Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

That's also one of my pet hates about fc. Like where's the baby that yvonne had and gave to paul and niamh? Paul's gone away isn't her? And niamh appears to be in work everyday, now pretending to be a 'slimstar' rep:rolleyes: - unlike other new mothers who would be on maternity leave having adopted a baby...who's minding the baby????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Fittle wrote: »
    That's also one of my pet hates about fc. Like where's the baby that yvonne had and gave to paul and niamh? Paul's gone away isn't her? And niamh appears to be in work everyday, now pretending to be a 'slimstar' rep:rolleyes: - unlike other new mothers who would be on maternity leave having adopted a baby...who's minding the baby????

The Slimstar story is fair stupid as well. Why does she want an office to run a business like that. Is she helping Niamh pay some of the rent. Why has Dermot moved back in there. Has he gone back to his acountancy business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The Slimstar story is fair stupid as well. Why does she want an office to run a business like that. Is she helping Niamh pay some of the rent. Why has Dermot moved back in there. Has he gone back to his acountancy business.

But that is Fair City all over- i bet when Suzanne comes back in a few months, there will be absolutely no mention of her abuse and no awkwardness with Damien or anyone else, she will simply slip back into her dull and boring daily routine, having made way for the latest storyline, really satisfying way to tie up a storyline guys...just bury it until viewers have forgotten :rolleyes:
    Whereas in reality the Gardai should have been involved by now-want to do justice to the issue (after ruining it with the comic acting)? Then have Damien make an official report.

The show has no continuity at ALL- watch the next ep, characters will float from the pub to the diner within the space of 2 scenes with no sense of time or explanation- Keith could be having a pint with Orla one minute, then be having his lunch the next minute with Orla in a different place! The characters are rolled out like a carousel- Suzanne will be gone for a while so any characters that have been silent recently will get their token 6 weeks to shine before being shunted off.....laughable.

This may sound like a old womans rant but i do genuinely find the show so bad that its funny, not many shows like that.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

have to agree with the continuity issue - it does my head in!

like one thing i posted on here not so long ago was sarah had curlers in her hair and next scene she was in the pub after keith and he hair was straight and normal! they need to put a bit more effort into continuity.

there's always going to be great and not so great characters in the show. but overall, the quality of the show has come a long way in the last few years! one step at a time i guess! keep it moving onwards & upwards :D

been watching the show since i was 18 or 19 and i used to say it was so bad it was funny and i had to watch it, but i've actually become a genuine fan over the years. still get an awful slagging though for watching it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

I dont think she has.

This is something about fair city that annoys me and i reckon a lot of others. The script writers often begin a story and then lets it lie for a while, often writing out the characters involved for a while, and when they come back its like as if some stories never happened, such as the Yvonne/Connie one.

They split up when Connie left Yvonne to go back to Australia.
    Yvonne told Suzanne (or someone, not sure exactly who!) that Connie is seeing a therapist now who told her to keep away from Yvonne, because, so the therapist told Connie, Yvonne is toxic for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

... Damien just went from a tough debt collecter to a soft wreck in the space of one ep, terrible, and now it seems eberything is hunky dory between Bella and Suzanne, yet a few wks ago he had a heart attack from the sitaution, where is the continuity in this show??

Hi Wanderer
    Whatever about your other criticisms, it's not true to say that Damien changed in one episode. The situation evolved over a couple of months, as I remember. As to him being a tough debt collector and a soft wreck, you should take a look at this article.... http://www.amen.ie/articles/DAHM.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I hope they introduce some new teen characters this year. I think there was a great balance in the cast when Marks' friends were in it ( Roisin, Adam Doug etc.). Now there is just Dearbhla and Philip. Mark only interacts with the older characters..nobody his own age. Actually there is an idea...Mark and Dearbhla...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am still puzzled what work Dermot is supposed to be doing in the office with Niamh and what the hell is Orla doing there. surely she has to work in her own office :confused:

max life wrote: »
    I hope they introduce some new teen characters this year. I think there was a great balance in the cast when Marks' friends were in it ( Roisin, Adam Doug etc.). Now there is just Dearbhla and Philip. Mark only interacts with the older characters..nobody his own age. Actually there is an idea...Mark and Dearbhla...

They should have never let Doug leave in my opinion and Duncan as well...

angel01 wrote: »
    I am still puzzled what work Dermot is supposed to be doing in the office with Niamh and what the hell is Orla doing there. surely she has to work in her own office :confused:

When Orla came back from London, she got a phone call a DAY later from some unnamed company offering her a job, she didnt mention anything about working in an office with Dermot and Niamh, it was implied that she got a job outside of the town and yet there she was.....weird. :)

• Advertisement

Dermot, I'm assuming is back doing accountancy.

No one ever seems to know what orla does (is she event management or something?), so its anyones guess what she's doing in there!

The actress with the worst wig and the worst acting talent in the world is in that office trying to promote slimstar - because do'ya know the way you'd give your clients a confidential first assesement in a room full of strangers:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So can anyone answer my question above....where's the baby??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Dermot, I'm assuming is back doing accountancy.

No one ever seems to know what orla does (is she event management or something?), so its anyones guess what she's doing in there!

The actress with the worst wig and the worst acting talent in the world is in that office trying to promote slimstar - because do'ya know the way you'd give your clients a confidential first assesement in a room full of strangers:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So can anyone answer my question above....where's the baby??????
    Orla works in PR.
    I agree with your point about Esther. Surely she should be visiting her clients house...where is the confidentiality??? She is the worst actress in FC by some distance...very wooden

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Agree with continuity thing as well!! I also absolutely hate the way characters disappear for weeks on end with no explanation!! Like Leo and Dean for example, they were Damien best friends during the suzanne saga and now they seem to have been sucked up by a black hole!!

I actually like esther, I think every soap needs a gossip, so I like her character. Don't think she's a bad actress.

There are too many "dead weight" characters in FC like Paul and Barry O Hanlon that have been there years and now have very little purpose- Paul just stays in the soap out of pure stubbornness at this stage, he has been with every woman and done every shocking soap event you can imagine and his character is totally redundant at this stage, and Barry? He just mooches around sipping tea and looking miserable. I think change is essential in a soap, and putting in Neasa and the new family was a good idea but getting rid of some of the dead weight to allow for newer or even current characters to get more airtime would make more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mardeen

why dont they put the episodes of fair city on rte player? i keep missing episodes! its about time they put them online!

Just settlin down to watch tonights episode:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Last thing Annette would have wanted was the pub shut down...

Well, that was one of the more uneventful episodes in a while. Suzanne left (in an eastenders scene that I've seen a hundred times - in a taxi:rolleyes:), finn made a move on sarah and will now be moving in with keith & orla..seamus - who MUST have a real hand injury coz that glove is just looking ridiculous at this stage - decided to back down from buying the pub after a 'speech' from carol about annettes love of children:confused::confused:

Anyway, pretty uneventful, by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

mardeen wrote: »
    why dont they put the episodes of fair city on rte player? i keep missing episodes! its about time they put them online!

It was on ratepayers for a few weeks when the website was launched iand it wad taken of because they could not come to agreement with the actors union or something

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

mr c wrote: »
    It was on ratepayers for a few weeks when the website was launched iand it wad taken of because they could not come to agreement with the actors union or something

Actor's union :confused:

Why would they be involved with FC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Carrickstown should have its own DART station.

I was watching EastEnders on the train, if RTÉ did that boards would be a light with criticism, anyone have a clip of the train journey when some pregnant woman is in labour, the fat girl gets in with her.

Oh wait its on the RTÉ Player 5 mins in, brilliantly bad.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1087967

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

amdublin wrote: »
    Actor's union :confused:

This country is ****** with them.

Someone should stand up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This country is ****** with them.

Someone should stand up to them.

lets not get political, but in rebut its a handy way out that bit of propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Only one comment on tonights show - Louie in his dressing gown= very hot !! Sorry Angel, I know he is yours but what a gorgeous looking man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Well, that was one of the more uneventful episodes in a while. Suzanne left (in an eastenders scene that I've seen a hundred times - in a taxi:rolleyes:), finn made a move on sarah and will now be moving in with keith & orla..seamus - who MUST have a real hand injury coz that glove is just looking ridiculous at this stage - decided to back down from buying the pub after a 'speech' from carol about annettes love of children:confused::confused:

Anyway, pretty uneventful, by all accounts

Also the conversation between Esther and Dermot in the first half that was so good they had the exact same conversation in the second half

jos28 wrote: »
    Only one comment on tonights show - Louie in his dressing gown= very hot !! Sorry Angel, I know he is yours but what a gorgeous looking man.

Louis's haircut reminds me of an 8yr old boys, on his first holy communion.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Louis's haircut reminds me of an 8yr old boys, on his first holy communion.

I have to agree. I also find the whole Louis/Carol romance a little awkward to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Watching Carol with Christy does look right either

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

I'm probably over analyzing it but Louie's facial expressions creep me out a little bit, especially at the close of a scene with himself + Carol.

• Advertisement

OMG.. I loved watching Carol & Louie and Louie was HOT HOT HOT.. him in that dressing gown... yummy :D I loved the way he was holding Carol's hand and looking at her in that way.. lucky lady ;):D Lucky her sharing a bed with Louie... :D:D

Shame Suzanne is gone but I think we needed a little break from her. I thought Yvonne was quite good but those gloves and that cape have to go :pac:

Esther and Dermot make me laugh, great storyline! but as for the pub storyline, it is really poorly written..

This Finn/Sarah storyline sends me to sleep and I actually was like this :( when Christy returned :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement