Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi Stall in Balbriggan Market

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

turgon wrote: »
    Like I totally see where your coming from..

How long have valley girls had a view on Nazi trinkets? :pac:

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I doubt anything original gets sold in Balbriggan market, be it a DVD or something at this fellows stall. No doubt there will be a bunch of misguided idiots protesting there next week and a few call ins on the Joe Duffy show to ban the swastika. Banning symbols, ideas or political parties never achieves anything positive.

Awaits enevitable accusations :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Franco was a fascist who murdered thousands upon thousands of trade unionists and leftists. Hitler murdered thousands of handicapped people, social democrats and dissenters. More people suffered at the hands of fascism than the jews..

The UK kills about 95% of people with Down's Syndrome.

Heil Brown !

While this Nazi material is not illegal in Ireland, a spokesperson for the German embassy told the Sunday Tribune that according to German criminal law,

Why do we give a flying facist about Germaniain law ? This is EIREAAAAAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If only images were enabled, this would be derailed into an awesome spartan photoshop thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

The UK kills about 95% of people with Down's Syndrome.

I must have missed that....
    Where exactly have they been doing that?

• Advertisement

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I must have missed that....
    Where exactly have they been doing that?

I believe it's an attempt to change the topic to abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

'The far right' and abortion?

When did that happen :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Nice bit of free advertising for the guy anyway.

Nice bit of free advertising for the guy anyway.

I'm sure the hassle he'll get will outweigh the benefits of the publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Other people complain about what happened to the Jews and the Holocaust but, you know, the Germans went through far worse after the war ended from the Russians. All their women were raped.

Wow....

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Wow....

Where did that quote come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

sign me up for 1 swastika please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The guy selling the stuff was quoted as saying that in the Tribune today.

Anyway - let him sell it - what's the big deal. As regards German law - as another poster said - this ain't Germany. In Germany it's also illegal to deny the holocaust. I actually consider that a restriction on the freedom of expression. Not that I'm denying it but if I wanted to I should have that right as long as I am not inciting people to repeat it.

To the people who think his sales should be banned should we ban the sale of Mein Kampf as well? It's available in Waterstones and on Amazon. Let's kick up a fuss about that too.

If people want to buy this crap let them. Objects do not define a person. Buying or selling a nazi flag does not make you a nazi. It's your actions that define you.

I'd be more concerned with the article on the same page in the Trib about the London Rose of Tralee contestant. Stormfront have been spouting their usual crap. I'm not concerned about Stormfront (they're just morons) - I'm am concerned with the Tribune actually giving those assholes column space. It was a quarter page article - could they really not have found some real news to fill up that page?

Cheers for that Macros42.
    I believe there were quite a few German civilians killed alright, quite a lot in the final campaigns and something like 2 million died after being thrown out of settlement after the war. The numbers aside it's comparing apples and oranges. And they did start it :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I think it's more fascist to stop people from selling nazi ashtrays than it is to sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

heh heh, i can't believe this was gonna be so volatile :)

marcsignal wrote: »
    heh heh, i can't believe this was gonna be so volatile :)

These are the times when I wish I could have a second account just to stir up trouble :D.

I for one would like to welcome out new Nazi overlords.

I'm just back here after spending the last 11 months living down the street from the Dachau camp, and I just find it strange, because it seems the Nazis are more popular than ever here :D

Dachau is a great place for a pint i might add, great Irish pub there too

it seems the Nazis are more popular than ever here :D

Nazis....................is there anything they can't do?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Mairt wrote: »

God forbid Sinn Fein had a stall glorifying selling ashtrys with the faces of murdered British & Irish men, women and children on 'em, that would give ya all something to whing about!.

(really, I do!).

The Shinners used to have a gift shop in Crossmaglen,,, selling that kind of stuff, they may still have.

I haven't looked recently,,, but they used to sell some real choice memorabilia.

im half thinkin bout getting up to that stall next week, just in case hes all sold/burnt out.There's a coupla old timers I interviewed when I was there, that I'd love to send an ashtray to (god forgive me for thinking so)

im half thinkin bout getting up to that stall next week, just in case hes all sold/burnt out.There's a coupla old timers I interviewed when I was there, that I'd love to send an ashtray to (god forgive me for thinking so)

You've just given me a brilliant lateral thought Idea,, for a business enterprise.

A stall/Ebay shop for memorabilia of notorious and infamous Clerical/priest child sex offenders.

We could even have conventions like star trek,,, most of them are out jail at the minute,,, they could do the convention circuit,,, proper horror stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm sure the hassle he'll get will outweigh the benefits of the publicity.
    I'm cynical enough to believe it won't.
    Maybe the newspaper published the article out of some social conscience, and we'll all rally around, picket the market and get the stall shut down.
    We all like being outraged, but we don't like actually doing anything about it.
    It'll be forgotten about it inside of 3 days, when the local rag finds something new and more shocking to write about.
    In the mean time, we now know a handy place to get some nazi gear.

krd wrote: »
    You've just given me a brilliant lateral thought Idea,, for a business enterprise.

A stall/Ebay shop for memorabilia of notorious and infamous Clerical/priest child sex offenders.

i can see it now, t-shirts with fr. brendan smith there, lookin like 'dirty harry' with his luger in his hand, and the caption could read,

'make your day? I'll make your f+ckin hole weak'

:D

sorry, im very pissed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

I think one of the stupidest things I have ever seen and heard in person was a couple of months ago. Was walking down a street here in Korea when quite randomly came across a small group of 5-6 Americans/Canadians.

Two girls were 'consoling' another who was crying and sobbing really loudly about her family, her people and other such rubbish.

Whereas 2 guys (1 pretty big guy) were shouting and acting aggressively towards a stall owner, a 50-60 year old man.

I stopped to see what the hell was going on and of course the group of idiots started talking to me because I was the only other foreigner there and they assumed I was american or canadian.

Anyways, basically they came across this stall and one girl saw a necklace with a swastika on it. Started crying about her family/people etc because she was jewish and the rest of the brave PC'ers decided to jump on the hysterics wagon.

I hope everyone here reading this already realises whats going on.

So basically this guy was selling some jewellery, a lot of it Buddhist in nature.

Was as well talking to a family of chipmunks. One girl and the smaller guy seemed to realise the error of their ways while the others didn't seem to believe me or the stall owner who actually turned out to speak basic English if they had stopped shouting at him for 2 minutes and let the poor fella talk.
    They eventually seemed to start believing us and then started saying how its terrible that Buddhists can use the swastika and they should change it.

And you know what the moral of the story is kids ?

No amount of flags crosses, uniforms etc is going to cause anywhere near as much damage as simple ignorance.

You should educate people, not ban anything. By banning these symbols and ideas you are making them far more dangerous.

What happens if I turn up in Dublin airport tomorrow with my girlfriend wearing a swastika on a necklace ? How many people are going to think a) asian nazi wtf ??? or b) religious item ?

i can see it now, t-shirts with fr. brendan smith there, lookin like 'dirty harry' with his luger in his hand, and the caption could read,

'make your day? I'll make your f+ckin hole weak'

:D

sorry, im very pissed now

Fr Brendan Smith is Irelands answer to Charlie Manson..

Someone should form an industrial goth band -- combining the name of Katy French and Fr Brendan Smith -- They Could be called Katy Smith or Brendan French.

Though "Brendan French" sounds like a proper scary paedo name

At the conventions we can have a special kind of "haunted house" ride ,,, where children can ride a little train into a dark room and get felt up by the ghost of Fr Brendan Smith

best post monosharp, you win :)

would you like an ashtray or a flag ??

I really can't see why anyone has a problem with the symbol of the Swastika.

I have one tatooted on my forhead.. And it has nothing to do with the "Nazis"

It's a celebration of Charles Manson and his family.

And to tell you the truth,, I've never heard anyone complain to me about it.

• Advertisement

krd wrote: »
    I have one tatooted on my forhead..

Ah ! it's yourself !! :D

Advertisement