Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

fluffer wrote: »
    I just realised I completely forgot to pay the toll last week.

I drove up and down the m50 a few times. (maybe 4)
    When I was living in Ireland I had a tag so never needed to worry about it. Now I am in the UK and was driving my UK car at home. Will they pursue me? Should I volunteer payment at this stage or is it best to ignore the issue?

UK car, no. They're only trying to screw paddys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

jock101 wrote: »
    I'd forget about it! UK car, UK resident. Freestate fines are not honoured in the UK, and vice versa yet anyway!

It's not a Free State fine though. Well, it is at first, but Eflow sell it on to a UK debt collector - EPC Plc. So expect the debt to be treated like another other UK debt.

On the flip side, you can treat the debt collector like any other UK debt collector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnk485

airvan wrote: »
    I would think that people living outside Dublin are those most likely to be hit by that kind of thing. It's easy to forget. My wife did but then went online and paid it as she thought. Still we get the letters. For whatever reason they screwed up and we get to pay the penalty.

It is in fact disgusting to be treated like this for a measly €6. But don't be scared of them, call their bluff. It won't go to court, an earlier thread described what actually happens. My wife heard of another case where they accepted the explanation that they had changed address and simply asked that they set up an account so it wouldn't happen again. I wouldn't worry about idle threats about the sherriff coming around. That's nonsense. You wonder how those clowns sleep at night with that attitude.
    NRA have handed over the extortion of taxpayers to a solicitors the main reason for this is one the solicitors in Kerry thought they were going to make a killing and now i think they aware that they have a poison chalice. My advice is take it to court Nra have so many misread plates at the moment and that shows huge flaws in their system and their inability to guarantee that every plate reading is correct all you have to find is one flaw and it throws the e flow case out the window. There were 10000 in 2008. And when writing back to the solicitors inform them what action your taking Pierce and associates are walking on very dangerous legal ground. Because if one case is thrown out then that sets the template for all other cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It will take just one case to win for the whole house of cards to fall. The Kerry gang will not allow that to happen.

Haddockman wrote: »
    It will take just one case to win for the whole house of cards to fall. The Kerry gang will not allow that to happen.
    The reason why i'm so angry over this is my daughters boyfriend was driving her car and didnt pay 6 e tolls, she got a bill foe 1498 euro from the extortionists in Kerry she went to court wasn't seen that day because she didnt fill in the form at the back of the summons giving her intent to fight the case. She queued up outside with people owing 10000 euro the average was 7000 euro we talked to a solicitor who could not even look us in the face he was so ashamed and embarrassed. Then she still got all the threatening letters a week later. after a few weeks they told her she could pay 700 euro and her name would not be sent to stubbs gazette. however after further e mails they said you could pay 500 euro, she has now offered 300 euro but to tell you the truth I'm strongly advising her to pay nothing at the moment. have done a little research their 200 misread plates a day at the moment thats close to 60000 a year, if one of those mistakes can be proven and have another daughter who has reminders and threats for funds she already paid, then who is to say that your plate is not a mistake their system is far from infallible actually far from it, that's why its essential that you fight your case "A mute barrister would run a coach and four horses through this legal farce" Also have done some research with the AA and have been told these cases from the solicitors will be thrown out of court. So do not allow NRA to intimidate you or harass you through pierce and Co ..GO TO COURT...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sounds like you should be as angry with the daughter's boyfriend.

eoin wrote: »
    Sounds like you should be as angry with the daughter's boyfriend.
    Believe it or night he made numerous attempts to make the situation right after lots and lots of phone calls to the NRA their reply was its out of our hands he said it was like talking to arrogant robots,they have a protocol as to what happens after a set period of time and that's that. I do understand that the toll has to be paid but to go from 3 euro to 150 odd euro in the space of a few weeks cannot be considered a fair fine and that's one of the main reasons why this annoys me so much apart from the thousands of mistakes they are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

folks this sounds like a daft question but do you have to pay the toll on the road if your going on at one junction and then off at the next? like going on at the M1 and off at Ballymun?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

No. Only if you cross the toll cameras. Essentially where the Westlink Bridge's Toll plaza used to be.

You only pay to travel between J6 (Blanch) and J7 (Lucan) in both directions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

I am astounded that Eflow is still in operation. They are an absolute joke.
    I switched my tag account from Eflow to easytrip earlier this year and have had no issues.
    With Eflow, there were so many I have lost count, jokers the lot of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dick Turpins Revenge

Well this is my story. I refused to pay for any trips on the m50 also my bin taxes too :). My court date was last March and fines totaling about 60,000euro. I made 500 trips :). I told the judge yes I made all the trips and No I wasn't going to pay. I was brought outside and the fee of about 6,000 was agreed to paying about 60 euro a week. Since I came home from court I have decided that I'm not going to pay it. So since then I have decided that I will do the time in jail. I'm F***** if I'm going to give this government another "cent" to bail out the banks.

I suggest that you sell up and leggit abroad as they will stick you in jail here for not paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Received two letters today for €45 each. First letters I've got, feckers never sent me any standard toll request letters. Only had to pay the original charges and fines totaling €12 because it was first time

I suggest that you sell up and leggit abroad as they will stick you in jail here for not paying.
    Under civil law the longest I will get is 3 months but having read all of this board I think i will just send them a check for 3euro a week and turn up in court telling them I am paying ;)

I think it is 3 months at a time. So they can keep sending you back to jail.

I think it is 3 months at a time. So they can keep sending you back to jail.

Seriously thats why this country is in the state it is!!! They say jump and we say how high. Where is the fight in everyone? Nearly all posters on this Thread have said " Im not paying idk they go into court and chicken out. If everyone refused to pay "ALL TOLLS" I'm sure they can't take the country to court. I think its about time everyone starts to remember that this is our country. First it was bin tax, then tolls and next is the water charges!!! Btw I still think this is double taxation as I have paid motor tax already.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dunlops26

Can anybody tell me what is going on with some car regs in this country.
    lately I have seen reg plates with Year/Irish county& numericals ie,08MH1234 but the blue stripe on the left hand side has "D" or "NL" or some other european country on it.All the letters and numericals are jammmed together so the reg looks foreign.The cars are all right hand drive.Were these originally bought in from europe and this is some new requirement on payment of VRT.They all drive on the left in europe so I am confussed.

They are just toll evaders breaking the law on numberplates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dunlops26

They are just toll evaders breaking the law on numberplates.

Well thats a load of crap!!.After hearing the greens & c/o talking about enforcing the motor tax law on commercial vehicles it`s no wonder the country is in a state.There`s more of these regs both foreign and doggy irish plates on the roads why can`t they concentrate on these and leave mr & mrs average alone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

dunlops26 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what is going on with some car regs in this country.
    lately I have seen reg plates with Year/Irish county& numericals ie,08MH1234 but the blue stripe on the left hand side has "D" or "NL" or some other european country on it.All the letters and numericals are jammmed together so the reg looks foreign.The cars are all right hand drive.Were these originally bought in from europe and this is some new requirement on payment of VRT.They all drive on the left in europe so I am confussed.

Some owners who have BMWs and the like have the plates made in the authentic (i.e. German) style even though they're Irish registered. Kinda like folks from the border counties who have their rear Irish reg plates in yellow I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spektum

Jenny100. stats were shown in all newspapers last week on how much improvement has been made. 95% decrease regarding fines being sent to the wrong person and general complaints are at a minimun . now i am no genius but its a bit of a coincidence that this has happened since the call centre has been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

called them and told them the notices never got delivered, turned 230 euro of tolls into 40 odd euro and paid them that quite reluctantly, emailed P&FG and told them with regards to the toll notice numbers U11xxxxxxx the matter is now settled with eflow, i expect no further angry letters

well ive got further angry corespondence , theyre expecting money within 10 days for 5 passages and have reduced to 36 euro a passage, totling 180 euro or whatever it is

if i just send them a cheque for the original toll of 15 odd euro amount am i right in saying they can do nothing more to me ?

I wouldn't send them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 confused.com!!

Hi I'm new here so forgive me if I'm asking a question already asked but I couldn't go through the whole 111 pages:) My boyfriend used my car a couple of months back and went through the toll twice in one week he paid the €12 after the second trip - Then I got a letter to say it wasn't paid to which he told me it was paid. Now I have a letter from their solicitors for €142 so I freaked and told him to sort it out. He rang eflow and luckily had paid by laser so had proof of tolls being paid so they said to ring or email the soliciors to tell them it had been sorted and tolls had been paid. Solicitors rang back this morning to say yes €12 had been paid but because one was out of the 48hr (or whatever) period that there was one still outstanding and thats where the fine of €142 was coming from. It was an honest mistake but now they want to either have the fine paid or go to court. The car is in my name and I don't particularly want to go to court but he thinks we should go and state our case (whenever it comes around to it) Has anyobe had the same problem and what happened? Can you go back to eflow and fight it through them or go to court or what?? Thanks in advance . Hope I haven't confused everyone with the way I've written this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Ok I have a query if anyone can help,here goes.

My son came into me last week with a letter from P&G saying he owes

2157 for 17 unpaid trips.

When I asked him why he didnt pay he simply says he forgot. 17 TIMES??

Ok anyway he has since paid 100 off it but I have advised him not to pay

anymore yet. I rang them on his behalf today, I informed them that he is

not working at the moment and that he simply does not have that kind of cash.

They said that as a "gesture of goodwill" that under the circumstances,

they would reduce the fine by 50%,but that it must be paid within 14days.

Otherwise it will be the full amount at 54euro per month from his bank acc.

Now I am not defending the fact that he recklessly used the bridge 17 times and didnt bother his ass to pay,but seriously 2157?? or even 1077(50% if he pays in the 14 days)

I made them an offer of 500 over 12 mths and she just literally laughed it off,saying "one way or the other this whole debt will be paid"

She threatened the county sheriff will pay a visit,and that it would be much better if he just paid up.

I am livid with these scumbags of solicitors!! I actually feel strongly enough to go to court with my son and fight it out,anyone been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

My son came into me last week with a letter from P&G saying he owes

2157 for 17 unpaid trips.

So does your son have anything worth €2157 the collection agency could take?
    If not then it's kinda pointless worrying about it.

Only the sheriff can take stuff not some 2 bit collection agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

Only the sheriff can take stuff not some 2 bit collection agency.

The collection agency could bring him to court, get a ruling against him and, if he's unable to pay, the court could ask the sheriff to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I actually feel strongly enough to go to court with my son and fight it out,anyone been there?

Let them take him to court. You've made a payment and are also trying to settle some more but they're not accepting. The judge will probably be pissed off that they're not accepting the €600 in the current climate.

Advertisement