Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Sibylla wrote: »
    I think the writer's should have cleared that up. I just don't think Carol and Louie make a good couple. Actually Louie and Neasa would!

Yeah, the writers seem to be trying to play the whole "forbidden fruit" theme with Louie & Cadill, but (IMO) it ain't working.....

They've intentionally turned Christy into a moany grouch recently, just so the audience can accept the whole Louie/Cadill funny business...

Christy & Neasa.... problem solved! LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

RVD420 wrote: »
    Yeah, the writers seem to be trying to play the whole "forbidden fruit" theme with Louie & Cadill, but (IMO) it ain't working.....

They've intentionally turned Christy into a moany grouch recently, just so the audience can accept the whole Louie/Cadill funny business...

Christy & Neasa.... problem solved! LOL :D

LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am a huge fan of Fair City but on the whole yesterday, the episodes were poor, the pub storyline is very badly written and as for having Seamus outside the pub and not being able to get in for ages was poor and really badly scripted (imo) but I did love seeing Barry stand up to Seamus and we at least got to see Seamus's hand!

As for the Keith/Orla thing, to me it isn't believable that they are so in love so suddenly.. and as for the Una/Sarah bitchfight, what was that about? Sarah walks in, suddenly she knows they are together when he hasn't said a word?

on the positives, I thought the storyline with Jo & Dermot was very funny, Cass/Charlie and Esther was also well written and good to watch.. I loved seeing Carol & Louie together, they have a great chemistry and it is good to watch..

I think from seeing Christy at the RTE Set, Tom (who plays him) is a very witty funny man, I wish they would bring that through to his character who seems so much more in love with Carol than she is with him.. I would love them to bring that side through to his character...

I enjoyed the Bishops as always and good to see Tommy again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yay for Keith and Orla I wanted them together for so long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Sarah walks in, suddenly she knows they are together when he hasn't said a word?

What she needs now is for Ian to come back and console her.Next week preferably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Epicurus wrote: »
    What she needs now is for Ian to come back and console her.Next week preferably.

What she needs now is to leave for Africa with Una ;)

I thought Ray and Orla would be spending Christmas with Niamh and Paul :confused: and does Ray ever mention Gina she did die around Christmas time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Last nights episode was really really bad. I know im going to upset angel and a few more on this board when i say this but Louis is an absolutely abysmal actor. Everything he says sounds monotone. That "rallying speech", while awfully scripted, was the most uninspiring call to arms ever. He looks good and is pretty but he was badly exposed last night imo.

I did enjoy Dermot, Cass, Esther, Wayne. But i was cringing the whole way through the rest of it. What made it worse, was i was watching it with friends who dont watch fair city normally, and i insisted on watching it. I was totally embarrassed. The show looked cheaply made, badly acted and directed and terribly scripted. Someone already mentioned the "fight" between Una and Sarah. When that happened, everyone in the room started howling laughing, but not for the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought it was a great episode myself - don't see why people think the McCoy's storyline is unbelievable? It's as believable as anything else in soap. Only problem I had with the episode was the vomit inducing scene where Charlie and Esther came downstairs after their night of "passion"... Could've done without that, but that's a personal preference rather than a complaint against the show - obviously there's people out there that will find the Charlie/Esther storyline relevant, I'm just about 50 years too young.
    Really enjoyed the rest of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Charlie you sly old dog !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Have to agree regarding Esther and her "silver fox". Didn't need to know that! Have to say I enjoyed the rest of it.

• Advertisement

In my opinion, I had no problem or issue with Charlie & Esther, why can't they discuss it, if that was Caoimhe & Robert or Keith & Orla or even Louie & Carol, noone would have an issue but because they are deemed over a certain age, they shouldn't discuss it..

In my opinion... you are never too old to enjoy yourself :D I enjoy the scenes with Charlie & Esther and he deserves happiness after losing Mags..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I am a huge fan of Fair City but on the whole yesterday, the episodes were poor, the pub storyline is very badly written and as for having Seamus outside the pub and not being able to get in for ages was poor and really badly scripted (imo) but I did love seeing Barry stand up to Seamus and we at least got to see Seamus's hand!

As for the Keith/Orla thing, to me it isn't believable that they are so in love so suddenly.. and as for the Una/Sarah bitchfight, what was that about? Sarah walks in, suddenly she knows they are together when he hasn't said a word?

on the positives, I thought the storyline with Jo & Dermot was very funny, Cass/Charlie and Esther was also well written and good to watch.. I loved seeing Carol & Louie together, they have a great chemistry and it is good to watch..

I think from seeing Christy at the RTE Set, Tom (who plays him) is a very witty funny man, I wish they would bring that through to his character who seems so much more in love with Carol than she is with him.. I would love them to bring that side through to his character...

I enjoyed the Bishops as always and good to see Tommy again :D

I am sure there is some medication/treatment to cure that illness.Just pop into the doctor when they open, and they should be able to help you:D

Goes to dive under the table for cover with the dog!:p

jimmyw wrote: »
    I am sure there is some medication/treatment to cure that illness.Just pop into the doctor when they open, and they should be able to help you:D

Goes to dive under the table for cover with the dog!:p

Seeing as you are posting here in a Fair City thread, looks like you are a fan as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In my opinion, I had no problem or issue with Charlie & Esther, why can't they discuss it, if that was Caoimhe & Robert or Keith & Orla or even Louie & Carol, noone would have an issue but because they are deemed over a certain age, they shouldn't discuss it..

In my opinion... you are never too old to enjoy yourself :D I enjoy the scenes with Charlie & Esther and he deserves happiness after losing Mags..

I dunno what it is about Charlie and Esther - don't think it'd bother me if it were Cass and Eileen for example - but with these two, it just seemed a bit icky... :eek:

I dunno what it is about Charlie and Esther - don't think it'd bother me if it were Cass and Eileen for example - but with these two, it just seemed a bit icky... :eek:

I didn't mind and when Cass was teasing them, I was laughing away :D:D I just love the character Cass now..

I meant to say earlier, I loved the scene with Damien and Wayne in the beer garden, I felt so sorry for Damien and wanted to give him a hug..:(:(

I'm with Capt Neg on this. Maybe because Charlie is kind of straight laced and Esther is so prim it just seems wrong. Cass (on the other hand) is a bit of a boyo and Eileen is a bit of a wan so it wouldn't seem so _ _ inappropriate or something.

On another note, stop giving hugs to Damien - after all, he was unfaithful to his wife.

Where is my Deegan these days?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

it seems to me these fair city haters secretly enjoy the show. else why come and post in this thread?
    thumb_Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

otherwise, i pretty much am with what capt'N said.....i cringe at charlie and esther.......it'd be like seeing your ma & da get frisky - a sight you just don't wanna see! :p

so glad to see keith with orla, but i maintain that the romance came from nowhere. the kiss in the morning was a bit of a strange one....:confused:

Alice1 wrote: »
    I'm with Capt Neg on this. Maybe because Charlie is kind of straight laced and Esther is so prim it just seems wrong. Cass (on the other hand) is a bit of a boyo and Eileen is a bit of a wan so it wouldn't seem so _ _ inappropriate or something.

On another note, stop giving hugs to Damien - after all, he was unfaithful to his wife.

Where is my Deegan these days?:(

He was unfaithful to his wife on one occasion, that does not mean he deserved what he has gone through so yes I will keep giving him hugs.. he is a lovely guy who deserves someone special.. :) Noone should have gone through what Damien did so why not give him a hug?

I am glad he has so many looking out for him.. I love Damo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm just watching the repeat this morning.

I have to say, I agree with the poster who wrote about louie's rallying speech! It was abysmal....honestly.

I thought the scene with Mcaleer not being able to get into the pub was awful too - sorry. On the other hand, I enjoyed the Keith & Orla stuff..glad they are together:), although I do like Una alot and never got him and Sarah as a couple!

My only question is the pub being open on christmas day? I know it happens in some parts of the country, but never heard of it happening in Dublin:confused:..are they trying too hard to be like their english counterparts?

Fittle wrote: »
    I'm just watching the repeat this morning.

I have to say, I agree with the poster who wrote about louie's rallying speech! It was abysmal....honestly.

I thought the scene with Mcaleer not being able to get into the pub was awful too - sorry. On the other hand, I enjoyed the Keith & Orla stuff..glad they are together:), although I do like Una alot and never got him and Sarah as a couple!

My only question is the pub being open on christmas day? I know it happens in some parts of the country, but never heard of it happening in Dublin:confused:..are they trying too hard to be like their english counterparts?

It was a protest, a sit in so to speak, they were not accepting money for any of the drinks so they were not making any money from it.. :)

I love Louie so I am biased but I didn't find the speech that bad but I am biased :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

To the Wardrobe dept of Fair City

Zumo looked amazingly sexy in his shirt (well done for dressing him so nicely)

Keith looked boring in that awful jumper.

In case anyone is interested:

Bela & Suzanne will be on celeb winning streak new years eve :)

it seems to me these fair city haters secretly enjoy the show. else why come and post in this thread?
    thumb_Haters_Gonna_Hate.jpg

otherwise, i pretty much am with what capt'N said.....i cringe at charlie and esther.......it'd be like seeing your ma & da get frisky - a sight you just don't wanna see! :p

so glad to see keith with orla, but i maintain that the romance came from nowhere. the kiss in the morning was a bit of a strange one....:confused:
    Noooo, DGK, I don't hate Fair City! I love it and wouldn't miss it. I just don't specially like the Charlies & Esther business - funny business I mean!

Angel, Damien was unfaithful to his wife which I find despicable. Having said that, I don't believe anybody deserves to physically abused. I neither support nor condone Suzanne's actions. If I gave that impression I apologise - it is not my position on abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The actress who plays Jennifer is pregnant.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Noooo, DGK, I don't hate Fair City! I love it and wouldn't miss it. I just don't specially like the Charlies & Esther business - funny business I mean!

Angel, Damien was unfaithful to his wife which I find despicable. Having said that, I don't believe anybody deserves to physically abused. I neither support nor condone Suzanne's actions. If I gave that impression I apologise - it is not my position on abuse.

I know it wasn't a nice thing to do but you also have to see that Suzanne attempted to also cheat so she is as bad and I hope Damo finds out about that. :)

I still love Damien and he deserves some hugs (IMO)
    6th wrote: »
    The actress who plays Jennifer is pregnant.

Good luck to her :)

The fight between Sarah and Una was awful...very bad acting. How did Sarah know that Keith and Orla were together? Its not like they were kissing or holding hands, so i dont know how she came to that conclusion. Also its a bit unbelievable that they are suddenly so much in love. All in all, some very bad scriptwriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Not the best episode but not the worst either. Love the chemistry between Carol and Louie. Jeez he is gorgeous (sorry Angel). Charlie and Esther do make you think of your Mam and Dad getting jiggy, but I think they work well together. 2 senior citizens looking for a bit of companionship with extras. Charlie might have to pay a visit to Judith for the little blue pills :D:D
    Delighted to see Orla and Keith together, I think they are well suited.I'm with Angel on the hugs for Damien. OK he was unfaithful once but he was living with a wagon at the time. As I keep saying Damien has never had any fun. He was brought up in a violent household, took over as man of the house when he should have been out enjoying himself. He deserves big hugs and lots of fun. The deplorable acting award goes to Seamus McAleer. Pathetic stuff, he looked like a caricature of a really atrocious Bond baddie.

Neasa looked good !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mardeen

Does anybody know where i can watch Christmas day's episode of fair city? i missed the repeat today?:( I'm loving the Louis and Carol storyline!!:)

• Advertisement

mardeen wrote: »
    Does anybody know where i can watch Christmas day's episode of fair city? i missed the repeat today?:( I'm loving the Louis and Carol storyline!!:)

If you missed the repeat, it won't be on again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement