Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Does Bill not own any clothes other than his black t-shirt/jeans combo??
    Even Simon Cowell deviates sometimes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

MelanieC wrote: »
    Does Bill not own any clothes other than his black t-shirt/jeans combo??
    Even Simon Cowell deviates sometimes! :D

You have obviously repressed the memory of Bill's dainty black boxers.

But you're right. I was thinking the same about Ray's yellow plaid jacket. Then there's Zumo's tracksuit, his gran's apron, etc. I suppose it helps the actors get into character. And saves us viewers some vital cents on the licence fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Meant to come on earlier but felt my machine was acting up and turns out I had 4 viruses :eek: all sorted now and antivirus installed :)

I just love Annette.. I hope its not bad news next week :( Bucko Bill still acting the annoying soul that he is... aargh.

Elsewhere, Ray got what he deserved :D

Still no Louie :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Christy to Cass as Cass stood reading the newspaper in the shop: "Were you thinking of buying that?"
    Cass: "No, sure I've read it now.":D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Christy to Cass as Cass stood reading the newspaper in the shop: "Were you thinking of buying that?"

the script writers took a long break after coming up with that line.

• Advertisement

I went aww when Christy was all gazing lovingly at Carol :D

I see MeejaIreland has already mentioned Bill's snug-fitting boxers...:eek:..:D

He was still fit for Cass's remark though, wasn't he, Angel...:)

Deise Tom wrote: »
    the script writers took a long break after coming up with that line.

Christy so sarcastic and Cass, not a bother on him.

He was still fit for Cass's remark though, wasn't he, Angel...:)

For sure :D I like the happier Orla :)

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    For sure :D I like the happier Orla :)

Whats the betting she wins Miss Carraigstown.

I see MeejaIreland has already mentioned Bill's snug-fitting boxers...:eek:..:D

Hey! I didn't say snug-fitting!

That was some ending. How does everyone feel about it?

My first thought was that it was a bit too editorial ("Welfare fraud = bad!"), but they completely pulled it out of the fire with that last line. Doug turning to Keith and Paul and saying, "Well, did I do what ye wanted?", and they both look a bit ashamed.

The thing is, I wouldn't report someone I knew if they were defrauding the dole. I feel bit of sympathy for Doug, but I still feel it's a wrong thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Poor Ray. He's up s**t creek now. I knew it was Doug as soon as yer one showed up... couldn't see Paul/Charlie/Orla reporting him and Doug had already mentioned the whole thing with his dad, so it was obvious it was him. Loved Carol having a go at Dermot. Had a great laugh over that.

That was some ending. How does everyone feel about it?

My first thought was that it was a bit too editorial ("Welfare fraud = bad!"), but they completely pulled it out of the fire with that last line. Doug turning to Keith and Paul and saying, "Well, did I do what ye wanted?", and they both look a bit ashamed.

The thing is, I wouldn't report someone I knew if they were defrauding the dole. I feel bit of sympathy for Doug, but I still feel it's a wrong thing to do.

I hate to say it but I would report someone. My boyfriend could hardly get any money on the dole and wasn't allowed the dole for long when others are comitting fraud. Why is it the wrong thing to do? are you saying fraud is ok :confused: they are robbing from you and me.

Why is it the wrong thing to do? are you saying fraud is ok :confused: they are robbing from you and me.

Yeah, I have very mixed feelings about it. I don't think people should be committing fraud, obviously, but I can't imagine myself lifting the phone about it. When the welfare woman came around to Ray's place, I felt incredibly sorry for him.

I think you're probably right, and I'm wrong. I am suffering from moral confusion. :eek: Maybe it's the fact that the victims of crime like that (all of us) are invisible, whereas the perpetrators are probably people without much money.

What will happen to Ray now? I presume he loses his payments. Will he have to pay back money, fines, etc?

Yeah, I have very mixed feelings about it. I don't think people should be committing fraud, obviously, but I can't imagine myself lifting the phone about it. When the welfare woman came around to Ray's place, I felt incredibly sorry for him.

I think you're probably right, and I'm wrong. I am suffering from moral confusion. :eek: Maybe it's the fact that the victims of crime like that (all of us) are invisible, whereas the perpetrators are probably people without much money.

What will happen to Ray now? I presume he loses his payments. Will he have to pay back money, fines, etc?

There are so many doing it and I can't ever believe it is right and I hate to say it, if I knew someone doing it, I would report them. Anyway you can sign off the dole over the phone or have Fair City forgotten that :rolleyes::p Ray knows the rules and knew he was doing something wrong.

Anyway my bet is on
    Seamus
    to die :(:(

I have a feeling Louie (:(:() and possibly Yvonne will now slip into the background and not be seen and it will be all Heather/Brendan/Carol/Christy/Renee/Bob now :(:(

I did read that
    Bob is broke and brings home fake cash and invests into the garage!

Poor Ray. He's up s**t creek now. I knew it was Doug as soon as yer one showed up... couldn't see Paul/Charlie/Orla reporting him and Doug had already mentioned the whole thing with his dad, so it was obvious it was him. Loved Carol having a go at Dermot. Had a great laugh over that.

Pity they dont go after people as quick as they went after Ray in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I hate to say it but I think Doug did the right thing, Ray was being an ass to Doug treating him like a fool and also really making no secret of signing and working. Also Im glad Doug admitted he reported him too. I felt a bit bad for Ray because he literally only started his business this week and anyone thats been a sole trader knows how hit and miss turning interest into actual cash is.

• Advertisement

I hate to say it but I think Doug did the right thing, Ray was being an ass to Doug treating him like a fool and also really making no secret of signing and working. Also Im glad Doug admitted he reported him too. I felt a bit bad for Ray because he literally only started his business this week and anyone thats been a sole trader knows how hit and miss turning interest into actual cash is.

Yes but in the end of the day, you don't sit and claim benefits at the same time, remember he also turned his nose at the offer of work in the garage, in these times, you can't be so choosy. It is all his own making to me.

I dont watch Fair City the whole time, so could someone answer this, was/is Ray getting the Dole or Disability as a result of his accident on his wedding day. If he was claiming Disability he would be entitled to work some few hours and keep his disability, but he would have to fit into certain criteria.

I dont watch Fair City the whole time, so could someone answer this, was/is Ray getting the Dole or Disability as a result of his accident on his wedding day. If he was claiming Disability he would be entitled to work some few hours and keep his disability, but he would have to fit into certain criteria.

I believe he was looking to claim the dole as recently he went to his doctor and was proclaimed "fit to resume work"

Was it Doug that hung him. We have to remember that Ray lives with a cop and surly if he knew there was fraid going on, it would be his duty to act on it.

I believe he was looking to claim the dole as recently he went to his doctor and was proclaimed "fit to resume work"

You'd also have to go before a doctor when it comes to disability. With the Dole i'm sure its just a case of sign off.

You'd also have to go before a doctor when it comes to disability. With the Dole i'm sure its just a case of sign off.

To me he gets what he deserves I am afraid and I have zero sympathy, he was obviously feeling fit enough to refuse the offer of work from Paul when originally Ray was on half time anyway ;) Loads of people are having to drop down to basic roles these days to get work, Ray obviously believes he is better than he really is

Was it Doug that hung him. We have to remember that Ray lives with a cop and surly if he knew there was fraid going on, it would be his duty to act on it.

He hardly hung him? He was committing an offence. I agree with Doug and he tells the story of what it is like for real people.

according to the RTE site, it says:

He is currently out of work and on illness benefit, because of injuries he sustained in the tragic accident that killed his new wife Gina on their wedding day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Yer man Cass is the best soap character I have seen in years. Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Anywho thats Ray ;)

Bronco Bill is getting sneakier by the day!! Really not looking forward to Renee and Bobs return. 2 of the ugliest creatures to ever grace the earth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement