebook group about Eflow if anyone is interested?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=108608699177431&ref=nf

I don't believe in social networking.

I don't believe in social networking.

I don't believe in Eflow

I sure hope their solicitors are not looking at that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Already posted this in Commuting, hoping someone can help here:
    I have an eazypass tag, one which I barely use.
    I made 2 trips on the M50 that weren't registered by the camera, I got a notification and went online and used the registered user cancellation bit.
    Now my northbound journey reference was say 1222222211 and the south bound one was 2111122. My Notice number was also 21111122.
    SO as it says on the letter I inputted the Notice number and my details and it was accepted.

A few weeks later I received another notification saying I had not paid the North bound journey, I rang them up explaining how I'd already rectified this and given them my tag details, the CSR said to ignore the notice, it must be a glitch as there was nothing outstanding on my account.

Today I recievd my letter from their solicitors, now they're looking for 144 euro.

Eflow refuse to talk to me, say my account is closed off and they can't even confirm I rang them in mid Feb about this. Now I'm going nuts at home, I've gone through all my statements and found they did only take the 3 euro for the southbound journey even though I had authorized through the user notice cancellation to take both, am I screwed?

• Advertisement

I have started a petition against them and would appreciate it if you could take the time to sign it.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eflow/

Advertisement