Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

max life wrote: »
    I have to agree that this storyline is boring. I dont think Louie has had a decent storyline since he arrived in Carrigstown. He has an air of mystique about him, so they could they do anything with his character. I never rated Carol - I think she would be more at home in panto.. I would have preferred to see Louie with Suzanne. It would be interesting to see how he would react if she abused him..

I agree Max! I think Carol is so overrated on this board, she has a panto style to her acting which i cant stand. (So has Jo) I also think regarding Louie, the reason he hasnt had a decent storyline is that the producers dont think he is up to one? I find his acting very unvaried and everything he says sounds the same. Another one who i think is overrated. I find him attractive but he kinda creeps me out on this story.
    There doesnt seem to be any spark or chemistry

I dont know if writers read this board, but if they do. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A BIG STORYLINE FOR PETE!!! He is definately the most underused good actor they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Eradicate wrote: »
    I agree Max! I think Carol is so overrated on this board, she has a panto style to her acting which i cant stand. (So has Jo) I also think regarding Louie, the reason he hasnt had a decent storyline is that the producers dont think he is up to one? I find his acting very unvaried and everything he says sounds the same. Another one who i think is overrated. I find him attractive but he kinda creeps me out on this story.
    There doesnt seem to be any spark or chemistry

I dont know if writers read this board, but if they do. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A BIG STORYLINE FOR PETE!!! He is definately the most underused good actor they have.

He will have a big storyline starting next week.
    He hooks up with dolores

angel01 wrote: »
    He will have a big storyline starting next week.
    He hooks up with dolores

Hardly a "big" storyline is it now in fairness?? I doubt he'll need De Niro to walk him through that one.;);););)

Eradicate wrote: »
    Hardly a "big" storyline is it now in fairness?? I doubt he'll need De Niro to walk him through that one.;);););)

Well its a soap opera, if he wants to be shooting people dead or whatnot.. I don't think he is going to get that on Fair City...;)

As for your remarks on Louie, in my opinion (and I know I am biased but I don't care!!) I think he is a really good actor and one of the best they have, I think he shines in every storyline, I enjoy his scenes with Carol and I think he shares a good chemistry with Yvonne as well :)

I think they should explore more of his addictions like gambling, drugs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Has someone dared to slag Carol off... let me at them :mad::eek: I love Carol, she is one of my favourite characters, there is never enough Carol scenes for me, the strongest female character in the show.. as for Louie, well I think you know my feelings on him... I love their partnership, their chemistry, the way they look at each other... I melt watching them! :D

I have wanted Louie & Carol to hook up for a VERY long time and I am loving every single second.. I would rather watch them together then Christy fawning all over Carol, he ages her and Louie makes her young again :D

I am loving this storyline and it is about time they got together :)
    I think we should agree to disagree !!!
    I hope we see more of the newer characters in 2011. More from the Dillons ( especially NEASA ;) ).
    I hope Bobs' fortunes change. It would be great if he suddenly became rich again from one of his scams. I would love to see him put one over on Louie and to own the pub again

• Advertisement

I think we should agree to disagree !!!
    I hope we see more of the newer characters in 2011. More from the Dillons ( especially NEASA ;) ).
    I hope Bobs' fortunes change. It would be great if he suddenly became rich again from one of his scams. I would love to see him put one over on Louie and to own the pub again

Not a Neasa fan I have to say.. would love to see more of Caoimhe, growing to like her and more of Tommy please :D

I think Bob's fortune has changed from what I read..:) I like Louie owning the pub, that way I can see more of him :p:D

meant to say, where has Dean gone to??

Meant to say! My mum went to the abbey last night and said Malachy and father art are in a play there

Bela and Suzanne will be on Celebrity Winning Streak tonight at 9.20pm, RTE 1 :)

In case you missed it, this was on youtube...

Happy new year to everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Presume you haven't met Seamus then... ;)

I am loving Orla but think they rushed pairing them up.. She did quite a bit of work for Louie recently... you seem to have forgotten this..

Her name is Jo and I enjoyed it, it was light relief and fun to watch and they are a very funny partnership, one of the best in the show

Now I know you are trolling.. they handled the domestic abuse storyline wonderfully and judging by the ratings, people obviously agree with me and if it highlights such an important storyline and people benefit from calling the helplines, they are doing a good job.

Glad you find it amusing, we aim to please :D

Yes, Seamus is a bit of a fashion disaster too, point taken! I just find it bizarre that Yvonne wears these black mysterious gloves everywhere!

Orla may have done some work recently but 9 times out of 10 she is to be found either in the pub or Vinos, sticking her nose into other peoples business or else eating and drinking constantly, she has great working hours ill give her that!

We have to agree to disagree on the whole comic relief thing, her voice alone invalidates any acting skill she has, i just personally dont find getting your hand glued to a toy plane amusing, its lazy and slapstick.

You say "People obviously agree with me", how very misguided. So, in your eyes, the number of people tuning in automatically eqautes to the same amount of positive praise?? I tuned in to laugh at the domestic storyline and i know many others who did the same (check comments in this thread), so that makes your point nonsense. Im not laughing at abuse mind you, just the exceptionally poor portrayal by Suzanne and Damien and the comic beatings, hands down the worst acting ive seen this year (and i saw The Bounty Hunter!).

You also say "We aim to please". We? Who are you speaking on behalf of? Its a bit offensive to call someone with a complete opposite opinion of yours a "troll". I dont agree with your comments but i dont think you are a troll, see?

• Advertisement

Yes, Seamus is a bit of a fashion disaster too, point taken! I just find it bizarre that Yvonne wears these black mysterious gloves everywhere!

Orla may have done some work recently but 9 times out of 10 she is to be found either in the pub or Vinos, sticking her nose into other peoples business or else eating and drinking constantly, she has great working hours ill give her that!

We have to agree to disagree on the whole comic relief thing, her voice alone invalidates any acting skill she has, i just personally dont find getting your hand glued to a toy plane amusing, its lazy and slapstick.

You say "People obviously agree with me", how very misguided. So, in your eyes, the number of people tuning in automatically eqautes to the same amount of positive praise?? I tuned in to laugh at the domestic storyline and i know many others who did the same (check comments in this thread), so that makes your point nonsense. Im not laughing at abuse mind you, just the exceptionally poor portrayal by Suzanne and Damien and the comic beatings, hands down the worst acting ive seen this year (and i saw The Bounty Hunter!).

You also say "We aim to please". We? Who are you speaking on behalf of? Its a bit offensive to call someone with a complete opposite opinion of yours a "troll". I dont agree with your comments but i dont think you are a troll, see?

I would never tune in to see someone get abused and laugh because it isn't a laughing matter, in the end of the day, ratings were the highest they ever had, calls to helplines went up and the portrayed a very realistic storyline to the masses. Mac and Sarah were brilliant in this storyline and did a really good job.

You clearly are not a fan of the show so if you get some enjoyment out of coming in here to slate the show, fire ahead, waste of your time in my opinion but you never know what people find fun to do :rolleyes:

We are all big fans of the show in here, there is another thread in soap operas for people who don't like the show, maybe you might find that more fun... but of course that thread is dead :D

The love affair between Carol and Louie is taken to another level when they both declare they are in love with one another.
    0004123d-314.jpg

Meanwhile, Bob and Turlough return to Carrigstown this week - but will the residents welcome them back?

Suzanne decides that the only way that she can cope with what she has done to Damien and her marriage is to leave town and get some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The love affair between Carol and Louie is taken to another level when they both declare they are in love with one another.
    0004123d-314.jpg

Meanwhile, Bob and Turlough return to Carrigstown this week - but will the residents welcome them back?

Suzanne decides that the only way that she can cope with what she has done to Damien and her marriage is to leave town and get some help.

Ah i get it, you are a promoter for the show, hence the hysterical reaction to the slightest criticism of the show. Well, if you look at this thread, there are plenty of people who criticise many aspects of the show and with good reason. Its a thread about Fair City, that takes in both the good and bad but i guess if you work for the show then you wont accept any criticism so thats your prerogative.

I wil re-iterate, though, that i have seen many many dramas on TV and i still rate the domestic abuse as the worst ever. Suzanne looked really edgy in her scenes as if she didnt want to even be there and Damien just went from a tough debt collecter to a soft wreck in the space of one ep, terrible, and now it seems eberything is hunky dory between Bella and Suzanne, yet a few wks ago he had a heart attack from the sitaution, where is the continuity in this show??

It seems like Suzanne could be gone for a while. I think she will probably be back by the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Presume you haven't met Seamus then... ;)

If Seamus or that actor that plays him has something wrong with his arm or maybe have had it amputated and the glove is on the whole time to disguise the fact that he has a false arm or is suppose to have a false arm, i dont think it is a joking matter, hense no need for the little wink thing.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    If Seamus or that actor that plays him has something wrong with his arm or maybe have had it amputated and the glove is on the whole time to disguise the fact that he has a false arm or is suppose to have a false arm, i dont think it is a joking matter, hense no need for the little wink thing.

We saw his hand in the episode a few days back, it is to hide his injuries from the fire

It seems like Suzanne could be gone for a while. I think she will probably be back by the summer.

She deserves a break from the show, she has done a stellar job in the last year. :)

Ah i get it, you are a promoter for the show, hence the hysterical reaction to the slightest criticism of the show. Well, if you look at this thread, there are plenty of people who criticise many aspects of the show and with good reason. Its a thread about Fair City, that takes in both the good and bad but i guess if you work for the show then you wont accept any criticism so thats your prerogative.

I wil re-iterate, though, that i have seen many many dramas on TV and i still rate the domestic abuse as the worst ever. Suzanne looked really edgy in her scenes as if she didnt want to even be there and Damien just went from a tough debt collecter to a soft wreck in the space of one ep, terrible, and now it seems eberything is hunky dory between Bella and Suzanne, yet a few wks ago he had a heart attack from the sitaution, where is the continuity in this show??

Incorrect I am afraid.. I am a fan of the show, nothing more or less. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I was sitting on the luas on my way home and there was me sitting proudly with my Fair City bag on my lap, doing a puzzle with my fair city pen :o and I looked up and saw a lady looking at my Fair City bag and I thought where do I recognise her from... it finally hit me as we both got up from the seats.. it was Renee from Fair City.. mortified...:D

You have a FC bag?! Love it!

Where did you get it?

What does it look like?

Post a pic please!

amdublin wrote: »
    You have a FC bag?! Love it!

Where did you get it?

What does it look like?

Post a pic please!

I got it when I was on tour on the set of Fair City, I will try and take a pic later :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Super.

Are they on general sale anywhere??

Actually is there any FC parphanalia on sale anywhere?? (not just dvds )

I was just wondering if its possible to buy fair city merchandise ???

Great minds think alike max :)

Great minds think alike max :)
    Or fools rarely differ !!:D:D

Super.

Are they on general sale anywhere??

Actually is there any FC parphanalia on sale anywhere?? (not just dvds )

Apart from DVD's, no I don't think so.
    I was just wondering if its possible to buy fair city merchandise ???

Don't think so.. every month they have a competition on the RTE site, where you can win merchandise :)

Link to this months competition, closing date tomorrow! http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/comp24.html

Cool angel.

Umm what's the answer?! :D

We saw his hand in the episode a few days back, it is to hide his injuries from the fire

Maybe it is as a result of the fire, but i feel it might be a real life injury. If it was as a result of the fire, someone, Barry maybe may have asked how the hand is. If it is a real life injury the fact that no one has mentioned it might be down to the fact that the script writers and the actor himself may not be trying to draw attention to the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Cool angel.

Umm what's the answer?! :D
    Here's a hint. ;)

Has Yvonne mentioned Connie since she came back ? I thought they were supposed to be SO in love...they didn't last long....

• Advertisement

Has Yvonne mentioned Connie since she came back ? I thought they were supposed to be SO in love...they didn't last long....

I dont think she has.

This is something about fair city that annoys me and i reckon a lot of others. The script writers often begin a story and then lets it lie for a while, often writing out the characters involved for a while, and when they come back its like as if some stories never happened, such as the Yvonne/Connie one.

Other soaps are brilliant at revisiting stories, like Emmerdale right now who have re-introduced Michael Feldmann approx 20 years after his mother died, some might say murdered by her husband Eric Pollard, and right now he is running scared, having kept a secret to himself so long. Maybe he has not kept it, maybe Elizabeth did die as a result of injuries sustained in the plane crash there but i doubt she did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement