Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

They would pay for you calling to ring the 1890 number, they wouldn't get any money from it at all, just the 1890 operator would. If you have a mobile package with free minutes or a landline package with free local/national calls, they do have a 01 number somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oh, do we know what the 01 number is?

I despise 1890/1850 numbers. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

cormie wrote: »
    They would pay for you calling to ring the 1890 number, they wouldn't get any money from it at all, just the 1890 operator would. If you have a mobile package with free minutes or a landline package with free local/national calls, they do have a 01 number somewhere :)

yes the number is 1890 50 10 50 - Call 01 6602511, you can find it in saynoto1890.com

Also other alternative numbers there

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Oh, do we know what the 01 number is?

I despise 1890/1850 numbers. :)

I've a big 1890 number on the side of my van:o I've a little 01 one underneath it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I love it.
    Dear ,

Thank you for contacting eFlow Customer Services.

With regards to your cancellation request for STR Notice Number : XXXXXXXX,
    we would like to inform you that we will need more information as to why you
    wish to cancel this STR.

Please also forward us your vehicle details such as the make, model and colour
    of your vehicle so that we can compare it to our photographic evidence.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

eFlow Customer Services

• Advertisement

Their photographic evidence must be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

Savman wrote: »
    I love it.

SO they want you to do all the work. :rolleyes: ridiculous
    I would just reply and tell them to send you the photgraphic evidence of your car that you have already spent more time on it than you are willing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Trying to update my payment details with these jokers. Got a new laser card last week after last one broke, think maybe some of the details changed becasue they don't seem to be able to take money from it. Can't get through to the website or the landlines (the 1890 number is giving me some sort of weird tone and the 01 number rings out).

https://www.customer.etrip.ie/ is just hanging and hanging and hanging...

Agh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Anyone know if its a problem with their website. I have been trying to update the girlfriends dads account for fcukin hours! It wont let me log in. Wont even let me ring them! Any help greatly appreciate lads. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi there,

no help I'am afraid but I was on hold for 35 mins this morning and unable to log in ( server slow etc etc) and now lines engaged all the time . How the hell are we expected to update details or get issues resolved if we can not communicate with them.

what an unprofessional bunch

regards
    nicklauski wrote: »
    Anyone know if its a problem with their website. I have been trying to update the girlfriends dads account for fcukin hours! It wont let me log in. Wont even let me ring them! Any help greatly appreciate lads. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

And from December 1st they are now charging the €6 for unpaid tolls. Up until now they were waiving the additional €3 "administration" charge and only charging the €3 toll. We got two letters in this morning for car that went through on December 2nd and the toll each way ism €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I just received a penalty of €43 even thought I made a €6 payment for using the M50 on the same day. From what I read the Government pay out €25m to collect €80m on the M50. They could easily have increased duty on fuel by 1 cent or whatever it costs to generate this €55m. I can't wait until those w@nkers from Fianna FAIL and the Greens come knocking on my door for the local elections. Thanks to all of you who voted these clowns in. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DonJose wrote: »
    I just received a penalty of €43 even thought I made a €6 payment for using the M50 on the same day. From what I read the Government pay out €25m to collect €80m on the M50. They could easily have increased duty on fuel by 1 cent or whatever it costs to generate this €55m. I can't wait until those w@nkers from Fianna FAIL and the Greens come knocking on my door for the local elections. Thanks to all of you who voted these clowns in. :mad:

+1

the sooner the fianna failures are voted out the better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Was talking to a guy today who turned his lights off on the M50 approaching the gantry for 2 seconds a few weeks ago and he got a letter in the post on friday that had a pitch black square on it. Hilarious. Can you imagine that getting to court? Even if they had enhanced image capability how can they expect a punter to pay on receipt of a black square penalty notice :o The judge would throw it out and that would be that, the whole thing would fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I passed through the northbound toll this morning at around 10kph in bumper to bumper traffic. I removed my toll tag and hugged the car in front. The car behind definately hugged my bumper because he was sitting up and forward in his seat looking at his bonnett and my bumper.

Lets see now in 24 hours whether my number plate was read and charged to my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lol, a major loophole

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Colleague in work phoned up with >240 euros in fines on his account - moved address and didn't get the toll notices.

Signed up for a tag and all the fines were waived and I believe the charges put on as 2 euros rather than 3 - will need to check. Clearly they've realised that taking some of the money rather than never getting all of it is a better choice!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sizzler wrote: »
    Was talking to a guy today who turned his lights off on the M50 approaching the gantry for 2 seconds a few weeks ago and he got a letter in the post on friday that had a pitch black square on it. Hilarious. Can you imagine that getting to court? Even if they had enhanced image capability how can they expect a punter to pay on receipt of a black square penalty notice :o The judge would throw it out and that would be that, the whole thing would fall apart.
    Allegedly the cameras can work at night so turning off lights will not work. However, if his reg was not readable, how did he manage to get the notification?
    lol, a major loophole
    a dangerous one!

Quick! http://www.boffer.co.uk/ totally free, including delivery:pac:

cormie wrote: »
    Quick! http://www.boffer.co.uk/ totally free, including delivery:pac:
    :D

• Advertisement

Ah ffs!
    this is a spoof product and will be replaced by a real product when we have 3 mins of no one hitting the boffer me button

Remember folks if you hit the buy button this will stay :) Ps The next item is the BOC so if you want one don’t hit the boffer me button

Question:

If i want to change tag providers do I need to kill the first tag first and then order a new one or can I order a new tag and then cancel the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kbannon wrote: »
    Allegedly the cameras can work at night so turning off lights will not work. However, if his reg was not readable, how did he manage to get the notification?

I agree about the notification arriving at the right address.

They work very well in the dark.

From this..
    IMAGE_010b.jpg

To this....
    IMAGE_011b.jpg

Such a pity the complete rest of the system doesn't work.:rolleyes: I'd paid for that crossing,one day late mind,but 4 days before the first notice arrived which I ignored,cause I'd already paid, then the €43 crap arrived the other day. Quick phone call,"yes sorry about that sir,it's the system" etc etc. Don't worry about that I'm cancelling that now. You made that trip before Nov 30th so no penalty should have been issued. He didn't even want to hear the payment number I had from the online payment receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Got a toll notice with photographs, it confirms what is evident in the post belowabove:rolleyes:, the car appears to have been photographed at two different points on the road (ie, the close in shot is not a blow up and crop of the far away one - indicator is lit in one and not in the other). Also visible, even in the far away one, is my toll tag :mad: . Cant anyone at eflow do a few simple checks before sending out toll notices ??

Surely, even without the necessity for human intervention, its a basic thing for a database cross reference check against Easypass tag account regs to occur beforehand ?? Or maybe they havnt had such implemented in order to cut down the cost of the system - maybe this is also the reason there appears not to be tag readers between lanes ?

Has anyone on an actual eflow tag got a penalty notice for a tag failing to read, or does this only happen with non eflow tags ? I'd be interested to know, cos I'd would not be surprised if this only happens with non eflow tags.

OMCD. They will argue that possibly your tag was obscured, dirty or positioned incorrectly.

I see many many cars and vans with tags. Some cars have them on the lower part of their windscreen, the part where only truck drivers should place them.

Some have them on diagonally. I can abide that, its like putting a sticker on your car crooked. How can they live with seeing their toll tag at an odd angle. AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH OCD OCD OCD OCD(Not OMCD :D)

I have a tag and have received notices to the office, too bad for Sarah, she has to deal with all my fines which I should not be receiving, but deal with them none the less.

It simply another company whom the government through EU Tendering process picked in error. They will fail, be bought out and hopefully fix the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An RFID tag shouldn't have any problems if its dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

im at my witts end at this stage. i have an eazy pass tag and the money is taken from my account everytime and i then recive an email saying my account is suspended due to non payment.im forever having to prove the money has left my account. then because my account is suspended i get letters from eflow. incl 3 40 fines because i refuse to pay for them. i have now disputed all the fines. lets see how this goes.

oh and im still on hold to eazypass (48mins) at the moment.

:mad:

Give up rferguson.

I doubt any court is going to allow M50 toll cases into his/her court. They would be an unending list of people contesting it.

Leave Eazy Pass and all the other companies solve their own mess as long as you are doing your part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Hey Guys

I keep getting notices from eflow saying i owe them money but why do i keep getting charged 3.80 per journey?
    I already have an etrip account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Well €3.80 is the charge for a non-registered bus\coach or a non-registered goods vehicle under 2,000kgs. So for a start it looks like eflow and etrip ain't talking to each other re your tag. Does your vehicle fall into one of the above classes?

Have you gone through the notice cancellation process??

Advertisement