Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Foxymona wrote: »
    I have started a petition against them and would appreciate it if you could take the time to sign it.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eflow/
    This may happen if you were unaware you went through a toll free barrier
    I disagree with this one being present - you'd have to be blind to be unaware you have to pay the toll (and it's not a toll free barrier, it's a barrier free toll!)
    if you made a payment and the payment was lost in the system or not accepted, or if you believed you made a payment and simply made a mistake. In some cases you may not receive an unpaid toll notice and, should you question this, you will be informed that Eflow are not obliged to send you notification that you owe for a toll.
    For these, I'd agree that Eflow should improve their notification procedures -- mainly with respect to providing receipts for all payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

I disagree with this one being present - you'd have to be blind to be unaware you have to pay the toll (and it's not a toll free barrier, it's a barrier free toll!)

For these, I'd agree that Eflow should improve their notification procedures -- mainly with respect to providing receipts for all payments.

Sorry- I have correct the typo- thank you for drawing my attention to it. However you may be unaware you have not paid as in my case I did pay online and could prove it but they claim I was paying for a different journey. But anyway, I appreciate it if you take the time to sign, and if you don't I appreciate your consideration. I have no desire to go over the fine points- I just want to find some way to try and do my bit to bring about change as they are ripping people off and it's not fair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I have started a petition against them and would appreciate it if you could take the time to sign it.

I am going to leave one of your links in place. Please do NOT post your link across multiple threads in multiple forums again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Foxymona

eoin wrote: »
    I am going to leave one of your links in place. Please do NOT post your link across multiple threads in multiple forums again.

Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

My wifes car has a video registration account that means everytime camera fix the numberplate money is being deducted from her account. A year ago I received a letter from them saying that I'm, as a owner of car, being fined with some crazy amount for not paying toll. The letter even contained a picture with my wifes car. Number plate was clearly seen. So I rang them up and asked what kind of sh1t was send to me and did they not even bothered to check their crapy system to see that car with that reg has already an account with them for over a year. They just said ok, no apologies, nothing, and hunged up on me. :eek: That bloody letter was also saying that they have posted me a number of reminders before which is a f***ing lie. The letter with a picture and crazy fine was the only letter I received from them. :mad:
    Now I live and work on the southside and not crossing tollbridge anymore but still receive monthly statements with with zero transactions. What a waste of paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 WilliamEgan

I can understand the anger at eflow. The business behind the toll itself is a real sham. But I still would prefer this imperfect system compared to returning the toll barriers and paying with cash each time. Traffic flow on the M50 has improved as a result of the barrier free toll and the road improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭pcardin

I can understand the anger at eflow. The business behind the toll itself is a real sham. But I still would prefer this imperfect system compared to returning the toll barriers and paying with cash each time. Traffic flow on the M50 has improved as a result of the barrier free toll and the road improvements.

Thats true. I agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Absolutely. I wish they introduced it on all tolls throughout the country (particularly the East-Link & M1 as those are the two that I'd use the most other than the West-Link).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lilybear81

Hi can anyone help,
    I'm new to this. I had an etag and after needing it replaced twice I gave up and decided to just pay as I was using the toll. I did use the toll in February and forgot to pay. The letter went to my mums address which is where my car is registered to as I live alone so for insurance reasons my car is registered to my mums. Any how when she told me about the letter it was too late and the fine had gone to the €142. So I called to pay it and the lady on the phone said there was over €2500 worth of fines outstanding to my car reg. I got a list of these dates were I am supposed to have used the toll and not paid and I went home and routed out all the tickets bar one. I sent these to them and called to confirm they had them. ( In May 2010) Once confirmed I was happy enough that everything was sorted. However I got a call today saying that they never recevied any envelope even though the girl I was talking to in May was able to tell me she had it in her hand and would contact if there was anything missing etc. The problem is I've just finished repainting my house and when I came across the bag of tolls tickets I thought Oh well thats all sorted I can throw these out now and DID. Help does anyone know what I can do now as Eflow say they have no record of my conversation or the package being recevied.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/eflow/

Oh man thats a fail, only 92 signatures, Id say 92 cars have passed in the time it took me to write this.

Having had to sit and wait to reach the bucket every day for many years I support the barrier free toll and comend the government for introducing what is a very innovative solution(I think only Ireland, Australia and a handful of countries have this).

While it would be better if they hadnt seriously underestimates the usage of the toll when building it and therefore no longer have a toll this was the best solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

No, no, building a new motorway and then putting a roadblock in the middle of it is a brilliant idea! :rolleyes:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Eflow, utter utter scum, I cancelled my tag account because of their sheer incompetance and paid up 3 months ago and I am still receiving statements for the amount of 0. Will they please just
    F OFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

I got a bill for a toll that i though my gf had paid for but she only paid for the inward journey! put i had since moved when they were sending the reminders to me. is it worth my while tryin to ring them to try get off paying the fine which is only 45 i spose, or should i just pay it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Vanhalla wrote: »
    I got a bill for a toll that i though my gf had paid for but she only paid for the inward journey! put i had since moved when they were sending the reminders to me. is it worth my while tryin to ring them to try get off paying the fine which is only 45 i spose, or should i just pay it

Worth ringing up and explaining, similar thing happened my sister, and she got off with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Hi all,

I currently have an account with eFlow - the video registration account - but i'm now i am using the m50 more, as well as the m1 toll in Drogheda and the m4 toll at Kilcock.

Any ideas for the cheapest toll to use all the above 3?

I have heard all the scary stories with eFlow, but i don't want to make that leap to that tag with all the admin fees / can't go below €12 before they use your credit card details etc....

I've looked at tagcompare.ie and made a few calls. They all look the same pricewise. Have i missed something out?

You help would be great here as its costing me a near small fortune in tolls just to do business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I've looked at tagcompare.ie and made a few calls. They all look the same pricewise. Have i missed something out?
    Nope. They are all very similar. Try etrip.ie, I have used them in the past and never had any problems. All the tag providers have the €12 credit thingy, which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Lilybear81 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help,
    I'm new to this. I had an etag and after needing it replaced twice I gave up and decided to just pay as I was using the toll. I did use the toll in February and forgot to pay. The letter went to my mums address which is where my car is registered to as I live alone so for insurance reasons my car is registered to my mums. Any how when she told me about the letter it was too late and the fine had gone to the €142. So I called to pay it and the lady on the phone said there was over €2500 worth of fines outstanding to my car reg. I got a list of these dates were I am supposed to have used the toll and not paid and I went home and routed out all the tickets bar one. I sent these to them and called to confirm they had them. ( In May 2010) Once confirmed I was happy enough that everything was sorted. However I got a call today saying that they never recevied any envelope even though the girl I was talking to in May was able to tell me she had it in her hand and would contact if there was anything missing etc. The problem is I've just finished repainting my house and when I came across the bag of tolls tickets I thought Oh well thats all sorted I can throw these out now and DID. Help does anyone know what I can do now as Eflow say they have no record of my conversation or the package being recevied.:confused:

do you have creditcard or bank statement showing payments made

• Registered Users Posts: 34 finch

dricco wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Got a question. Was up in Dublin for the Lenister v Munster game back at the start of May. Didn't realise it but on my way back to galway I took the M50 toll. Not up in Dublin much, so didn't know anything about the pay-online toll. So anyway, got a letter in the post yesterday saying I owe 150 euros in a fine. I didn't get any warning letters. It was my own stupidity, so I don't mind accepting the cost intailed to post the letter, say about 20 euros but 150 is way to steep.
    Any advice, going to call them at the weekend?

Dont worry about it.I got fines before which I ignored and then got a call from a solicitor. Ibasicaly told them I would not pay the fine but had no problem paying the original amount. Eventually just ended up paying the original amount. do not pay. This is a complete rip off. Where else do you know that onl has one day to pay a bill or are automatically fined without getting any reminders to pay bill. Its completely stupid system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 beatless

I also got a letter from Pierse & Fitzgibbon asking for 144.20 and saying that I was sent two notices!

I didn't get any notices in the post so it is just there word against mine and when I rang they said that they didn't have to send out the notices at all and the bill stands!!

Is there anything I can do..... can't afford to pay €144.....!!!

HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

beatless wrote: »
    I also got a letter from Pierse & Fitzgibbon asking for 144.20 and saying that I was sent two notices!

I didn't get any notices in the post so it is just there word against mine and when I rang they said that they didn't have to send out the notices at all and the bill stands!!

Is there anything I can do..... can't afford to pay €144.....!!!

HELP

Yes, contest it. I had no luck with eflow OR P&FG in a similar situation to your except I had 2 return journeys so the bill was looking like over 1000e. They had sent notices but to the wrong address. In the end I spoke to my local TD (or one of his staff) and they looked into it for me. They dropped the case.
    But fight it if you have the stomach for it. The M50 toll has been a joke since it started in the way it has been handled. A bit of good grace wouldn't go amiss. They could give more time instead of being such **** about it.

Anyway, good luck, whatever you do.

• Advertisement

Send them €3 in full and final settlement.

how do you mean final settlement??

The end of the matter.

Haddockman has this worked for you??

p.s. thanks for the replies...!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Same here, I paid the toll 3 months ago for my friend, return journey, he got a solicitors letter i the post today looking for 150 for each toll, it's a joke, I have a record of it in my bank statement so he should be ok, so even if you have it paid on time, they still send the notice

It has been suggested here before if you send them the €3 and basically tell them to f off with themselves that should be the end of the matter. They can't ever prove you ever got any of these alleged notices. They don't use registered post. That is their hard luck.

The €3 covers the toll and your liability.

Same here, I paid the toll 3 months ago for my friend, return journey, he got a solicitors letter i the post today looking for 150 for each toll, it's a joke, I have a record of it in my bank statement so he should be ok, so even if you have it paid on time, they still send the notice
    If you have proof of payment, you can safely ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I just realised I completely forgot to pay the toll last week.

I drove up and down the m50 a few times. (maybe 4)
    When I was living in Ireland I had a tag so never needed to worry about it. Now I am in the UK and was driving my UK car at home. Will they pursue me? Should I volunteer payment at this stage or is it best to ignore the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

I'd forget about it! UK car, UK resident. Freestate fines are not honoured in the UK, and vice versa yet anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

called them and told them the notices never got delivered, turned 230 euro of tolls into 40 odd euro and paid them that quite reluctantly, emailed P&FG and told them with regards to the toll notice numbers U11xxxxxxx the matter is now settled with eflow, i expect no further angry letters

Advertisement