Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi Stall in Balbriggan Market

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

interesting...

getting sick of all these brave 'white warriors' popping up, pity he couldn't stick to Stormfront. If you go to any military fair, you'll see plenty of skinhead types who are a bit romantic over the aul' Third Reich. Generally big blokes with a tattoo or two (though one they can hide easy enough, can't have the white pride getting in the way of ther 9-5. Part time 'race warriors' that they are)
    "I am not a Nazi myself. This is just a way of putting food on the table."

Pathetic.

Interesting to know he'll be there next Sunday, I'm sure there are people who'd like to say hello to him next week.

'Never Again,Never Forgive'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sounds like Raurai's worried that we might be forgetting him.

I don't think they can get the stallowner unless he;s inciting hatred, can they? Open to correction on this.

Aslo think it's interesting that you're posting about nazi memorabilia with a pic of Fr Jack in the sig!! edit (or was that someoneelse in the show...?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't think there's anything wrong with him selling it. I think it's irresponsible to draw so much attention to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

should people not sell american or canadian flags because of the genocoide of the native americans?

if someone wants to sell something, and someone else wants to buy it then I don't see the problem.

He's not selling military history. If you go to a half decent military show, it's not uncommon to see pieces from the Wehrmacht alongside stuff from the Red Army and any other mass-produced crowd in the same category of general WWII era interest. This guy ONLY sells items relating to fascism, which on it's own is a little odd. He's also selling ashtrays and other rubbish with swastikas on them and anti-semitic DVDs. There's a line between historic interest and the kind of Nazi **** you sometimes find at militaria shows and the sort.

It's the normal 'I'm a big man' type crap from the fascists, and at the same time they haven't got the jaffas to even stand by their eh...'beliefs' Truly pathetic, you can be guranteed the people he's trading with are not military collectors either....PC Race Warriors more likely. Shouldn't be allowed a stall in public like that, who wants to see that out shopping?

Anybody who thinks its ok to display fascist flags in public should go check out their local library, and go straight to the history section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Reminds me of this episode of father ted (the scene I'm thinking of is about 1:50 in) though it's all funny :D

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=462_1200628636

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

So who gets to be the one to decide what can and cannot be sold???

If he wants to sell something whats the problem?? Because of some war 60 years ago that realistically never actually reached our shores? Im not a racist, but this jewish ass licking gets on my nerves, especcially considering that Stalin & Lenin killed 11 times as many innocent people as Hitler did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The Gardai are usually in attendence at that market. If it was illegal he wouldn't still be there. Most of the stuff he sells i'd have no issue with, things like helmets, firearms, swords etc. Although i wouldn't be so sure about items which puts groups of people across in a bad light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'd love to get one of the German helmets. They look pretty bad ass. The swastica is a pretty cool looking thing as well. I really don't see the problem with selling memorabilia like this, what did the Nazi's ever do to anyone? First of all the Holocaust never happened and even if it did, I would have thought that getting rid of the Jews was a GOOD thing!

This post may contain information that is not 100% accurate.

but this jewish ass licking gets on my nerves

I would consider myself an anti-fascist.
    My family were in Fianna Fail in the 20s, and some engaged in anti-fascist activity in the 30s. Opposing a scumbag like the bloke selling his Nazi ashtrays is nothing to do with 'jewish ass licking', but a dislike for fascism showing it's face in society.

Franco was a fascist who murdered thousands upon thousands of trade unionists and leftists. Hitler murdered thousands of handicapped people, social democrats and dissenters. More people suffered at the hands of fascism than the jews.

I'm often highly critical of the actions of the Israeli state. It's not some 'zionist agenda' as the chimps on Stormfront seem to think, it's just people who are disguisted by fascist symbols being displayed in public, and fascist DVDs on sale at a feckin' market in 2008. There's no jewish 'ass licking' going on. I'm just opposed to symbols of hate being displayed in such shaddy circumstances. I've seen fascist medals in antique shops before, they're a part of history- this stall doesn't come across like the property of some historian or collector.

Irish men died fighting fascism remember, in the Spanish Civil War and indeed in World War Two fighting for the allies in the British Army. The war might not have reached our shores, but enough of our men died on French shores during it.

• Advertisement

Zomg ban me. The way to deal with facists is to make a mockery of their ignorance, not to suppress them when they're not doing anything illegal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ass Face wrote: »
    I'd love to get one of the German helmets. They look pretty bad ass. The swastica is a pretty cool looking thing as well. I really don't see the problem with selling memorabilia like this, what did the Nazi's ever do to anyone? First of all the Holocaust never happened and even if it did, I would have thought that getting rid of the Jews was a GOOD thing!

Ease up on the offensive crap.

Ease up on the offensive crap.
    It's ok for me to joke about the holocaust. My Grandfather died in a concentration camp....

... poor bastard fell off a gaurd tower and broke his neck.

A rare LOL from me.

I giggled too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

FSS. You'd swear the stall was selling live hand grenades. Free country. If someone's dumb enough to buy that rubbish then why does anyone give a ****.Sick of the nanny state :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

While this Nazi material is not illegal in Ireland....

If what he's doing isn't illegal, then there's no reason his stall should be shut.
    It's a niche in the market - Stormfront members have to buy their status symbols somewhere. If you don't approve then don't go to that stall.
    It's ok for me to joke about the holocaust. My Grandfather died in a concentration camp....

Have to admit that made me lol :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Sorry, that's just not funny. My grandfather died in a camp too.

A guard fell on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

godwin's law tbh

Silverfish wrote: »
    Sorry, that's just not funny. My grandfather died in a camp too.

A guard fell on him.
    We should totally hook up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    It's not some 'zionist agenda' as the chimps on Stormfront seem to think

Again lay off the chimps man. Try using tse tse flies or some other hated useless creature to compare the SF crowd to. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

marcsignal wrote: »
    Eh... personally I think that is a bit of a nicht nicht :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

well like i said in the op, i don't have an issue with the uniforms or even the flags, I have some ww2 memorabilia myself, but the ashtrays are a bit much.

I'm certainly not PC, far from it. I just think selling things that are clearly Anti Semetic is sinister, and I'm pretty sure there are laws against inciting racial hatred.

Seriously, a Cariciture of a Jewish face, in an Ashtray ? Is it just me, are can anybody else make the connection here ?
    Stuff like that was common in nazi Germany and the seller claims they are original items. Extremely unlikely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Just found this on web

There is a stall in this Balbriggan market selling Nazi Regalia ??

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2008/aug/03/nazi-memorabilia-openly-on-sale-in-dublin-market/

OK there are a lot of reenactors etc that can source uniforms and imitation firearms there etc, and I have no issue with that, but this bloke is selling ashtrays with faces of Jewish Caricatures in the base. Eh... personally I think that is a bit of a nicht nicht :(
    what,like the town comissioners have a stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Stuff like that was common in nazi Germany and the seller claims they are original items. Extremely unlikely imo.

Right so. Get him shut down on false advertising/dodgy fake gear ;)

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal an ashtray with Alan Alda's face at the bottom. Ashtray piracy is a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There was a shop on Dorset St selling Gestapo costumes, swastikas, and Nazi WW2 memorabilia for years and no one batted an eye to it. That market in Balbriggan is mad, went there a few years ago and there was about 10 stalls openly dealing in bootleg DVDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Who values the diversity of a racist tosser?

Beside Germans from the 1930's get a racist rap thrown at them in all those Indiana Jones movies!

I don't think ashtrays make people racist anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Look, I have seen this stuff. It is mostly militaria, some political historiana and some less appropriate stuff which is still pertinent to a shameful part of Europe's history. However, they are not citing hatred, not promoting fascism, not forcing you to look or buy. The simple fact is that we are fascinated with this kind of thing from both a historical point of view and from sheer morbidity.

Maybe the ashtrays are real, would that make them more acceptable to you?

The sale of flags is not the promotion of fascism. It's selling flags.

Surely the sale of guns etc should be more offensive than anything else. They are weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ah lads, 'tis only the murder of 6 million Jews & 5 million gypsies, homosexuals, retards and a smattering of cross eye'd fvckers we're talking about here ffs :rolleyes:

God forbid Sinn Fein had a stall glorifying selling ashtrys with the faces of murdered British & Irish men, women and children on 'em, that would give ya all something to whing about!.

Tbh, and I'm coming as this as someone with strong Jewish connections. I could care less about an idiot selling this crap, but I'd care more about the attitude of the **** who'd feel the need to buy it.

Oh, and I have a cat I named 'Kitler' too!.

(really, I do!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I would consider myself an anti-fascist.
    And I would too.
    Opposing a scumbag like the bloke selling his Nazi ashtrays is nothing to do with 'jewish ass licking', but a dislike for fascism showing it's face in society.

Like I totally see where your coming from. But Im just saying where do you draw the line?? Do you forbid the selling of Soviet/Communist memorabilia given that Stalin killed a LOT more people than Hitler? Or should Chinese symbols be forbidden cause of the blatant abuse of human rights there? Who decides what ia appropriate/innapropriate.

But anyway the fact of the matter is these wannabee-fascists purchasing such items are just down about life and dont feel good. So it is easy to just blame their troubles on the evil Jews and profess superiority. Instead of actually trying to solve their insecurities they declare themselves superior than others based on random details - the colour of their skin and place of birth. And you know what that makes them? Inferior.

Advertisement