Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi Stall in Balbriggan Market

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Morlar wrote: »
    Tacky 'made in china' 'big jew nose' ashtrays (if thats what the guy was also selling( are obviously a completely different matter. No legitimate collector would go near one of those - though if it were a period novelty item then that (for some collectors) would be a different matter. Genuine historical militaria/related items should not be censored in my view. Censoring history is baaad mmmmkay.

Agreed, the up in arms crowd never seem to be able to see motivations beyond their own assumptions of evil doing. I doubt anyone would question someone collecting black and tan militaria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

luckat wrote: »
    But buying Nazi symbols is different. They're symbolic of a cult that existed purely for the murder of a specific ethnic group. Buying them is like buying into ethnic cleansing, all ethnic cleansing.

I see you got your facts right.

Like... What???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

hes making a living selling this stuff so what.....its illelagal to sell or display this stuff in germany....F.O this is Ireland.......the israeli ambassador has something to say on this..... F.O ...look at what your own country is doing presently to palestinians before you start speeching ....not anti semite or rascist but you would think jews were only ones to die in w.w.2...........................p.s why does w.w.2 be referred to as the holocaust by some :confused: anyway if hes making a living out of this FAIR PLAY to him. it would be worse if he was claiming dole ,wonder have german or israelis anything to say about that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

PrivateEye wrote: »
    He's not selling military history.
    ...and that's exactly what I'd have a problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

There's scumbags openly selling drugs in housing estates with children playing nearby and you are all getting angry about some man selling Nazi memoribilia?

He's not hurting anyone or doing anything illegal so I don't see the problem. Best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i hate off license owners too, but scumbags is a little harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

i hate off license owners too, but scumbags is a little harsh.

I get your joke but a lot of truth is said in jest. Off licences actually are more harmful to our society than the guy selling nazi memoribilia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Did anyone actually go to the stall? Was he selling copies of Jew Suss?

Advertisement