Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

Has Keith forgotten that he has to pay half of Sarah's mortgage? It doesnt seem to have crossed his mind since the break-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Hi All! Sorry I've been AWOL for a while! I've only seen shows from the past couple of weeks Christmas day one included (which I have to say was a little disappointing), but one thing I've noticed this time round, and thats how weak Una is when she hasn't got someone strong to lean on ie. Keith, Ray. She has kind of dropped the panto routine and the cracks are appearing :o I am so happy we are seeing more of Pete, he really is a great actor :cool: Really enjoyed the show tonight! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

very poor the last couple weeks, very lazy storylines.

wish rte would decorate the sets - so 1980's looking with crappy carpets and decor.

did zumo ever learn to read ?

wish rte would decorate the sets - so 1980's looking with crappy carpets and decor.
    I really have to agree with you there :o , Christy's and Bela's coming to mind as the worst, and it really is no surprise Damian never meets future clients in his house :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

bryan murray acting in fair city is one of the best things to happen to the show!
    love having him back!
    bit weirded out by turlough though....

delores and pete make a great couple :) look forward to seeing their relationship develop.

and finn is pretty hawt! never really noticed til this evening for some reason :o
    the scene with sarah crying was pretty corny though... i was making boo hoo waaaaaaaaaambulance noises at the telly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mardeen

Finn is so hot on fair city! where's louis gone? u can tell carol is missing him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

The fight scene in McCoys was awful. I never seen 2 grown men fight like that. It was more like " a girlie fight " :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Hi All! Sorry I've been AWOL for a while! I've only seen shows from the past couple of weeks Christmas day one included (which I have to say was a little disappointing), but one thing I've noticed this time round, and thats how weak Una is when she hasn't got someone strong to lean on ie. Keith, Ray. She has kind of dropped the panto routine and the cracks are appearing :o I am so happy we are seeing more of Pete, he really is a great actor :cool: Really enjoyed the show tonight! :D:D

OMG Sooooooooooo good to see you back!!!

Did you know me, Deelite & CaptainNegative went to the set of Fair City.. :D

Check this interview with Rachel Sarah Murphy who plays Jo Fahey in Fair City:

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/221/thursday/3/popup

Thursday 6th January Part 3, around 40 mins in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

When Tracey lived with Dean, did he not mention a few times that he was going up stairs and they could at times he heard "running" up stairs. On Tuesday night Carol said that Tracey's house was a bungalow.

Is my thinking wrong and maybe Tracey and Dean lived in a Bungalow and not a two story terraced house.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    When Tracey lived with Dean, did he not mention a few times that he was going up stairs and they could at times he heard "running" up stairs. On Tuesday night Carol said that Tracey's house was a bungalow.

Is my thinking wrong and maybe Tracey and Dean lived in a Bungalow and not a two story terraced house.
    Yeah i thought the very same thing when she said it was a bungalow. Bad continuity?????

angel01 wrote: »
    OMG Sooooooooooo good to see you back!!!

Did you know me, Deelite & CaptainNegative went to the set of Fair City.. :D

Awwh thanks Angel :D It's great to be back. I've a lot of reading to do! as it's sure been busy on here! OH WOW!! thats wonderful! I'm delighed the 3 of you were picked. Whats it like and who did you meet??? Any surprises? :)

Awwh thanks Angel :D It's great to be back. I've a lot of reading to do! as it's sure been busy on here! OH WOW!! thats wonderful! I'm delighed the 3 of you were picked. Whats it like and who did you meet??? Any surprises? :)

It is brilliant to have you back!! :D

CaptainNegative and Myself won the prize and I brought along deelite, we met loads of the cast. We met Keith, Zumo, Mark, Bela, Sarah, All the dillons (except Zak), Dolores, Leo, Dean, Christy, The boss of the show Brigie.. Hope I haven't forgotten anyone! We also met a writer of the show, set designers..

It was amazing! The most amazing day ever! :D

max life wrote: »
    Yeah i thought the very same thing when she said it was a bungalow. Bad continuity?????

Its things like this that pisses people off so much about the show. They bring in script writers who do a fairly good job (not as good as some of the uk ones) but they dont check up on what those before them have done and go with their own ideas. An archivest or two would no go astray to watch every show from the start and to take notes.

Imagine if mistakes were made like this in Corri or Emmerdale. There would be some debate say if Corri in the past had a new script writer and they had Mike Baldwin walk into the rovers and ask Bet Lynch for a pint of bitter.

It is brilliant to have you back!! :D

CaptainNegative and Myself won the prize and I brought along deelite, we met loads of the cast. We met Keith, Zumo, Mark, Bela, Sarah, All the dillons (except Zak), Dolores, Leo, Dean, Christy, The boss of the show Brigie.. Hope I haven't forgotten anyone! We also met a writer of the show, set designers..

It was amazing! The most amazing day ever! :D
    Oh you lucky Duckers! :D (Ms.Moneypenny turns green with Envy!) You met "Keith"!! (be still my beating heart ) oh please tell me what he was like??? ;) gutted I missed out on that :(

Oh you lucky Duckers! :D (Ms.Moneypenny turns green with Envy!) You met "Keith"!! (be still my beating heart ) oh please tell me what he was like??? ;) gutted I missed out on that :(

He was really lovely, one of the nicest guys ever.. you should ask Deelite she spent more time with him than me.. I was swooning over Tommy.. just as well Louie wasn't there :D

He was really lovely, one of the nicest guys ever.. you should ask Deelite she spent more time with him than me.. I was swooning over Tommy.. just as well Louie wasn't there :D
    I'm sooo happy to hear that! Awwh........ Over to you Deelite...... Spill! ? So sorry to here Louie wasn't there, maybe they might do it again sometime... Hint hint! :D

I'm sooo happy to hear that! Awwh........ Over to you Deelite...... Spill! ? So sorry to here Louie wasn't there, maybe they might do it again sometime... Hint hint! :D

Louie lives in Leitrim so couldn't come. Suzanne was at a wedding and Damien was moving house and I forgot Deelite spoke to Paul on the phone!! :D

We ended up giving a lift in the car to Zumo and Mark, I forgot about that. Brilliant stuff! :D

We ended up giving a lift in the car to Zumo and Mark, I forgot about that. Brilliant stuff! :D
    Wow! How cool! I'd say that was a good laugh. I have to say I really do like this Mark. On another note, one thing thats really getting under my skin, I know you like her but Esther is driving me mad! I wish she'd tone down the OTT stage acting and become more natural, everytime I see her and Charlie together I think they're going to break into a scene from "Macbeth" or something! :( I love the idea for her character, I just find the actor hard to watch..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

When Tracey lived with Dean, did he not mention a few times that he was going up stairs and they could at times he heard "running" up stairs. On Tuesday night Carol said thatTra cey's house was a bungalow.

You are right, they lived in Hannah's old house which was definitely two storey. There was a discussion long long ago concerning Hannah moving her bed downstairs. This sort of thing drives me mad. I would live the job of archivist. Imagine getting paid to view old episodes and take notes. Nice !

PS Welcome back Ms Moneypenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

On another note, one thing thats really getting under my skin, I know you like her but Esther is driving me mad! I wish she'd tone down the OTT stage acting and become more natural, everytime I see her and Charlie together I think they're going to break into a scene from "Macbeth" or something! :( I love the idea for her character, I just find the actor hard to watch..... :(

I have to say I agree about Esther - she reminds of someone on a stage in an amateur dramatics production. No doubt she's a 'thespian' of sorts and has probably been on the Gaeity...but she hasn't adjusted her acting 'method' to suit a dublin soap opera.

I quite like Finn (apart from the fact that he's a handsome divil!) and think they should really hang onto him and use him and keith as a double act.

Wow! How cool! I'd say that was a good laugh. I have to say I really do like this Mark. On another note, one thing thats really getting under my skin, I know you like her but Esther is driving me mad! I wish she'd tone down the OTT stage acting and become more natural, everytime I see her and Charlie together I think they're going to break into a scene from "Macbeth" or something! :( I love the idea for her character, I just find the actor hard to watch..... :(

I do like Esther, I love watching her... :)

jos28 wrote: »
    You are right, they lived in Hannah's old house which was definitely two storey. There was a discussion long long ago concerning Hannah moving her bed downstairs. This sort of thing drives me mad. I would live the job of archivist. Imagine getting paid to view old episodes and take notes. Nice !

Maybe if there is some people involved in putting the show together that reads whats said here, maybe they might do us a great favour and start getting things right from now on, because all the mistakes do not look good.

Fittle wrote: »
    I have to say I agree about Esther - she reminds of someone on a stage in an amateur dramatics production. No doubt she's a 'thespian' of sorts and has probably been on the Gaeity...but she hasn't adjusted her acting 'method' to suit a dublin soap opera.

I quite like Finn (apart from the fact that he's a handsome divil!) and think they should really hang onto him and use him and keith as a double act.
    Completely agree about Finn, (he's a very welcome piece of eye candy) but he's a really good actor and fit's well with Keith, since they split Keith and Ray up :confused: He's really been just drifting around and he needs another male to get up to divilment with :D would love some good fun stuff with the two of them.
    I also love the idea of Pete getting his teeth into a good story, I really want to see alot more of him, he's very under used for such a talent :( I'm really going to miss Doug :( Sorry if I'm going over old ground you may have already covered :o

Fittle wrote: »

She has done TV in the past, as she was Minah in Glenroe. She was very good in that role. Maybe it is down to the writing as Wesley Burrows could certaintly right. She also has done Stage Work. If memory serves me right she was in a play i was talked into going to in Waterford. She had Twink and the actress that played Lilly Corcoran in the early days of Fair City with her. The actress that played Lilly was also in Ballykissangel. The Actress that plays Ester also does Radio work, and has started on two series of Murder Cove on W.L.R.fm where she played yet another old busy body.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Did Dr.Judith and family move into Dolores old house..........if so,they must have built some flat-pack instant extension......

She has done TV in the past, as she was Minah in Glenroe. She was very good in that role. Maybe it is down to the writing as Wesley Burrows could certaintly right. She also has done Stage Work. If memory serves me right she was in a play i was talked into going to in Waterford. She had Twink and the actress that played Lilly Corcoran in the early days of Fair City with her. The actress that played Lilly was also in Ballykissangel. The Actress that plays Ester also does Radio work, and has started on two series of Murder Cove on W.L.R.fm where she played yet another old busy body.
    I remember her in Glenroe and other bits n bobs, I also seen her in George Gently (repeat)last week, again playing the same character, I think maybe its the pace of FC that doesn't suit her acting, theres no doubt she is a very experienced actor, but its very hard to compare her to her days in Glenroe where they only filmed one show a week and had more time to edit it etc, I agree with Fittle that she hasn't (or can't) ajust her "Method"..... PS... Sorry Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

jos28 wrote: »

I've been a long time lurker on here but am a very loyal viewer, so can clarify that Hannah's house was ALWAYS a bungalow. After she died, Suzanne and the Doyles sold it to Dominic and Tracey.
    The discussion about moving the bed downstairs was about Rita's house after Rita had the stroke.
    I don't remember anybody ever mentioning an upstairs in Traceys. I am very eagle eyed about this and many years ago wrote to them to point out that Mags was using the same tea cosy as Hannah!

I remember her in Glenroe and other bits n bobs, I also seen her in George Gently (repeat)last week, again playing the same character, I think maybe its the pace of FC that doesn't suit her acting, theres no doubt she is a very experienced actor, but its very hard to compare her to her days in Glenroe where they only filmed one show a week and had more time to edit it etc, I agree with Fittle that she hasn't (or can't) ajust her "Method"..... PS... Sorry Angel
    Yeah i agree she played the part in Glenroe very well. Esther is very similar in many ways. But for some reason, she seems very wooden. Not sure why though. I think she is probably more suited to stage acting. To me, it seems like she delivers all her lines in the same way. She doesnt put any emotion into it. I like her character though. Every soap needs a busybody...

P.S. More of Neasa......PLEASE ;)

• Advertisement

onway wrote: »
    Did Dr.Judith and family move into Dolores old house..........if so,they must have built some flat-pack instant extension......

I said it before and will say it again, some of the stuff that those reponsible for putting Fair City together is total crap, and nobody should excuse the mistakes that they make. If what happens on Fair City was to happen on Coronation Street for example it would not be on the air for very long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement