Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nazi Stall in Balbriggan Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Don't see anyone moaning about every crappy clothes shop in temple bar flogging soviet kit. But then peasant farmers and mongolians probably arent quite as good at publicity campaigns as jews

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bambi wrote: »
    Don't see anyone moaning about every crappy clothes shop in temple bar flogging soviet kit. But then peasant farmers and mongolians probably arent quite as good at publicity campaigns as jews

To say nothing of the student halfwits who eat in Mao restaurant..named after a peasant brute whose forced colectivisation policies condemned millions of his own people to death.

But of course chinese people dont count as there's so many of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Degsy wrote: »
    Would you not be better off minding your own business and letting him to get on with his?
    If there was any fear of there being REAL nazis there you wouldnt be talking about picketing.

Public right to protest, something cracked down on by the Nazis actually.

To say nothing of the student halfwits who eat in Mao restaurant..named after a peasant brute whose forced colectivisation policies condemned millions of his own people to death.

I'm very left wing in my politics and won't eat in Mao for that reason.

TBH I don't have the same problem with him selling the Swastika flags as i do of him selling the race hate DVD's and horrible stereotyping ashtrays.

• Advertisement

TBH I don't have the same problem with him selling the Swastika flags as i do of him selling the race hate DVD's and horrible stereotyping ashtrays.

Right to provide a customer service..something the nazis cracked down on actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

As a person with an episodic mental illness I probably have more to fear than most from a Nazi revival. However I'd like to think I would be able to argue my right to life over the type of person who goes to Temple Bar to buy this sh1te. Don't even get me started on Balbriggan...

Right to provide a customer service..something the nazis cracked down on actually.

Actually, we have no enshrined right to provide customer service.

As a person with an episodic mental illness I probably have more to fear than most from a Nazi revival. However I'd like to think I would be able to argue my right to life over the type of person who goes to Temple Bar to buy this sh1te. Don't even get me started on Balbriggan...

:confused:

Actually, we have no enshrined right to provide customer service.

So you think that certain things should be banned from sale because you dont trust the populace not to become influenced and act on it?

Much like the nazis banned certain books from sale?

• Advertisement

Don't forget to mention the fact that they insist on fair trade coffee.:rolleyes:

So you think that certain things should be banned from sale because you dont trust the populace not to become influenced and act on it?

Much like the nazis banned certain books from sale?

We have laws against incitement to racial hatred. Do you think they should be repealed?

Don't forget to mention the fact that they insist on fair trade coffee.:rolleyes:

Typical left-wingers..stupidity,ignorance and hypocrisy in equal measure.

We have laws against incitement to racial hatred. Do you think they should be repealed?

An ancient symbol used by several civilisations BEFORE the nazis discovered it is hardly incitement to hatred.

In a democracy EVERYTHING should be allowed or its not a democracy.

:confused:

In the event of a totalitarian regime taking over your chances of survival depend on luck and your usefulness to the regime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Morlar wrote: »
    Wow people who go around beating up people who they disagree with. That'll fix things.

Yep:),only fascists though so its kinda ok,isnt it?

Tbh I dont think there will ever be much support for fascists in ireland(i hope)not with our history.Even the blueshirts are hyped up to be more than they actually were.

besides the chap in balbriggan is probaly only selling the DVD's to the poles and his market is dwindling the longer recession goes on:pac:

An ancient symbol used by several civilisations BEFORE the nazis discovered it is hardly incitement to hatred.

I never said banning the swastika, please don't misinterpret me. And the Nazi's inverted what the traditional swastika was. I'm more in favour of banning the racial hatred dvd's.

In the event of a totalitarian regime taking over your chances of survival depend on luck and your usefulness to the regime

And keeping your mouth shut.

This is the reason that ordinary germans were vilified for being 'complict' in the holocost.

I never said banning the swastika, please don't misinterpret me. And the Nazi's inverted what the traditional swastika was. I'm more in favour of banning the racial hatred dvd's.

What racial hatred Dvd's?

The only ones i've ever seen have been blacks ranting about killing whites.

from the article linked in the OP
    Nazi memorabilia, including swastikas, ashtrays and anti-semetic DVDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

compare this
    http://heathenworld.com/swastika/Images/buddhist_temple.jpg

to that:
    http://www.thirdreichruins.com/luitpoldarenalife.jpg

hardly the same thing, is it?

you might want to re-evaluate that statement if you want to be taken seriously ever again :D

from the article linked in the OP

Linked to what exactly?

WHAT "anti semetic DVDs".
    I know a number of those stalls and shops and they sell either original militaria or reproductions but i've NEVE heard of one flogging anti jewish films!!

Well, there's one in Balbriggan market that sells anti-semetic DVD's according to the article in the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The irony, the anti-nazi people want this stuff banned, but the nazi's want the freedom to buy what they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Quint wrote: »
    The irony, the anti-nazi people want this stuff banned, but the nazi's want the freedom to buy what they want
    not really....

and you cant effectivly ban a symbol.... its like banning a word.

btw look at these two... 1 is a ss unit symbol the other is a buddhit one... not much diffrence
    NAZI%20VIKING%20PENNANT.jpg
    124px-Broken_crossed_circle.svg.png

ohh and heres an interesting thing....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_Laundry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Well, there's one in Balbriggan market that sells anti-semetic DVD's according to the article in the OP.

From what I recall this story broke first of all in about 2007 and the owner of the stall has since been on indymedia (of all places) giving his account of the story.

Apparently the journalist essentialy coaxed him into posing by a flag (by asking could he see it unfolded, and held out to get what size it was, before he would decide to buy it or not) while a surreptitious photographer took a picture from a distance which was then presented completely devoid of context.

Without googling for it the owner gave an expanded account of the journalist which, basically, would make a sun journo blush.

There are legitimiate items of Third reich militaria which contain an anti-semitic element (surprise surprise! ). These are items of historical value, whether they are the infamous 'Der Ewige Jude' postcards (which go for about €90 and are often collected by jewish collectors) or the movie itself, or various publicity materials produced throughout this period.

Tacky 'made in china' 'big jew nose' ashtrays (if thats what the guy was also selling( are obviously a completely different matter. No legitimate collector would go near one of those - though if it were a period novelty item then that (for some collectors) would be a different matter. Genuine historical militaria/related items should not be censored in my view. Censoring history is baaad mmmmkay.

Quint wrote: »

:)...and the anti-nazis will buy it to be informed and the nazis won't cos they're not racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

peasant wrote: »
    What do you mean "hardly the same thing", they are almost identical!!!

The Japanese fought under the Rising Sun flag but you regularly see it at football matches, on posters, t shirts etc. The Japanese were just as brutal as the Nazi's in their treatment of prisoners and before someone feels it is necessary to mention it I know they did not kill all the Jews, but dont fool yourself, they would have if they had got in their way and they would have killed any other race or nationality either. If dickheads want to buy things to put in their own house then let them, why does it bother you, if they decide to march down the street chanting slogans demanding the slaughter of a certain race then the cops will deal with it I am sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kilkennym

does anyone really give a monkeys????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

kilkennym wrote: »
    does anyone really give a monkeys????

http://www.tribune.ie/article/2008/aug/03/nazi-memorabilia-openly-on-sale-in-dublin-market/

Labour TD Ruairí Quinn has called for a full investigation into the Outpost Militaria stall at Balbriggan market

But otherwise no, not really.

Advertisement