Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You appear to have got the M4 trip for free; otherwise that seems right - the purely PAYG tag comes with 4.40 credit and its 2.20 a go on the Westlink (2EUR + 10%). You'll need to top up before it will work at all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

MYOB wrote: »
    You appear to have got the M4 trip for free; otherwise that seems right - the purely PAYG tag comes with 4.40 credit and its 2.20 a go on the Westlink (2EUR + 10%). You'll need to top up before it will work at all again.

So I have to pay €25.60 for the pleasure of using the toll tag, this was not the impression I was given in the shop, I was informed (and anyone I was talking to since) that I would have €30 worth of credit. Otherwise this is an awfully expensive way for infrequent users to use the tollroads.
    This whole episode is shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I tried setting up a tag account, but the system said that the account already existed (huh?)

So I emailed them all the details and after several days I got a response telling me to phone them. I tried several times and then was informed I should put all the details in an email to them!!!!!!!

eflow, you owe me 18 minutes of my life back please.
    And no, I won't email you again, see you in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

patmac wrote: »
    So I have to pay €25.60 for the pleasure of using the toll tag, this was not the impression I was given in the shop, I was informed (and anyone I was talking to since) that I would have €30 worth of credit. Otherwise this is an awfully expensive way for infrequent users to use the tollroads.

Shop grossly misinformed you in that case, all the info is on tolltag's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh you've bought a Pay as you Toll tolltag rather than the Pay as you Toll+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh you've bought a Pay as you Toll tolltag rather than the Pay as you Toll+

Well I rang tolltag.ie and in fairness I got through straight away and the chap Robin was very helpful. He offered me a full refund or the tolltag+ option of paying an extra €10 and so I will have €40 worth of credit (although I wasn't overly happy about the automatic top up of €20 when the account gets down to €12) which I went for in the end. I felt sorry for him as I wasn't the first with this complaint, maybe one of the mods could put this info on the opening sticky about the differences between tolltag and tolltag+ as I feel it could save people lots of grief later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

just noticed they added to their website the option to submit your informtion if you recevie a notice but you are already regiter and also if you receive a notice but you were never there.

Is on the home page on the right on "Notice Cancellation" or direct link to Cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Slight error - moment of stupidity but I drove thro the M50 and then paid it online the next morn, however I got my reg wrong... anyone know what my options are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

what2do wrote: »
    Slight error - moment of stupidity but I drove thro the M50 and then paid it online the next morn, however I got my reg wrong... anyone know what my options are?
    Someone else has just got their account credited by 3.00 :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Alternative number to the 1890 number for eFlow.

As found on the SayNoTo1890.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    I got a bill yesterday for a trip southbound on the 13th. when the car was no where near the M50!
    They will ring me back....

no phone call
    rang them again today and selected option 5 as gaeilge! straight through to someone.

Reg Number had been misread. charge cancelled. doesn't inspire confidence in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

I have what is probably a very stupid question - but I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

I have an eflow tag and every few days it has been making multiple beeps each time I pass under the toll units. It normally only beeps once. I wanted to check my account to make sure I wasn't being tolled six or seven times for one trip but can't get access to my account online.

On their website I go into 'enable web account' and enter my acc no and surname. I then get a message saying my account is already web enabled and asks for my user id and password. I've tried my name, account number, reg plate and everything else I can think of but can't get access. I've kept every scrap of paper they have sent me and nothing has a user ID or password on it. I certainly haven't been asked to choose a password.

Everytime I ring I get an instant engaged tone once the computer has finished talking to me. What the jaysus am I doing wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Well I rang tolltag.ie and in fairness I got through straight away and the chap Robin was very helpful.
    If that was his real name :D

There was a poster here a fortnight or so ago who received a fine saying he crossed trhe M50 when he wasnt even in the country and his car was at home in the driveway :eek:Anybody any similar experiences and what has the outcome been? Dont use the M50 too often but tempted to say fcuk it and test the water on their process..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sizzler wrote: »
    There was a poster here a fortnight or so ago who received a fine saying he crossed trhe M50 when he wasnt even in the country and his car was at home in the driveway :eek:Anybody any similar experiences and what has the outcome been? Dont use the M50 too often but tempted to say fcuk it and test the water on their process..

Not doubting it but I recall a tale on here of someone outside the country getting done for speeding whilst out of the country - eventually turned out to be the car owners brother taking the car without permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tmulcahy365

Just got the letter of doom as well.

I have enough to do without having to sort this **** out.

kbannon wrote: »
    Not doubting it but I recall a tale on here of someone outside the country getting done for speeding whilst out of the country - eventually turned out to be the car owners brother taking the car without permission.

No doubt. But if the owner can prove he wasnt in the country then I would suspect they'll drop it. Its not in the same league of "criminality" of speeding.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I got three notices to pay today, despite having crossed the M50 twice every weekday since the start of barrier free tolling. My Eazypass hasn't changed or moved, so I wonder which lane has the dodgy sensor. In saying that you would think that the system would do a cross check against my reg plate before sending out a notice.

delly wrote: »
    I got three notices to pay today, despite having crossed the M50 twice every weekday since the start of barrier free tolling. My Eazypass hasn't changed or moved, so I wonder which lane has the dodgy sensor. In saying that you would think that the system would do a cross check against my reg plate before sending out a notice.

Folks,

Given the farce of the whole adminstratiion of this to date I would recommend you get in contact with the researcher from Prime Time who is looking for consumer horror stories / bad service etc. This seems to be as topical as anything at the moment and affects 100,000's of punters everyday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384610

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Warning !
    If like me you have an etrip or other tag and use multiple tolls every day ..... watch for errors on your account. While the big 4 page threat from eflow will get your attention, the sneaky 2 euro on your etrip may go un-noticed if you have lots of activity on your account. I have had both situations. Needless to say I cannot talk to anybody on the eflow phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I have been trying to pay a toll since last night.
    Last night I tried online - "an error occured"

This morning the same, so I ring them and give me cc number etc, and I am told - the system isn't working - I am to ring customer services.

I explained to the guy that I have been trying to pay online also - and I have been unable to, and ask "What will happen if I am not able to pay you, even though I have been trying" He told me "We will send you a fine.."

Customer services number just gets a busy dial tone.

I will happily pay the toll - if they allow me to.

Idiots.

TK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

And it gets better!
    My Credit Card company just rang to inform me that EFlow are trying to put 6 transactions through now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

NeMiSiS wrote: »
    And it gets better!
    My Credit Card company just rang to inform me that EFlow are trying to put 6 transactions through now!
    I'd look for blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

delly wrote: »

+1

Our company is getting anything up to 6 notices a day, despite all drivers having Eazy Passes that are fitted to the windscreen. We are no financially worse off, but is an admin headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

Hi all,

I think we should bring back the old toll system :

1) better customer service,
    2) it worked, but a bit slow,
    3) we could pay cash,
    4) no screw up's with credit cards,

regards,:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tolling should be suspended until all the issues are resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

vsat wrote: »
    Hi all,

I think we should bring back the old toll system :

1) better customer service,
    2) it worked, but a bit slow,
    3) we could pay cash,
    4) no screw up's with credit cards,

regards,:mad:
    whoah, let's not go nuts.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Tolling should be suspended until all the issues are resolved.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

I went through today, at about 12 and then again at 5, instead of the usual 1 beep, I got 3 in quick succession (I was in the outside lane both times), its not just past 6 and neither trip has appeared on my account, I rang them up and they said it will take some time and the 3 beeps is nothing to be worried about, has anyone else had this and will I find myself getting billed for 6 trips or was it, and its a long shot, that they were letting me know that my account was low

Has anybody noticed this?

http://erp5.eflow.ie/incorrect_vehicle/

They are basically apoligising for getting it wrong so if you get a notice just go on here and claim you didnt use it. Unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

My brother got a notice for a trip through the toll bridge that be made the Saturday before last and paid that evening. He has the receipt to prove it (not registered with any Robin Hood toll gathering showers). It's a great system, all right. How much is all this cr@p adding to the already-high cost of collecting this tax?

Advertisement