Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms and Convective Potential (Welsh imports 28/7/08)

Options

Comments

25mm/hr
    mostly sheet lightning at the moment.

pc is going off now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

nemonoid wrote: »
    Flashes visible to my south east now, lighting up the clouds from behind with dramatic effect.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Have just seen a couple of distant high level flashes to my east - was out in the back garden looking skyward (obviously) and, while you can't make out an anvil, there is a glow overhead of the last bit of sun/light catching the top of the cloud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

:D:DI see lightning now

Time to get the beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I can see very high level flashes from the velux upstairs. Alot of haze though is abscuring it.

StratoQ, anything down Kilkenny way?

• Advertisement

Small isolated showers breaking out ahead of this imported belt. Moate in Offaly/Westmeath looks like being hit again and down south Kilkenny into SE Tipp has a potent shower going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Huge winds and rain in Rathdrum Co.Wicklow. Massive bursts of thunder and lighting. !!!

Snowbie texted me from Howth summit to say that they've seen 3 C->G strikes and can hear distant rumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Danno wrote: »
    Small isolated showers breaking out ahead of this imported belt. Moate in Offaly/Westmeath looks like being hit again and down south Kilkenny into SE Tipp has a potent shower going on.

Danno, the strikes that we are seeing on your page off the Wexford coast, are they actually happening more inland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭arctictree

Started raining here just now...

• Advertisement

Can see the flashes (just heard thunder distant) - getting more frequent and getting closer. 3/min atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Latest high-def radar, can't see anything further inland as Danno was reporting:hiradarzoomv4.pl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

Darkman2... what's your location again? Meath isn't it or Glasnevin isn't it? Just wondering because it might be time to start a lookout if you're near my eara!

Look East - I am near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭highdef

Hey rc28, slightly off topic but thanks for all these screen shots. They're great and I'm sure are very much appreciated by all on the board here. Wind has picked up a bit now, temp is 17.5. Camera is ready to roll!!!

More storms developing over Wales and Irish sea according to radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Southeastern sky lighting up nicely now in Balbriggan :D

Amazing fork of purple and blue to my SE down one side of Kilkenny City. Looks mad down there!

hiradarzoomv4.pl.png
    If there's any particular area anyone wants me to zoom in on, just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

nice lightning and thunder here in dalkey...something tells me i'll miss the storm by a mile or two:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Danno wrote: »
    Amazing fork of purple and blue to my SE down one side of Kilkenny City. Looks mad down there!

They'll see lightning Sunday week when the rebels turn up:D:D

All quiet in Cork this evening. Quite balmy out though, more so than previous nights

In the space of 5mins the cell approaching north Dublin has intensified quite a bit but the one down south has weakened;
    hiradarzoomv4.pl.png

pissing down now here in dalkey:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭highdef

Snowbie is reporting hail at Howth Summit now. Dry as a bone here a few miles away in Santry but sky gone very orange. No close up lightning as of yet and cells appear to be weakening in the radar shots kindly provided by rc28

now torrential rain in dalkey

Yes unfortunately some weakening but the shower has reached Howth anyway;
    hiradarzoomv4.pl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Weakening as it sifts across land. Nothing to report in Tallaght.

Intensive sheet lightning every two minutes or so to my SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

patneve wrote: »
    now torrential rain in dalkey

that it is :D i was up on the roof of my apartment watching the occasional blast of lightning in the sky before it arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

Quiet enough here now too. Think there was a bit more activity earlier on. Was a light breeze earlier however that seems to have died now though.

Advertisement