Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

angel01 wrote: »
    I thought there was a hint the other day, when Orla asked Keith who he was more suited to and he said you (as in Orla) :D
    Yeah he said that but he said it off the cuff. He didnt mean anything by it. It will be interesting to see how they get on as a couple because she is very fiesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    Yeah he said that but he said it off the cuff. He didnt mean anything by it. It will be interesting to see how they get on as a couple because she is very fiesty.

They are definately more suited because Sarah & Keith have never worked in my eyes.. I told Sarah & Keith that myself :D

Would love them to bring in a lovely girl for Zumo, it is about time he saw some romance! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

They are definately more suited because Sarah & Keith have never worked in my eyes.. I told Sarah & Keith that myself :D

Would love them to bring in a lovely girl for Zumo, it is about time he saw some romance! :)

Are you hinting something to the script writers, now that you know your way toCarraigstown. LOL.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Are you hinting something to the script writers, now that you know your way toCarraigstown. LOL.

They must have listened.. I really did try to push my thoughts on Louie & Carol, looks like they took it on board! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

They must have listened.. I really did try to push my thoughts on Louie & Carol, looks like they took it on board! :D

Could you try something else then? Could Eileen and Vivienne agree to use one name only. All this alternating between Denzo, Declan, Zumo, Denis, Xavier and Decco is confusing.

• Advertisement

Yeah i agree that they are definitely more suited. But there has never even been even a spark between them. Even when she shared his bed last year, after his problems in the mountains, there was nothing..it was purely as a friend. I think it probably just hits them...how suited they are

Epicurus wrote: »
    Could you try something else then? Could Eileen and Vivienne agree to use one name only. All this alternating between Denzo, Declan, Zumo, Denis, Xavier and Decco is confusing.

I like it, normally your mother always calls you by your proper name and Eileen only calls Xavier when he is in trouble!

I don't find it confusing..

Denis = Denzo
    Declan = Decco
    Xavier = Zumo

Do you not have a nickname :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

max life wrote: »
    Who is Andrew? I think you probably mean Anthony... Tjs' father??

I've a huge problem with names and no matter how many times I've been told I still can never remember that garda's name that I never liked!!!

I want Jennifer back I like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Deise Tom wrote: »

Angel01 also suggested to the script writers that she could be Louie's estranged wife - who has no interest in Louie whatsoever - but he still had deep feelings for her - and would follow her around like a lap dog.:D

deelite wrote: »
    I've a huge problem with names and no matter how many times I've been told I still can never remember that garda's name that I never liked!!!

I want Jennifer back I like her.

Was that Ian who you were talking about? :eek:

I used to love Rory : http://www.tnenterprises.com/media/12556187601_Maonlai.jpg

I believe Jennifer in real life was
    pregnant

• Advertisement

Just want to wish all you lovely folk on the thread a Happy Christmas & all the best for 2011 :)

Here's to many more enjoyable times on the thread chatting about the wonderful soap that is Fair City :D

merry_christmas_everybody.jpg

deelite wrote: »
    Angel01 also suggested to the script writers that she could be Louie's estranged wife - who has no interest in Louie whatsoever - but he still had deep feelings for her - and would follow her around like a lap dog.:D

Might happen yet, as i reckon someone do do with the show read on here, might be script writers, producers, researchers or someone else working with the show. Many months ago i suggested on here that they introduce a character called Tom. During the year we got Tommy. I am not saying that the character was intoduced as a result of what i said as i am sure that they had the character planned many months previous, but maybe i might have helped give him a name or get them to change the name they had.

Happy Christmas to everyone !!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Happy Xmas Folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Merry Christmas to all our FC posters

If you fancy watching the cast singing their Christmas Song, it is on towards the end...

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1087783

I feel safe to say their acting jobs are not under any danger ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God this fiasco with McAleer and the pub is cringeworthy... The slow handclap etc etc... like one of those cheesey American sports movies..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

That was absolutely awful! I'm sorry, I'm a fan of the show but that whole sit in thing was so cringe!! Dire acting from Sarah and Una in particular! That scuffle outside the pub just looked absolutely terrible. The bishops showed their limitations. Only saving grace was cass and Charlie! Also, are we to presume that Louie and carol had sex?? Louie looked exactly the same from the scene before and they were standing in exactly the same spot!! It was amateur hour tonight

pavcro10 wrote: »
    It was amateur hour tonight

It's always amateur hour, absolute drivel. Tonight was worse than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Happy Christmas posters.

Enjoyable ep tonight. McAleer's really got a Star Wars-Villain vibe going on with the one black glove. He had some good lines tonight.
    The Keith love-....square(?) was entertaining.
    Barry growin a pair was a little cheesy imo.
    Cadill n' Louie's "Dangerous Liasons" kinda made me feel for Christy, he always gets the raw deal.
    I found the superglue stuff pretty funny, but that could be down to the red wine in my system :D
    The Bishops were a bit meh, as was the Doyle's/Esther nonsense. But overall, an enjoyable hour of Fair City. Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Louie is the best thing about Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Merry Xmas to all the FC boardsies from California!! hope ye not too cold at home!! :D

RoverJames wrote: »
    It's always amateur hour, absolute drivel. Tonight was worse than usual.

Fair City should stay away from hour long eposites. Tonights was dire throughout. What made it worse was they had to act for nearly the full hour as there was no adds. Had there been some it would have broken the boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I feel safe to say their acting jobs are not under any danger ;):D

I'm not so sure first time i seen fair city in a long time but the acting is terrible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

pavcro10 wrote: »
    saving grace was cass and Charlie!

Brilliant stuff between them and Esther. Louie though; she's forgotton about Avi fast.

I'd say Deelite you loved tonights episode. :D All those scenes of topless Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Never watch this filth, but I had no choice last night.I was just about to grab the carving knife and slit my wrists:mad:.I have never seen such rubbish, such cringeworthy tv:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.Give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better, I feel great after getting that off me chest now AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

jimmyw wrote: »
    Never watch this filth, but I had no choice last night.I was just about to grab the carving knife and slit my wrists:mad:.I have never seen such rubbish, such cringeworthy tv:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.Give me strength!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's better, I feel great after getting that off me chest now AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

LOL, U MAD?

400px-Trollface.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I haven't seen Fair City in ages, Really surprised to see Louie and Carol getting together, would have thought his relationship with Yvonne might have continued as she came back.
    It was a good effort considering they do not have the same budget as other shows. The Dillon family are also a good addition especially Neasa.

Sibylla wrote: »
    I haven't seen Fair City in ages, Really surprised to see Louie and Carol getting together, would have thought his relationship with Yvonne might have continued as she came back.
    It was a good effort considering they do not have the same budget as other shows. The Dillon family are also a good addition especially Neasa.

Yeah, it's been hinted that Yvonne was "going through a phase" during her last relationship with Connie, never cleared up though.... It's Fair City, so who knows.... 2 weeks ago, Bela couldn't even stand being in the same room as Suzanne, but now it's all good...no explaination :confused:

Neasa is most definitely a welcome addition to Fair City....

DAYUMM :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

RVD420 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been hinted that Yvonne was "going through a phase" during her last relationship with Connie, never cleared up though.... It's Fair City, so who knows.... 2 weeks ago, Bela couldn't even stand being in the same room as Suzanne, but now it's all good...no explaination :confused:

Neasa is most definitely a welcome addition to Fair City....

DAYUMM :D
    I think the writer's should have cleared that up. I just don't think Carol and Louie make a good couple. Actually Louie and Neasa would!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement