Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

digitaldr wrote: »
    Don't use the m50 much but on the 2 occasions I have since barrier free tolling was introduced I waited for the letter in the post. Both times I was only caught for the southbound journey - could it be that the rear number plate on my CRV is too low to be read?

There are no rear facing cameras on the M50. Its just another one of their errors so you got lucky really!!:D
    At this stage its a miracle when they get something right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Went through the toll on Wednesday and forgot to pay by 8pm the following day. Didn't remember about it until yesterday. So I was completely in the wrong and have no problem paying whatever penalty there is imposed. So off I went to the eflow website and went to pay my toll and following is shown

"Only use this form for journeys made yesterday or today.
    For journeys prior to yesterday you must use the "Pay penalty" menu item and insert the notice number issued to you for the unpaid journey. For journeys prior to yesterday where you have not yet received a notice, please contact our call center at LoCall 1890 50 10 50."

Fair enough, so I rang the LoCall number only to be told they can do nothing as I haven't received a notice number yet. Asked why it states to phone the number if nothing can be done, asked for superior etc etc. Call lasted about 10-15mins and now waiting for a call back from them.

Has anyone experienced this scenerio before, wondering if they will reimburse for my phone call, might only have cost a few cents but thats not the point.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've been waiting for a phone call from them for months now, they still haven't bothered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Standard Irish company policy, ignore your customers even if they are trying to give you money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I got a letter today, informing me that I owe them €43 for a trip that I paid for, weeks ago.

I rang them and gave them the receipt details (paid in the local Spar shop)
    They then said "ah yes, I see you paid that, but there's two more outstanding payments due, give us six quid and we'll call it quits"

So I says "I'll pay any outstanding trips when I get the letters, with the dates and times etc.)

She says "you're not supposed to wait for the letters"

I says "it's not convenient for me to pay by 8pm the following day"

She then tells me that the €43 penalty still stands, as it is now transferred to one of my OTHER unpaid trips, and again asks me to pay her six quid, there and then.

I tell her I'm not paying, without having the details of when I supposedly used the bridge.

She can't give me an exact day or time, "could be this one, could be that one"

I tell her that I pay ALL MY TOLLS when I receive the letter, as I can check with the wife (she drives the car too) that the trip actually took place.

She tells me again that there are two unpaid tolls due, from a few weeks back, and suggests that perhaps I never received the letters in the post and again, asks me to pay for them now, over the phone.

I decline the offer and ask specifically, "what about this penalty letter relating to a trip that has already been paid?"

She says she'll remove the €43 fine when I pay her the six quid.

Then tells me to look around the house for the missing letters and to speak to the wife about a couple of vague dates that she gave me.
    She gives me her name and extension No.

"yeah" says I, "I'll give you a ring back tomorrow" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

isent there some law about trying to get money by false claims? pitty some one hasent the money to take them to court- a test case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will never take anyone to court. They claims would be thrown out of court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

dp639 wrote: »
    Went through the toll on Wednesday and forgot to pay by 8pm the following day. Didn't remember about it until yesterday. So I was completely in the wrong and have no problem paying whatever penalty there is imposed. So off I went to the eflow website and went to pay my toll and following is shown

"Only use this form for journeys made yesterday or today.
    For journeys prior to yesterday you must use the "Pay penalty" menu item and insert the notice number issued to you for the unpaid journey. For journeys prior to yesterday where you have not yet received a notice, please contact our call center at LoCall 1890 50 10 50."

Fair enough, so I rang the LoCall number only to be told they can do nothing as I haven't received a notice number yet. Asked why it states to phone the number if nothing can be done, asked for superior etc etc. Call lasted about 10-15mins and now waiting for a call back from them.

Has anyone experienced this scenerio before, wondering if they will reimburse for my phone call, might only have cost a few cents but thats not the point.

Any thoughts?

I let a payment on the fathers car slip last week by a few days before a copped I never paid the damn thing. Just went through the normal page,as if paying on time, have a copy of the payment details(for when the fun and games begin) and then the letter arrived after another 4-5 days. They're only looking for the original €6,no mention of late payment penalty whatsoever. In the letter it states"To allow motorists to become familiar with the payment process for paying M50 tolls,it has been decided to waive the penalty charge of €3 per unpaid toll for an introductory period to 30th November 2008"

The muppet on the phone should know the TC's of the payment process THEY'RE MAKING THEM.

Only after 14 days of date on attached notice(ie letter through door) non payment will then result in a penalty of €40.

So just pay via any normal channel before the 30th and you'll be ok.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to string you along and have you waiting for a letter that could arrive after the 30th.

That magical date of the 30th November has been constantly changing since it started. Initially it was middle of september, then end september, then middle of October, then end of October, then14th November, and now 30th November. Once that passes it will be 14th December I am sure. Surely the whole thing must be due for scrapping any day now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

My Dad got a bill for using the toll bridge. In passing he mentioned to me that he must pay it soon but he couldnt remember if he went over the bridge that day or not. Turns out that the day before we got the ferry to the uk to go to a funeral - in his car, so it wasnt even in the country on the date in question.

Now this all worked out ok in the end. called them and they admitted it was a mistake. But what gets me is that if i hadnt remembered the date he would have paid it anyway, even when he didnt need to.

Makes me wonder how many people just pay up when they disnt even use the bridge on the days they are being billed for.

• Advertisement

KhanTheMan wrote: »

Makes me wonder how many people just pay up when they disnt even use the bridge on the days they are being billed for.

I would imagine a huge amount. In most cases we have to just pay up in work here as there are so many cars on the fleet and tracking down exactly whether or not it went through the toll costs more in staff time than the €3 to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They will never take anyone to court. They claims would be thrown out of court.

The lad who posted a pic of his penalty notice on here (Savman?), he was sent a pic of a set of headlights, that would be some craic in court :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

leon8v wrote: »
    I would imagine a huge amount. In most cases we have to just pay up in work here as there are so many cars on the fleet and tracking down exactly whether or not it went through the toll costs more in staff time than the €3 to pay it.

I'd tell the head honcho not to bother. Apparently we were the last fleet company paying so we've cancelled the DD for E-Flow and are just binning anything that comes in the post from them.

Been waiting weeks for their representative to come in to discuss how to work this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'd tell the head honcho not to bother. Apparently we were the last fleet company paying so we've cancelled the DD for E-Flow and are just binning anything that comes in the post from them.

Been waiting weeks for their representative to come in to discuss how to work this.

Wow. If you were the last to pay then presumably no other fleet operators are paying any more? Now I'm convinced this whole system is going to go the way of voting machines and PARS etc etc.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Interesting. How do you know you were the last fleet company paying?

Really? You have cancelled it. I was wanting to suggest that for a while but wasnt sure if anyone else had done it. How many cars would you have on your fleet roughly, if you dont mind me asking? And have many others cancelled the direct debit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 topcat2

Does anyone know if photoblocker works on the cameras on the M50, and if so what is the penalty for using this kind of product, I rang the Gardai to ask them what the penalty was and the Garda just got thick with me, eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Has anyone who registered for the video option received a bill yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bond-007 wrote: »
    FOI the NRA in January. Will cost you €15 for the information.

Can't wait for the papers to dig this info up and publish it :D

Has anyone who registered for the video option received a bill yet??

Yeh, we have received them here. You generally get your statement around the 20-27th of the month following the one you are being charged for. ie October statement arrives around 20th November. Efficiency at its best!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Photoblocker? nah mate, you need this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16963 :D

A spell in the clink could be on the cards for using that. :D

unkel wrote: »
    Can't wait for the papers to dig this info up and publish it :D
    Maybe a little subtle encouragement required and we'll drop the indo or the times a wee email early Jan and see if they can stir it up :D

topcat2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if photoblocker works on the cameras on the M50, and if so what is the penalty for using this kind of product, I rang the Gardai to ask them what the penalty was and the Garda just got thick with me, eejit.
    LOL, what did you think he was going to say? FFS !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Got a letter in post for non-payment for going thru toll bridge on Nov 2nd - and I know I have never gone south of N3 junction since August! This is really annoying - especially since I am just after paying €125 euro parking fine when I had actually paid for the parking and the ticket flipped inside the car...! I am starting to think everyone out there is waiting like f*cking hyenas to make me a mistake...! :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

positron wrote: »
    Got a letter in post for non-payment for going thru toll bridge on Nov 2nd - and I know I have never gone south of N3 junction since August!
    I refuse to use the toll bridge for this exact reason (also because I'm fecked if I'm paying for something I have already paid for!)

I look forward to the day where after ignoring the various letters they send me, I get to stand in front of a judge and say "I've never used the toll bridge since barrier free tolling came in and they could have no proof that I did"

kbannon wrote: »
    I refuse to use the toll bridge for this exact reason (also because I'm fecked if I'm paying for something I have already paid for!)

I look forward to the day where after ignoring the various letters they send me, I get to stand in front of a judge and say "I've never used the toll bridge since barrier free tolling came in and they could have no proof that I did"
    Fair play.

The Mrs. got a letter yesterday from eflow with a picture of a set of headlights which apparently was her car :confused: She had paid for the journey online the morning after she used it and the charge went through on her laser card. They are now saying she owes €43 and they will have to "look into it" to see if she actually paid.

FFS. What sort of operation is this? They made excuses in their first 2 months of operation and you can sympathize with them in some ways but at this stage there really is no excuse. A shambles.

Sizzler wrote: »
    Fair play.

The Mrs. got a letter yesterday from eflow with a picture of a set of headlights which apparently was her car :confused: She had paid for the journey online the morning after she used it and the charge went through on her laser card. They are now saying she owes €43 and they will have to "look into it" to see if she actually paid.

FFS. What sort of operation is this? They made excuses in their first 2 months of operation and you can sympathize with them in some ways but at this stage there really is no excuse. A shambles.

I wouldnt either bother calling them. Just go onto the website put in the reg and toll notice number and then click the dispute button. A lot of people who get their first letter from them worry about it and get onto them straight away. We get letters all the time in work and if there is any doubt at all about it they are disputed straight away. Less admin time for us and let eflow deal with it after that. It has to be due to be parked in beside the electronic voting machines any time soon.

Also by ringing them up you are paying them more by having to call a 1890 number. Talk about adding insult to injury.

I deffo agree never bother calling them. :)

• Advertisement

Got the picture of the car in the post, along with the repeated request for €43.
    Not paying them and this time, I'm not even bothering to ring them.

See yiz in court guys! ;)

Advertisement